Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Hockey trade for similar situation prospect or his rights added on as a sweetener in a package, not like he's not got any value.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't care if he scores a ton of points. We've got those types. Another Brodin'ish defensive Dman would be sweet, though.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
he was a 3rd round pick drafted in the 1st. i agree with 57 if maybe he can become another brodin i'll stop ripping mgmt's choice.

Beastieboi

Oct 29, 2019
What tools does khovanov have that show he might make it at 2C / 1C? and what does he need to improve on to ensure that he makes it?

I've never seen him play other than some YouTube highlight reels

It would be fantastic if he just blows up over in russia and solves all our problems

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What tools does khovanov have that show he might make it at 2C / 1C? and what does he need to improve on to ensure that he makes it?

I've never seen him play other than some YouTube highlight reels

It would be fantastic if he just blows up over in russia and solves all our problems
From what I’ve seen, he has everything. He’s a bit slow, and it can likely be attributed to being 10-15 pounds heavier than he should be for his strength levels. He’s got a great shot. Great compete. Special playmaker. If he doesn’t become a top 6 cente it will be his own fault.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought he was slow too, then saw him motor pretty good at the WJC's. I don't think skating is a problem.

Reactions: TaLoN

hockeyenthusiast10

Dec 14, 2017
I thought he was slow too, then saw him motor pretty good at the WJC's. I don't think skating is a problem.

Khovanov reminds me of David Krejci -- not the best skater but supremely skilled. One can hope that's what we get from him -- to me it sounds like he just needs to stay motivated and catch a break on the injury/illness front.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Khovanov scratched for opening night. Did travel with the team though. Either way, it would’ve been nice to see him push his way into the lineup. Stings that Voronkov, (2019 4th), is centering the 2nd line.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Khovanov scratched for opening night. Did travel with the team though. Either way, it would’ve been nice to see him push his way into the lineup. Stings that Voronkov, (2019 4th), is centering the 2nd line.

Voronkov's also been with Ak Bars for the last two seasons, which is likely a factor. Ideally we'll see Khovanov playing some games, but having to work his way onto a pro roster seems like a good challenge after a few years in the CHL.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

The cartoon face threw me and my Cyrillic is pretty rough, but go Хованов!
notinmyhouse1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad