Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If you think about it, we are in a decent spot for Prospects when showing nothing in the first round.

‘13—nothing
‘14–nothing
‘15–wish we had konecny
‘16–meh
‘17–nothing
‘18–nothing
In Fenton we trust

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Alexander Romanov is a time traveling RW/D who has played 11 years in the KHL spread over two stints: '08-09 to '16-17 as a right wing and then '18-19 to '19-20 as a defenseman. We're currently seeing the younger version of him play, as his time travels have made him aware that he'll never make the NHL as a RW. Word is he's a fantastic skater and has a great hockey IQ, especially defensively. There is question about his offensive upside, which shouldn't be too surprising since he'll only put up 22 KHL points as a career high in '08-09.

Reactions: hockeynorth

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
ehh, doesn't really matter. Main thing is that he gets a taste of pro hockey. Grown men playing for money is a completely different thing.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I wonder if they are just keeping him on the fourth line so they can build their team and be comfortable with losing him as a 4c rather than higher so for now he is just a boost and then once he comes back to us next season it’s not as big a hole to fill.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wonder if they are just keeping him on the fourth line so they can build their team and be comfortable with losing him as a 4c rather than higher so for now he is just a boost and then once he comes back to us next season it’s not as big a hole to fill.

That's likely part of it. Also being the rookie of the team and still only 20 years old. It would be nice if he got some bigger minutes, but I wasn't expecting much more than this.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Are they a rebuilding team? Because Burmistrov as top line center and can barely push 10 goals is concerning. If Khovanov and Voronkov don't make some noise next year, I'd be concerned.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe Filip Johansson will accidentally get a few more points this season playing with Raymond this season.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Because he's just vacating a spot for Addison to seize. Without trading Dumba, there is no room for him to come back to unless Addison isn't a player.

Addison is going to need some time to acclimate to the AHL. Menell may have had a spot in the NHL if he pushed Hunt out of that 7th spot (which shouldn't be too hard). Even if he returns back to the AHL, Menell would be top 4.

I don't know if Belpedio or Addison can play off-hand...

Reactions: Spurgeon

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
There was a whole russo talk when we finally got belpeido resigned awhile back that he actually doesn't mind or might even be better at LD.

As for Menell having to "push" the likes of hunt or bart after what we saw of them is kind of insulting. Think he's likely gone means he wants out of the org and is forcing a move of his rights. Which I get at this point if I were him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad