OT: General OT Thread #44 - The World is Still Turning

Wabit

May 23, 2016
As you can see, usernames appear in red when you reply, harder to read. I suggest a brighter color, how about green?
None of these colors look good in both light and dark modes.

Light green, darker green, kinda green, not quite green. Orange. Red

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yeah the new software needs like, the ability to outline words when there's not enough contrast.

Anyway I am in a completely different place in my life than I was the last time I was active on here. i have a full time job now, I'm in the process of changing my name everywhere cause I've decided to go by a first name I actually like instead of the one I was given that I never felt like it fit. Gonna try to start getting active on like twitter and stuff and, god help me, I finally signed up for f***ing facebook. Would love to see this old OT thread getting some love, as I always loved hanging out in these things here and elsewhere on here. Hey Talon and Minnesota, how have you and the mod team been since I left? What's new with you guys? How's the rest of the old mod team doing? Hell, how many of the people that I used to know are still mods on here anyway?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lapa is still a mod, but not as active here. A lot of the Finns left, once we got rid of ...the Finns, though they drop by now and again. They are missed.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah the new software needs like, the ability to outline words when there's not enough contrast.

Anyway I am in a completely different place in my life than I was the last time I was active on here. i have a full time job now, I'm in the process of changing my name everywhere cause I've decided to go by a first name I actually like instead of the one I was given that I never felt like it fit. Gonna try to start getting active on like twitter and stuff and, god help me, I finally signed up for f***ing facebook. Would love to see this old OT thread getting some love, as I always loved hanging out in these things here and elsewhere on here. Hey Talon and Minnesota, how have you and the mod team been since I left? What's new with you guys? How's the rest of the old mod team doing? Hell, how many of the people that I used to know are still mods on here anyway?
Congrats on the whole life change thing. Sounds like you're in a good place in life. Glad to hear it!
As for facebook... No way will I ever do the damn facebook thing. No way in hell!

This board has quieted down a lot since you were last around. For a while the hostility around here was way up... and I think that caused a lot of frustration, but I think the hostility is dying down and people are pretty chill again for the most part. Hope that helps bring back the peeps.

Haven't seen much from the old mod crew here lately (I think only @Minnesota and @Lapa were mods on this board when you were that still remain? @Bazeek and I volunteered a while after you stepped down). You coming back is a welcome sight, and maybe will help boost traffic in this thread again. The general thread on this board used to be a hopping place, but hasn't been in quite some time. It'd be nice for it to get back to the fun and sometimes bizarre place it used to be! :laugh:

We used to have a bunch of us that would check in on this thread and called ourselves "The Night Crew"... that's when it generally got rather bizarre if I recall... :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: zellmatic

Wabit

May 23, 2016
For a while the hostility around here was way up... and I think that caused a lot of frustration, but I think the hostility is dying down and people are pretty chill again for the most part.

This is why I'm not on as often as I used to be. I'm fine with differing opinions and discussions about them, it's what this place is for. Those discussions stopped and changed into attack mode for differing opinions. It's better now, but things aren't as fun as it used to be in here.

Reactions: TaLoN and 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is why I'm not on as often as I used to be. I'm fine with differing opinions and discussions about them, it's what this place is for. Those discussions stopped and changed into attack mode for differing opinions. It's better now, but things aren't as fun as it used to be in here.
You are not the only one, but i think things are changing for the better.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
You are not the only one, but i think things are changing for the better.

I'll say it - there was one user ruining the forum. And now that they're apparently gone, I've been willing to post again.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Seconded, or thirded, or fourthed. Whatever number we're on.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Nice to see you, been a while.

I'm still here, although admittedly I haven't been as active lately as I used to be.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
kumbaya-my-lord-8fac34.jpg

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I'm assuming it was the guy whose responses were generally just 'You're wrong.' Then sometimes later in the thread it would be occasionally followed by a rancid post of opinion he'd try and pass off as fact.

Last edited:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I mean that sounds like so many people I've dealt with in all areas of my life. Too bad tho. A toxic environment leads to a lack of interest and engagement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad