OT: General OT Thread #44 - The World is Still Turning

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Oh hey, I'm in. The new look isn't perfect, but for the most part, I like it. Agreed on dark mode - finally (again).

Reactions: TaLoN

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The plus side....some of the many Wild threads may have been deleted on the main board. The down side....I got 4 points last night, yet it looks like the Prediction thread took a hit with the change over.

Reactions: 57special

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Something I'm not okay with is my username showing on the bottom of a thread that I'm viewing. I like viewing the opponent's GDT and would prefer to do so incognito. I have the privacy setting box unchecked, which is suppose to "hide me", but it's not working.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Something I'm not okay with is my username showing on the bottom of a thread that I'm viewing. I like viewing the opponent's GDT and would prefer to do so incognito. I have the privacy setting box unchecked, which is suppose to "hide me", but it's not working.
You were never incognito. It was a preference setting before.
All you did was prevent yourself from seeing it.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
There's gotta be something wrong with the preferences, because even unchecking the box that shows my online status doesn't work. It still shows I'm online.

Gotta love bugs.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
There's gotta be something wrong with the preferences, because even unchecking the box that shows my online status doesn't work. It still shows I'm online.

Gotta love bugs.
A lot of configuration to go. Not all features are online.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
They're going to be testing to see if 150x150 avatars can return, something we haven't had since prior to the previous upgrade

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
In dark mode, it's very difficult to distinguish between threads that have unread messages, and those that don't. The bolding for threads with unread is hard to notice. Not sure if that's something that can be fixed.

Reactions: MK9 and TaLoN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
In dark mode, it's very difficult to distinguish between threads that have unread messages, and those that don't. The bolding for threads with unread is hard to notice. Not sure if that's something that can be fixed.

Simple solution: Just post in every thread. If you don't see your name as the most recent then there are new things to read. Everyone should do this.

34ifo0.gif

• Wow
Reactions: TaLoN and Wild11MN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Huh, so there are now 4 options for reactions when you click like on a post. You can only have one per post.

Sorry Talon if you got a bunch of notifications when I was clicking things just to see what happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad