OT: General OT Thread #44 - The World is Still Turning

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If the City of Coon Rapids and my neighbors wouldn't mind me hunting in my backyard, I'd probably have venison for years in my freezers. City deer have it made.... aside from cars anyways.

One of my dogs is an Irish wolfhound mutt. Complete sight hound. He sees a deer and he's chasing it. Good thing they are always 100 yds or more away when he sees them, otherwise I'd be making a call to the DNR that I really don;t want to have to make. He closes about 75 yds of that gap before he runs out of steam.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If the City of Coon Rapids and my neighbors wouldn't mind me hunting in my backyard, I'd probably have venison for years in my freezers. City deer have it made.... aside from cars anyways.
We've got some of those, but also a bunch of Turkeys

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
One of my dogs is an Irish wolfhound mutt. Complete sight hound. He sees a deer and he's chasing it. Good thing they are always 100 yds or more away when he sees them, otherwise I'd be making a call to the DNR that I really don;t want to have to make. He closes about 75 yds of that gap before he runs out of steam.
Its funny. My boxer is such a chill dog. Nothing fazes her unless it's a cat (if it's a cat, all bets are off). Couple weeks ago a momma dear was out with her fawns and noticed the dog. She started snorting, stomping, getting all aggressive.... dog didn't give a crap. Just casually wandered and sniffed until she got close enough that momma had enough and bolted. I had never seen a deer get that pissed in the 8 years I've been living here, Mayzie didn't give half an F

Last edited:

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

theres probably places in town bow hunting is a lottery option. Many of the cities have bow hunting options

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Birria, the perfect Super Bowl food.

CEE1-A768-62-EE-4119-A750-3-E5-BD382888-F.jpg

Reactions: GuerinUp

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Another migration attempt tonight... we've heard this before, I know... but they seem more confident it's actually happening this time? :dunno:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Everything seems to be going fine, except that they restarted the migration at some point to switch it to a faster cluster, as it was going far too slow on the cluster they started with.

That just shifted the timeline overall, but it does mean this won't be completed until sometime on Friday instead.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So what's been happening here the last year or two since I never check in anymore? What's new with all of you? Cause I've had a hell of a year so far.
Oh, you know... everyone is skeptical of the Wild as usual around here.

We're currently in the middle of a never ending migration of the forum that will likely see the disappearance of these posts when done.

Glad to see you here though! We'd love to see you here regularly again!

Things going well?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Oh, you know... everyone is skeptical of the Wild as usual around here.

We're currently in the middle of a never ending migration of the forum that will likely see the disappearance of these posts when done.

Glad to see you here though! We'd love to see you here regularly again!

Things going well?

Well 2022 has been a flurry of changes for me. New job, new financial situation, some rather large personal life changes. I feel like I'm literally a different person than the last time I said hi around here.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well 2022 has been a flurry of changes for me. New job, new financial situation, some rather large personal life changes. I feel like I'm literally a different person than the last time I said hi around here.
Well, you've made 2 posts without a long several paragraph rant on something, so that's a change... :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Eh if you recall my rants were primarily regarding the Wild so considering I'm completely out of the loop I have no material with which to create said rant.

But trust me, I still go on epic rants. All the damn time. That's still part of who I am.

Meh does it really matter if you're out of the loop? Just makes stuff up and some of it is bound to stick. :naughty:

Reactions: TaLoN

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Meh does it really matter if you're out of the loop? Just makes stuff up and some of it is bound to stick. :naughty:

Ha.

I would but I have a policy of actually aiming when I fire. I don't feel like I know enough about the current Wild other than they're in the middle of a bad stretch to actually say anything. I don't even have a TV in my room to hook up to the cable box.

I do plan on changing that if I can ever find a non-smart TV in the size I want that's at minimum 1080p. You'd think that would be easy but nooooope.

Lots of stuff about me has changed, but dont worry, when I have a rant ready to go, I do launch said rant.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Probably working from this home currently for sale in Minnetonka with this awesome ham radio control station.

9-F706846-A178-4-D21-8-B2-D-CBE3-E666-D0-ED.jpg

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Would it help if I shouted loud enough for the admins to hear and let off an inspirational rant?

Haha I'm just joking. If it's the same guys with admin powers as when I was a global I couldn't yell at those guys, they were a good bunch. I'd just scowl disapprovingly instead.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yikes, was pretty unstable for a while, then was dead for like 2 hours... looks like things are getting back on track now though? Seems stable again...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad