OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 2 - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Pretty cool seeing him do this all on roads I drive on and places I frequent. Especially the scenes shot on 2 lane roads in the woods. That’s Davidsonville which is between Annapolis and Bowie. I love driving those roads on the way home from work. Especially when I had my Golf R. I never got over 100 mph. And that airport is by my house.

Also interesting to see how they cut that together. He jumped around the Annapolis area a lot in that video.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Pretty cool seeing him do this all on roads I drive on and places I frequent. Especially the scenes shot on 2 lane roads in the woods. That’s Davidsonville which is between Annapolis and Bowie. I love driving those roads on the way home from work. Especially when I had my Golf R. I never got over 100 mph. And that airport is by my house.

Also interesting to see how they cut that together. He jumped around the Annapolis area a lot in that video.

Love me some subie STI. Still stoked to see what the new 2022 will be. Camaro is paid up in Nov. 2022. If I keep the camaro probably would go for an STI. Kinda depends on the whole work from home situ by then.

That long straight away two lane road jump was a cheek tightener.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Russia's Olympic ban from Tokyo Games for doping violations upheld

I suspect nobody is really happy with this.

edit: another article

Decision to halve Russia's Wada doping ban meets with disbelief and anger

Russians are going to contend the ban should have been overturned, and everyone else will feel like it should have been kept at 4yrs. This compromise seems half-assed. Literally. Both sides can claim victory initially in order to win the PR war during the announcement news cycle but I'm sure there will be groaning as time drags on.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They should just have two olympics one with and one without doping.

Heh. Then the dopers who can't win the Dopalympics will just try to take over the regular Olympics.

Even so a fully roided out version of the Olympics would be interesting. Once or twice.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It's time for public broadband as a managed utility. At this point the internet is so inextricably linked to daily life, entrusting service to private companies for profit is like buying private access to the roads near your house, to work, to the store, to school, etc.
A colleague of mine took a leave of absence to serve on Biden's transition team working on broadband access. With Covid, it's a top priority.

Reactions: twabby and g00n

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Rural broadband is absolutely necessary and unlike other potential government projects I don't think anyone aside from the ISPs themselves really oppose it, which is why it's key to get this done now. If they delay I expect there to be significant muddying of the waters and disinformation campaigns designed to erode trust in the government's ability to provide this service, much like has happened with healthcare.

Reactions: g00n

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Sad to see. Heard a woman was injured. Just hope that the end result is bruised egos and nothing more.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
td-simpsons-brockman.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad