OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 2 - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Apparently November is when to play that course. Larry Mize shot -2, same as the Hulk...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Bryson averaging almost 340yds off the tee even with wet conditions. I didn't see any of his drives so not sure if he was getting rolls, or if they only measure on certain holes. But that's nuts. I could hit it that far under ideal conditions when I was in my 20s and 30s but a good 50yds were roll. If he's carrying almost 340....jfc.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Bryson averaging almost 340yds off the tee even with wet conditions. I didn't see any of his drives so not sure if he was getting rolls, or if they only measure on certain holes. But that's nuts. I could hit it that far under ideal conditions when I was in my 20s and 30s but a good 50yds were roll. If he's carrying almost 340....jfc.

zero rolls, plugs often...wild. Never seen tee shots that are long moonballs.....towering. His shots were going higher than top tracer’s field at times..

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
zero rolls, plugs often...wild. Never seen tee shots that are long moonballs.....towering. His shots were going higher than top tracer’s field at times..

Knowing his penchant for analysis I'm sure he's totally optimized his launch, spin, AOA, smash factor, etc via Trackman so he can just unleash, and has some crazy exotic shaft spec bullshit going on, too.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Knowing his penchant for analysis I'm sure he's totally optimized his launch, spin, AOA, smash factor, etc via Trackman so he can just unleash, and has some crazy exotic shaft spec bullshit going on, too.

I badly want a Trackman of my own....sigh....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I badly want a Trackman of my own....sigh....

20K ain't pocket change, that's for sure.

I used to do fittings with FlightScope before Trackman exploded. Both are more accurate than a simulator (like in most sporting goods stores) but I think TM passed FS in tech. Yet TM is still somewhat disputed in exactly how accurate it is. TM enthusiasts will claim it's spot on but looking at the tech and physics it's still a mathematical calculation based on readings regarding spin, from what I recall.

Bottom line is no substitute for good range balls, a clear calm day, and a range finder, imo.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
20K ain't pocket change, that's for sure.

I used to do fittings with FlightScope before Trackman exploded. Both are more accurate than a simulator (like in most sporting goods stores) but I think TM passed FS in tech. Yet TM is still somewhat disputed in exactly how accurate it is. TM enthusiasts will claim it's spot on but looking at the tech and physics it's still a mathematical calculation based on readings regarding spin, from what I recall.

Bottom line is no substitute for good range balls, a clear calm day, and a range finder, imo.

I’ve gone over the cost in my head so many times.....

bottom line, if I had an indoor hitting area, I’d have a simulator or Trackman....but it needs to be a full use item. I’m not buying a Trackman to cart around to the range regularly.

pricing is insane, but I love the instant feedback for tweaking....it’s quite amazing.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Don't see how anyone catches DJ short of him pulling a Greg Norman.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Don't see how anyone catches DJ short of him pulling a Greg Norman.

it’s only 4, but unless he plays average to poor, he should hold on.

the guys close aren’t scaring anyone....

Cam Smith could make it entertaining....Ancer has a nice game, but I’m not sure he’s ready this time around.

I thought Rahm was close to ready, but he pooped the bed on moving day. Would be cool if Rory or Reed or Fleetwood dropped a 65 in front of DJ to make it tight....

I’m pulling for a bouncy Ms Gretzky display after the win!

Last edited:
Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
it’s only 4, but unless he plays average to poor, he should hold on.

the guys close aren’t scaring anyone....

Cam Smith could make it entertaining....Ancer has a nice game, but I’m not sure he’s ready this time around.

I thought Rahm was close to ready, but he pooped the bed on moving day. Would be cool if Rory or Reed or Fleetwood dropped a 65 in front of DJ to make it tight....

I’m pulling for a bouncy Ms Gretzky display after the win!

All of that. I've been thinking Smith is the biggest potential challenger based on game and momentum, and a hunch....if DJ tightens up thinking about that Green Jacket it's possible.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
The course isn't playing tough enough for DJ to fall back more than a shot or two.

Somebody's gonna need to shoot a 63 or a 64 to have a chance. Lots of good players at -9 and -8 who could do it, though.

Reactions: g00n

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I didn’t watch any of the masters. I wanted to but I didn’t. It didn’t have the same allure to me now as it does in the spring.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Holy crap, I'm so glad I switched to Fios not long ago:

Comcast gets ready to hit millions of customers with a data cap at the worst possible time | PC Gamer

Comcast, the ISP that was twice voted the worst company in America in a Consumerist poll (in 2010 and 2014), is about to impose data caps on Xfinity customers in over a dozen US states. Affected subscribers who go over 1.2 terabytes of data in any given month will be charged an overage fee.

The data caps will apply to customers living in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Vermont, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia, along with certain areas in North Carolina and Ohio.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Unfortunately I still have to use Comcast/Xfinity. We legit don’t have any alternative where I live as Fios has yet to come into our neighborhood. Their customer service department might be the worst customer service department of all time. The worst company to try and work with

Reactions: tenken00
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad