OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 2 - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Always been tempted to go big for a truck though the Ford Raptor really the only one (considering the incoming electric vehicle blitz only a 8 cyl raptor at this point would tempt me). Camaro is paid off late 2022 so going big in my highest income earning years for one last non-electric vehicle has some tempting targets. Basically the last depreciating asset I would throw common sense to the wind, heh. Though the cybertruck my tempt me. But also depends on the corp I work for as far as remote working.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Always been tempted to go big for a truck though the Ford Raptor really the only one (considering the incoming electric vehicle blitz only a 8 cyl raptor at this point would tempt me). Camaro is paid off late 2022 so going big in my highest income earning years for one last non-electric vehicle has some tempting targets. Basically the last depreciating asset I would throw common sense to the wind, heh. Though the cybertruck my tempt me. But also depends on the corp I work for as far as remote working.

You mean the Tesla?!?

tesla-battery-day-2020-tesla-cybertruck.jpg

I'm not someone to tell others to throw their money at large expensive objects.. buttt... if money was no object... :laugh: !!

Last edited:
Reactions: usiel

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
You mean the Tesla?!?

tesla-battery-day-2020-tesla-cybertruck.jpg

I'm not someone to tell others to throw their money at large expensive objects.. buttt... if money was no object... :laugh: !!

I wouldn’t mind having a Tesla car but I’ll pass on that truck so long as the bed rails are on an angle.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I wouldn’t mind having a Tesla car but I’ll pass on that truck so long as the bed rails are on an angle.

I think it's hard to tell from that camera angle, but the actual Tesla Cybertruck bed itself seems kind of deep.

Here are photos of the actual bed:

Tesla-Cybertruck-gate-fliip-stop.jpg

cybertruck.jpg

And it seems like there is a piece to cover it as well:

Jay-Leno-Cybertruck.jpg

And if you want to be Optimus Prime (the good version not the cheesy Michael Bay version):

07_Desktop.jpg

qze8u7sd36041.png

Last edited:

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I'm not really a big truck guy myself, but usiel was thinking about making a big splurge on one and it's just too splashy to not at least look lol...

I think it finally does come out this year.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It’s a cool looking truck but, to me, the angled bed rails is an issue. I use my truck to haul stuff to the dump and haul stuff for my yard. Being able to reach over the rail for something, especially up by the cab, comes in handy more often then not. Then there is the need to tie stuff down. That would appear to be a challenge with bed rails like that.

My guess is Tesla, like Honda with the Ridgeline, will come around sooner or later and put normal bed rails on their trucks.

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
It’s a cool looking truck but, to me, the angled bed rails is an issue. I use my truck to haul stuff to the dump and haul stuff for my yard. Being able to reach over the rail for something, especially up by the cab, comes in handy more often then not. Then there is the need to tie stuff down. That would appear to be a challenge with bed rails like that.

My guess is Tesla, like Honda with the Ridgeline, will come around sooner or later and put normal bed rails on their trucks.

Ah I didn't even think of practical stuff like grabbing things near the cab and tying stuff down. Look at me, all style and no substance again.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
There ya go, have a laugh at my expense. Happy to help.

I’ll just say, Tesla is counting on more people that will actually use the bed to buy their trucks then those that won’t. There are more of the former.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
There ya go, have a laugh at my expense. Happy to help.

I’ll just say, Tesla is counting on more people that will actually use the bed to buy their trucks then those that won’t. There are more of the former.

I mean I would use it to pick up the occasional big item for the house....long trim piece or lumber for a small project maybe lol.

If the Cybertruck becomes a working man’s truck, I’ll be surprised....

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I mean I would use it to pick up the occasional big item for the house....long trim piece or lumber for a small project maybe lol.

If the Cybertruck becomes a working man’s truck, I’ll be surprised....
Why wouldn’t they want working men to buy it? It’s got bullet proof glass for Pete’s sake. I am sure Tesla wants to make money.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Wooo new Mars rover Perseverance about to land!

Edit: Success! Now begins the mission of actual bringing back samples from Mars back to Earth for the first time in search of life. It landed in a former lake bed which held water, and there is still frozen water beneath the surface.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Pretty cool, they were so precise they didn’t have to use the maneuvering thrusters much...
127 mil miles to Mars, 11 min delay for radio signals and they hit a tiny entry corridor and use minimal corrections to do it. And that’s just getting there. Very cool.

And with companies like Space X making booster reusability a reality it’s going to get even cooler. The Lunar Gateway is getting launched in the next year or so. Back to the moon!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
127 mil miles to Mars, 11 min delay for radio signals and they hit a tiny entry corridor and use minimal corrections to do it. And that’s just getting there. Very cool.

And with companies like Space X making booster reusability a reality it’s going to get even cooler. The Lunar Gateway is getting launched in the next year or so. Back to the moon!
Two female Naval Academy grads are on the Artemis Team that will walk the moon in 2024 (hopefully). They'll be the 5th and 6th Annapolis grads to walk the moon and the first women to do it. Oh yeah, and Navy has produced the highest number of astronauts of any institution... no big deal.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Guys/mods need your help

I can't write posts or reply to posts from my computer

I'm using Firefox

Anyone else with the same problem as me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad