OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 2 - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Rural broadband is absolutely necessary and unlike other potential government projects I don't think anyone aside from the ISPs themselves really oppose it, which is why it's key to get this done now. If they delay I expect there to be significant muddying of the waters and disinformation campaigns designed to erode trust in the government's ability to provide this service, much like has happened with healthcare.

I would agree it is a big one. When you look at the information technology being such a big driver to the economy and jobs rural broadband would be necessary to bring tech jobs that can work remote. Starlink progress I follow pretty closely. I believe Verizon is finally offering a home isp option via cellular but it has been a while since I've heard anything more on that. Municipal broadband is another thing that should be encouraged.

Reactions: twabby

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Anyone fancy a bit of fantasy hockey this year? Got a couple of teams that need new owners - one of which has a stacked team including McJesus...

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2021-1-23_23-4-16.png

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
This fall I took down a big Eucalyptus tree and a Western Juniper tree from my yard. Today I rented a log splitter from the owner of the Atlanta Falcons, and finally got around to splitting all those logs into firewood. Took all day even with the machine and I'm sore as hell, but there is something viscerally soothing about turning something that was 50 feet tall and 12 feet around just a few months ago, into a perfectly stacked cord of firewood that should last me several years.

This image was only the Juniper... the Eucalyptus was on the other side of the house.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This fall I took down a big Eucalyptus tree and a Western Juniper tree from my yard. Today I rented a log splitter from the owner of the Atlanta Falcons, and finally got around to splitting all those logs into firewood. Took all day even with the machine and I'm sore as hell, but there is something viscerally soothing about turning something that was 50 feet tall and 12 feet around just a few months ago, into a perfectly stacked cord of firewood that should last me several years.

This image was only the Juniper... the Eucalyptus was on the other side of the house.

Super cool, and good lookin’ pup!

Reactions: kicksavedave

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Good job.

I have 2 dozen f***ing trees in my yard. Can you come over and repeat that performance a few times? lol

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Good job.

I have 2 dozen f***ing trees in my yard. Can you come over and repeat that performance a few times? lol

What kind of trees? If they are oak, eucalyptus, I'll pay you $100 per tree to take them down so I can have the firewood. If they're walnut I'll pay you $500 each so I can make furniture out of them. If they are pine or some other softwood, you would have to pay me $100 billion dollars instead.

I think firewood is to me, as game worn jerseys are to RidleySimon. I'm a collector :thumbu:

Oh and you would have to live within 50 miles of Fallbrook CA.:nod:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What kind of trees? If they are oak, eucalyptus, I'll pay you $100 per tree to take them down so I can have the firewood. If they're walnut I'll pay you $500 each so I can make furniture out of them. If they are pine or some other softwood, you would have to pay me $100 billion dollars instead.

I think firewood is to me, as game worn jerseys are to RidleySimon. I'm a collector :thumbu:

Hahaha unfortunately most are pine and I'm on the East Coast. We have some HUGE oaks, though. Two giant pins and a laurel. Also a few locust and a gum tree that I want to burn down because of the spike balls.

If I move to CA I'll call you. :laugh:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

We've got a stack like that--all oak and acacia--but we can't use it because our FP sucks and fills our house and the neighbor's with smoke. :(

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
We've got a stack like that--all oak and acacia--but we can't use it because our FP sucks and fills our house and the neighbor's with smoke. :(

Boo. Your fireplace chimney may be filled with creosote, maybe try having one of those old timey chimney sweepers come clean it? If that doesn't work, you can Fed Ex that wood to me and I will be happy to burn it in my fireplace(s) and send you a video of it to know it went to good use :)

Reactions: Calicaps

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Boo. Your fireplace chimney may be filled with creosote, maybe try having one of those old timey chimney sweepers come clean it? If that doesn't work, you can Fed Ex that wood to me and I will be happy to burn it in my fireplace(s) and send you a video of it to know it went to good use :)
We had the chimney swept when we first moved in. We've barely used the FP since for the stated reasons so it's not that. I think it's just small/shallow and has too short of an chimney. Small Bay Area houses, you know...

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
My father in law handed down his car to my wife about 4 years ago, and its time to sell it and get something newer. Went to Carmax, got offered $18K even. Hit up Carvana, got $19,774. Easy choice. If you're looking to sell an old car, or trade it in on a new one, Carvana was insanely easy. 5 minutes on their website, 10 more minutes to upload some docs and photos, then set an appointment for them to come pick it up.... Came out today, started the car up, took the signed papers, the money was in my bank account within 10 minutes. I'll never trade another car into the dealer or sell in private, Carvana is just too good.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
My father in law handed down his car to my wife about 4 years ago, and its time to sell it and get something newer. Went to Carmax, got offered $18K even. Hit up Carvana, got $19,774. Easy choice. If you're looking to sell an old car, or trade it in on a new one, Carvana was insanely easy. 5 minutes on their website, 10 more minutes to upload some docs and photos, then set an appointment for them to come pick it up.... Came out today, started the car up, took the signed papers, the money was in my bank account within 10 minutes. I'll never trade another car into the dealer or sell in private, Carvana is just too good.

This is good to hear. I bought my last car at Carmax and was not really happy with how it went.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Condolences to the coolest person I’ve ever seen in a Caps jersey that wasn’t a player, I assume the guy was a fan as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad