OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 2 - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just came to note the passing of a hero. I knew him. He was the sweetest man in the music business.

charliedaniels.jpg

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I am going to need the new Ford Bronco

My wife keeps pressing me to get a Jeep -- I used to have one pre-kids and she thinks it'd be fun to have as the non-primary family car -- but I am definitely going to look into the Bronco as well. Looks great, though it does seem to be a few thousand dollars more than the equivalent Jeep model and trim.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
My wife keeps pressing me to get a Jeep -- I used to have one pre-kids and she thinks it'd be fun to have as the non-primary family car -- but I am definitely going to look into the Bronco as well. Looks great, though it does seem to be a few thousand dollars more than the equivalent Jeep model and trim.

I am going to wait on actual pricing and how well they sell. Ford builds a huge amount of profit into their trucks and the end of the season discounts can be very big. The Jeep Gladiator Rubican trim is about $500 less than a Ford Raptor and there is no comparison between the two.

The Jeep Wrangler Sport S in two doors starts at $36k. Thats pretty close to base of the Jeep. The Bronco base is $29.9k. Again i will wait and see what the actual selling prices are. I am thinking the end of the 2021 model year would allow me enough to time to pay off the Porsche and be able to keep it AND get the Bronco. The only casualty would be the Audi.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I am going to wait on actual pricing and how well they sell. Ford builds a huge amount of profit into their trucks and the end of the season discounts can be very big. The Jeep Gladiator Rubican trim is about $500 less than a Ford Raptor and there is no comparison between the two.

The Jeep Wrangler Sport S in two doors starts at $36k. Thats pretty close to base of the Jeep. The Bronco base is $29.9k. Again i will wait and see what the actual selling prices are. I am thinking the end of the 2021 model year would allow me enough to time to pay off the Porsche and be able to keep it AND get the Bronco. The only casualty would be the Audi.

This article seems to have a pretty comprehensive comparison on pricing, if you're interested. I have zero dollars in car payments right now so I will have to be convinced to buy something, and I've never bought a new car, so realistically I probably won't get one for a few years until some used models are available.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This article seems to have a pretty comprehensive comparison on pricing, if you're interested. I have zero dollars in car payments right now so I will have to be convinced to buy something, and I've never bought a new car, so realistically I probably won't get one for a few years until some used models are available.

I dont tend to buy new cars either. When I raced I tried to keep my dually pretty close to new, but my last new car was a 2001 Honda S2000. The key for me is how much of my purchase money comes back on resale. I like German cars and they depreciate like a MoFo for several years. Once they stop the steep drop they tend to hold their value. So i can buy something and drive it for two years and get my money back.

The question on the Bronco is going to how high the demand is compared to production numbers. If they make more than enough it will be like a normal car and I might be willing to buy a discounted late model year truck. If they dont make enough, they wont depreciate at all for a couple years, if you can get one.

We will see

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I am a Ford guy but the last Ford I bought new was a POS. When I was car shopping back in March for my wife we looked at a Explorer. I wasn’t impressed with the quality and it drove like crap. The new Broncos look cool but if it’s built like the new Explorers are no thanks. I’d rather save my money and buy a first generation Bronco.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

I had to do some serious finance planning/re-org on preparation to handle a car payment after going about 8 years without one. I'm a little more than half-way paying off my 2018 ss camaro. Not sure what I will do but do plan on selling it at it highest value then. Maybe that new STI if I want to go modest. But also though I might consider going big once in my life for something like a camaro zl1-1le or that tesla cybertruck, heh.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
As much as I like the subie awd it would be really hard to go back to a turbo boxer engine. One thing is just how low maintenance a NA small block v8 is compared to a turbo 4cyl.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Nope. This is how Earth will look in 1 million years.

1f0M.gif

Heh. The upcoming great human die off due to climate change probably more likely, sigh.

Always loved the plate tectonics stuff so cool video. Almost added geology as a second degree but I was pretty over college at that point.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
You can sign up for $5 off a $10+ purchase at a small business (10 uses) on your American Express on their website, very low COVID risk for carry out, I just got my Eggs Benedict for $6, support your local restaurants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad