OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 2 - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Got free athletic for a year from T Mobile but had been using a 3 month trial before. Good reporting by Tarik and very detailed.

Can't really say the same about Deadspin which I always found to be immature. Not a big fan of that "Why your team sucks" guy.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The article I was reading (it was on CNN I believe) said the ammonium nitrate was seized from a ship in 2013 or 2014. It has just been sitting there in a warehouse for that long apparently

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
That's insanity. They're claiming only 70 people died which, while tragic, would be a miracle based on that blast in such a dense area. Scary stuff.

Begs the question of why were they storing such a huge amount of explosive material in a dense, urban area for so long? I'm not implying anything nefarious happened but that seems like a really shitty decision.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
That's insanity. They're claiming only 70 people died which, while tragic, would be a miracle based on that blast in such a dense area. Scary stuff.

Begs the question of why were they storing such a huge amount of explosive material in a dense, urban area for so long? I'm not implying anything nefarious happened but that seems like a really shitty decision.

I read where some local officials had complained about the situation of storing the material there, and nothing was done about it. Ultimately a thorough investigation will likely turn up a whole lot of negligent indifference.

As for the toll at ~70 people, looking at the photos of the crater this morning, my guess is that anyone on that peninsula when the explosion happened will never be found, so in the end there may be a hundred people simply declared missing. The inlet/crater at the bottom left was ground zero. There were three buildings behind the one standing in the middle which are now entirely gone.

200805_atm_roy_pic_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

beirut-explosion-damage-promo-1596586440536-superJumbo-v2.jpg

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Death toll up to 135, a lot of the dead are firefighters, with 300k homeless. Report is half the city is damaged.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
WTF has happened to Jordan Spieth the last 3 years? Won 3 times and runner up 3 times in 2017 and hasn't sniffed anything since. Currently 102nd at the PGA.

Lost the edge?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
WTF has happened to Jordan Spieth the last 3 years? Won 3 times and runner up 3 times in 2017 and hasn't sniffed anything since. Currently 102nd at the PGA.

Lost the edge?

sad to watch....Brendan Todd however has been a joy to watch this year.

as long as Koepka doesn’t win....

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Koepka is probably the best player since Tiger. There aren't any holes in his game like there are with Rory or like there were with Spieth. Very compelling to watch him play.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Koepka is probably the best player since Tiger. There aren't any holes in his game like there are with Rory or like there were with Spieth. Very compelling to watch him play.

meh way too early to be calling that.

His oafish frat boy demeanor puts me off.

Spieth battling....

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
meh way too early to be calling that.

His oafish frat boy demeanor puts me off.

Spieth battling....

Koepka is relatively benign so far but you can tell there's a definite bro vibe that's masking some dirt. His attacks on golf channel commentators who say anything bad about him are extremely thin-skinned and mean-spirited. Something is brewing there.

I still think his buddy Dustin is potentially the best player in the field any given week if he gets his head out of his ass.

Thomas now has what Spieth had 3 years ago. Rose is always a major threat, imo.

Waiting for Finau to put it all together. Always root for him.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Lost the edge?

Spieth hasn't looked the same to me since the epic Meltdown at the Masters in 2016. He looks like he has the golfer's version of the yips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad