OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 2 - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I never thought to check if previous seasons are available on NHL.TV. They are, so I'm going to re-watch the Cup run. I don't have cable, so I missed it on NBCSN.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Poorer people commit crime at a higher rate than more affluent people. Do you disagree?

A higher percentage of black people are poor compared to white people. Do you disagree?

Thus a higher percentage of black people commit crimes. NOT because they are black but because they are poor.

Police go where the crime is, and rightly so IMO, which in general is the poorer areas of town.

So if you want to ignore obvious non race based reasons for those numbers and decide it is 100% about race then I’m not sure where to go with this. Realistically it is probably somewhere in the middle. I’ll concede that. I don’t have much confidence you would though.

I don’t think those numbers show as clearly what you think they do.

You are using strict poverty numbers, which is not in anyway what I’m saying, just run of the mill poor. But even by using your number that accounts for a 2x difference between black and white killed by cops number and more than all of of unarmed one. Any chance if change it to just poor it accounts for the full 3x number? I think it would.
Got on for the first time in 3 months just to see what @Ajax1995 had been posting, it was exactly what I expected

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
As an avid golfer Bryson DeChambeau fascinates me. Impressive stuff.

I remember golf.

Bryson is interesting because he's managed to do what I tried to do a little over 20 years ago when I was breaking into golf, via the scientific approach. I also crafted a set of same-length clubs in 2002 or 2003 but at the time lacked access to a Mitchell machine to alter the lie and loft, so I gave up on it.

You can tell he's a disciple of both Hogan and Moe Norman. And he's clearly firmly in Tiger's camp. But I wonder why his bulking up isn't met with the same "STEROIDS!!" cries that Tiger faced. Hmmm...

A player who interests me even more is Matthew Wolff. Here is clearly a homemade swing like mine, that crosses the line like mine at the top, and has a really clever and idiosyncratic forward press (which I'm not about to try). I haven't watched this video yet but I assume it covers those things.

I'll take guys like this over the 1,000 cookie cutter pros trying to be Adam Scott.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I do love a guy like Wolff who doesn’t seem as fine tuned, but I’d take Adam Scott’s swing in a heartbeat lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->