General Hawks Talk While Hockey is MIA

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
This is interesting, based off of pNHLe
Bader.png

This gives Dach only a 9% chance of becoming a consistent 60 pt forward.....not good.

What season is this from?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It doesn't make sense, but I was under the impression that this model was pretty reliable.

That data includes this season.
It's not. NHLe is like baby's first stat when it comes to looking at prospects. It's too shallow. It relies solely on production and conversion metrics.

For example someone like Ryan Merkley would look exceptional using that metric. But as we know he's an uncoachable mess that wouldn't play defense even with a gun to his head.

Puljujarvi probably would have looked good under NHLe as well, but it doesn't take into account his brain dead hockey IQ.

It's just not very helpful.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
2015 had four NHL defenseman. The 2010 team was absolutely loaded at forward but the defense and goal tending wasn’t the best. The 2013 team was the most complete, and was first place wire to wire. Boston was the only cup final I had doubts about whether or not the Hawks were the better team.

2013 and it’s not much of a question to me.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
2015 had four NHL defenseman. The 2010 team was absolutely loaded at forward but the defense and goal tending wasn’t the best. The 2013 team was the most complete, and was first place wire to wire. Boston was the only cup final I had doubts about whether or not the Hawks were the better team.

2013 and it’s not much of a question to me.
2015 had 3 and half defensemen. Oduya was being held together by paper clips and string by the end of that run, which makes it even more impressive he played as well as he did.

Reactions: Pez68

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
He’s gonna be a natural in front of the camera imo. Excited to have him on the broadcasts if that’s the case

Only thing I can see him needing to fine tune would be him not going too in depth on certain things.

Shouldn’t be an issue for him to figure out with experience.

Reactions: bwana63

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Hate that the Blackhawks PR staff decided to censor this (when the Bruins didn't do that). It takes away the authenticity of it to me, but here ya go.

Reactions: LavalPhantom

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Only thing I can see him needing to fine tune would be him not going too in depth on certain things.

Shouldn’t be an issue for him to figure out with experience.

Yeah, I think Versteeg is going to be a great analyst (better analyst than player, and he was pretty good). The only thing that'll stop him is himself.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Would the Hawks ever consider giving Scott Darling another chance in the organization? Always liked the guy. His numbers in Chicago were excellent, with Carolina he completely fell apart. I just wonder if a return home to Chicago would revitalize the guy. What's to lose? The goaltending situation after this season is really hazy.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Would the Hawks ever consider giving Scott Darling another chance in the organization? Always liked the guy. His numbers in Chicago were excellent, with Carolina he completely fell apart. I just wonder if a return home to Chicago would revitalize the guy. What's to lose? The goaltending situation after this season is really hazy.

All depends if they have a spot for him and he is not taking a prospects spot.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Hate that the Blackhawks PR staff decided to censor this (when the Bruins didn't do that). It takes away the authenticity of it to me, but here ya go.

Wasn't it produced by NBC Chicago? If they're using it on their platforms it has to be relatively family friendly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->