Providence Bruins General Discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Training is what they do to dogs (not sure if you are a dog lover/owner)

What they do to hockey players is develop them.
Yes I do, I have a border terrier with a full LOF pedigree.

So when training camp opens its just for dogs...
I swear i saw those dogs skate on their back legs and holding a hockey stick like pros.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
They start training Senyshyn 2 way game since he couldn't make it on skills alone. His skills, speed and shooter/scorer.
His offensive contributions are nowhere to be found.

Soo they developed his 2 way game in order for him to take advantage if and when the opportunity arises... paraphrasing Langenbrunner words here.
Sweeney pretty much said the same thing. When and if the opportunity shows up, they need to take advantage of it.

In other words... Senyshyn needs to show what he can do with what he has. The skills that he had in junior are not enough for him to play in the NHL. Besides the speed and size.

Soo... they had to Trained him to play a 2 way game in the Hope's that everything would fall into place.

It hasn't.

He's been playing bottom 6 and PK, how is he going to put it all together when he's playing with career AHL players and grinders.

Let the kid shoot, let him fly down the ice. Marchand wasn't drafted to be the player he is today and look at him now. Not saying he'll be as good or better than Marchand, but he's not going to do that in the bottom 6 in the minors. Either give him the ice he needs to show his strengths or a call up to learn from the pros.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yes I do, I have a border terrier with a full LOF pedigree.

So when training camp opens its just for dogs...
I swear i saw those dogs skate on their back legs and holding a hockey stick like pros.
Back in the day thats what training camp was. To train and condition. Now adays players train all summer long and the purpose of training camp is not centered around training.

You dont train young players you develop them. Hence why we see young players at "development" camp.

Reactions: Spooner st

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
In Conclusion... maybe before we start going the Jared Knight way. We should stop blaming everyone around Senyshyn.
And look at what he is as a player, and stop pretending the problem is with who he plays with and why the coaching staff don't play him on top line.
He is going to be a faster, scrappier Hienen. He isn't a goal scorer but if he learns to play a 200 foot game as it appears he is doing, with his speed and size, he will make a nice career for himself as a bottom 6 winger.

Reactions: bbfan419

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He's been playing bottom 6 and PK, how is he going to put it all together when he's playing with career AHL players and grinders.

Let the kid shoot, let him fly down the ice. Marchand wasn't drafted to be the player he is today and look at him now. Not saying he'll be as good or better than Marchand, but he's not going to do that in the bottom 6 in the minors. Either give him the ice he needs to show his strengths or a call up to learn from the pros.
Marchand, except for the first year in junior was always over a PPG. And played in his last 2 years in junior for Team Canada U-20. Almost a PPG in Providence. Not much in NHL,first 20G played in 4th line, than showed what he could do. And took advantage to the opportunities.

Senyshyn hasn't show much yet. Let him prove himself with the opportunities given.
This year might be his last chance in Bruins organization.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He is going to be a faster, scrappier Hienen. He isn't a goal scorer but if he learns to play a 200 foot game as it appears he is doing, with his speed and size, he will make a nice career for himself as a bottom 6 winger.
Your hate for Heinen is clouding your judgment.
Everyone would wish for Senyshyn to have Heinen's smarts, hockey sense and vision. Specially the organization.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
That used to be quite normal and maybe for many players is still should be. The cap forces the issue somewhat, but 15 years ago this was the way it was done. The Bruins (and probably a number of other teams) can afford to take the longer development path with some guys and hopefully will be rewarded. If not with Senyshyn, then certainly other players.

Players these days are better than ever at younger ages. Faster, more skilled, better developed. The expectation, especially forwards, I have to imagine is faster development.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Players these days are better than ever at younger ages. Faster, more skilled, better developed. The expectation, especially forwards, I have to imagine is faster development.

Some no doubt are, and probably some a generation ago could have played sooner than they did. Maybe the development is faster and maybe that is the necessity of the cap. Teams have to have those ELC guys in order to pay their top players. That said, every player is different, and I feel sure that some have been rushed and ruined. Let's hope Senyshyn is the longer development guy that breaks out soon. He might not be though. I am holding out hope.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Your hate for Heinen is clouding your judgment.
Everyone would wish for Senyshyn to have Heinen's smarts, hockey sense and vision. Specially the organization.
Is Heinen a goal scorer or point producer? He is a good defensive player who doesnt produce points, from what I have seen of Senyshyn last season and this, limited last year, every game this year, is he may become a good defensive wing with great speed and good size, neither he nor Heinen seems likely to ever score more than 15 goals in an NHL season. That was my comparison to Heinen.

I do question Senyshyn's hockey sense which may be the big difference between the two and what gives Senyshyn a 500+ game NHL.career or be a tweener. Heinen's hockey sense for posistioning and reading the play is much higher right now.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Highly doubt that, they will be able to resign him for cheap and he still holds value, would be very surprised if they just dropped him
We have lots of really good prospects, at some point specially after the ELC, prospects need to show improvement and the ability to grow and develop.
Unfortunately Senyshyn hasn't show much from what he was to what he is.
We have lots of bottom 6 skilled prospects with the ability to grow their game to the next level.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Is Heinen a goal scorer or point producer? He is a good defensive player who doesnt produce points, from what I have seen of Senyshyn last season and this, limited last year, every game this year, is he may become a good defensive wing with great speed and good size, neither he nor Heinen seems likely to ever score more than 15 goals in an NHL season. That was my comparison to Heinen.

I do question Senyshyn's hockey sense which may be the big difference between the two and what gives Senyshyn a 500+ game NHL.career or be a tweener. Heinen's hockey sense for posistioning and reading the play is much higher right now.
Speed and size won't do you any good unless you have the ability to score and produce points.

Or... you also have the hockey sense, which Senyshyn lacks.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
We have lots of really good prospects, at some point specially after the ELC, prospects need to show improvement and the ability to grow and develop.
Unfortunately Senyshyn hasn't show much from what he was to what he is.
We have lots of bottom 6 skilled prospects with the ability to grow their game to the next level.
I've been saying for almost a year it's time to cull the prospect heard by 4 or 5 but Senyshyn won't be one of them,they've put in too much time and effort to let him walk especially to my skeptical eyes he's turned the corner.
Same for Zboril, 3 days into camp I wanted him gone but here he is 4 games in the best Providence defenseman so far and that includes his egregious giveaways in game 2

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Please take what I say as a Bruins fan who has not seen ZS in Providence as I haven`t. I understand the B`s seem to be focused on getting ZS to play a 200 ft game but am I the only one who would like to hear/read and for you fans who get to, see him play in the top 6 for a decent amount of time in Providence to see what he can do lining up next to the PB`s stronger players?

I watched him in his 2 game call up last year and yes, the opposing lineups didn`t have full NHL rosters but with what I was reading here, I was still anticipating him to be almost a train wreck who would appear overwhelmed and that`s not what I saw at all.

BruinsNetwork

Please take what I say as a Bruins fan who has not seen ZS in Providence as I haven`t. I understand the B`s seem to be focused on getting ZS to play a 200 ft game but am I the only one who would like to hear/read and for you fans who get to, see him play in the top 6 for a decent amount of time in Providence to see what he can do lining up next to the PB`s stronger players?

I watched him in his 2 game call up last year and yes, the opposing lineups didn`t have full NHL rosters but with what I was reading here, I was still anticipating him to be almost a train wreck who would appear overwhelmed and that`s not what I saw at all.

I mean, if it were my call he'd be next to Studnicka each night in the top-six with a full-time roll on PP1. His current line mates just aren't playing well and he is. That includes Fitzgerald who's been dreadful and the nights where he's seen time next to Frederic who needs to step up. Shen is intriguing, but he's still inexperienced and cant push the pace like Senyshyn can. Lauko flanking Senyshyn's opposite wing is a good fit, though. That's a lot of speed and potential for odd-man rushes up ice with those two.

Senyshyn's best fit right now would be in Boston next to Coyle at 3RW, IMO. He's got the tools and skills to be just what Boston needs out of a RW in the middle-six. We saw he was completely capable of playing in the show at the end of last year. Obviously there are obstacles in the way of making that happen, but would love to see Senyshyn get more reps in Boston this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad