Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
After 2
Bridgeport 2
Providence 0

Pretty bad period, these 3 in 3 sucks to watch
Boys probably shook up with Cherry getting canned
Zech looks good though
Bridgeport's play by play guy is outstanding, if only...

Reactions: BronxBruin

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Loss
Heavy legs,uninspiring play, beaten to pucks all night
Not a good showcase with all the big cheeses in attendance
2 more losses coming up vs Hartford upcoming this weekend, see you then!

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
My thoughts from today:

-- Pretty painful game to watch...I can probably count on one hand the number of difficult saves Gibson had to make (and 2 of them came on one breakaway by Frederic) -- this against a team who was last in the AHL in G/G and 5th worst in GAA. The 3-in-3 probably didn't help (though Bridgeport was in the same boat so not much of an excuse) but without Bjork (and to a lesser extent Senyshyn & Lauko), the firepower is seriously lacking on this team. On the bright side, I discovered AHLTV has a 2x speed option for the video so I was able to minimize the pain today.
-- I thought Zboril was one of the few bright spots...but he needs some target practice as there were a lot of wide shots by him.
-- Cehlarik was good again.
-- I thought Conway was one of the best forwards...which is as much an indictment of the other, bigger name forwards as it is a compliment to him.
-- Zech made an awful defensive play on the first goal (inexplicably lunged at a puck on a 2-on-2 and got beat) but I generally liked what he brought. He deserves to play more but the blueline is pretty crowded.
-- I don't know if my opinion of anyone has dropped as much as Carey's. I expected him to be a driving force/leader who could be counted on for an occasional call up...but instead he seems like a passenger who only occasionally gives you a small glimpse of what he is capable of. "But he's 13th in AHL in scoring"...he's also 91st in P/G. He needs to step up his game big time before he warrants a call up...I can think of 4 or 5 guys who deserve it over him right now.
-- I can see why Legace hasn't stuck in the NHL...he is wildly inconsistent. One game he will be unbeatable and then the next game he will let in a softy (like the first goal today).
-- I think my question got answered: the PP still stinks without Petrovic (0 for 7 today)
-- On a related note, Lantosi was a mess on the PP today. Sadly, I don't know if they have any better right-handed options at the moment (Studnicka & Steen already play PP).
-- Today's Providence broadcaster highlight: mixing up Lauzon (#15 LHD) for Steen (#29 RW).

BruinsNetwork

My thoughts from today:

-- Pretty painful game to watch...I can probably count on one hand the number of difficult saves Gibson had to make (and 2 of them came on one breakaway by Frederic) -- this against a team who was last in the AHL in G/G and 5th worst in GAA. The 3-in-3 probably didn't help (though Bridgeport was in the same boat so not much of an excuse) but without Bjork (and to a lesser extent Senyshyn & Lauko), the firepower is seriously lacking on this team. On the bright side, I discovered AHLTV has a 2x speed option for the video so I was able to minimize the pain today.
-- I thought Zboril was one of the few bright spots...but he needs some target practice as there were a lot of wide shots by him.
-- Cehlarik was good again.
-- I thought Conway was one of the best forwards...which is as much an indictment of the other, bigger name forwards as it is a compliment to him.
-- Zech made an awful defensive play on the first goal (inexplicably lunged at a puck on a 2-on-2 and got beat) but I generally liked what he brought. He deserves to play more but the blueline is pretty crowded.
-- I don't know if my opinion of anyone has dropped as much as Carey's. I expected him to be a driving force/leader who could be counted on for an occasional call up...but instead he seems like a passenger who only occasionally gives you a small glimpse of what he is capable of. "But he's 13th in AHL in scoring"...he's also 91st in P/G. He needs to step up his game big time before he warrants a call up...I can think of 4 or 5 guys who deserve it over him right now.
-- I can see why Legace hasn't stuck in the NHL...he is wildly inconsistent. One game he will be unbeatable and then the next game he will let in a softy (like the first goal today).
-- I think my question got answered: the PP still stinks without Petrovic (0 for 7 today)
-- On a related note, Lantosi was a mess on the PP today. Sadly, I don't know if they have any better right-handed options at the moment (Studnicka & Steen already play PP).
-- Today's Providence broadcaster highlight: mixing up Lauzon (#15 LHD) for Steen (#29 RW).

Agreed on Paul Carey, which is unfortunate. He’s not like Szwarz who was “heart and soul” every single shift to pick up the team when needed. I’ve been kind of disappointed with him this season, to be honest.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Yeah, the past couple of games have put me to sleep.

I agree that Carey, despite scoring his share of goals, seems to have lost a step from last year.

I'm sure things will get better but it seems as though this team has trouble with the basics, like getting the puck out of their own zone (with the exception of a guy like Zech, who can skate it out).

Frederick is still working his butt off -- and stirring things up when he can -- but his lack of skill is obvious. He's more of a grinder, which is fine, but not ideal for a 1st rounder.

Last edited:

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Frederick is still working his butt off -- and stirring things up when he can -- but his lack of skill is obvious. He's more of a grinder, which is fine, but not ideal for a 1st rounder.

He was one of those high floor / low ceiling guys. Keith Gretzky pretty much said as much. Picked at the end of the round. I am fine with that.

Anyone know what set him off for that last fight where he got an instigator? Must have been something earlier in the game because the guy barely hit him right before the fight.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
So it seems that Beecher has a chance to be more of a top-two center than Frederic (more speed, skills, offense). Where would Studnicka fit in? I know it's hard to project. All three could end up as NHL regulars someday, which is certainly not a bad thing.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So it seems that Beecher has a chance to be more of a top-two center than Frederic (more speed, skills, offense). Where would Studnicka fit in? I know it's hard to project. All three could end up as NHL regulars someday, which is certainly not a bad thing.

I see ppl say 2nd-3rd line about studnicka but I can’t say I watch him enough to make that determination myself (I’m also not anywhere near expert enough to make that determination even if I did watch him a lot anyway lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->