Providence Bruins General Discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

Since you asked...I pretty much agree with what everyone else had to say:

-- Pretty sloppy game for the P-Bruins. I am starting to sound like a broken record but the PP looks clueless (even with the Cehlarik goal). Bjork seems like the only one moving around looking to make plays...everyone else is standing still, slapping the puck around until they turn it over or take a low percentage shot. This team needs more playmakers.
-- Bjork continues to shine.
-- Zboril had a really solid weekend in all 3 zones.
-- Unfortunately can't say the same about Urho. He took two penalties yesterday and had a couple lapses.

-- Petrovic had been solid defensively in the first three games but not so much yesterday -- including a bad pass on the PP that led to a SHG. Hopefully it was just a bad day for him.
-- Cehlarik was up and down. He had a nice shot on the goal and had one or two other good chances but also made some sloppy plays. Hopefully he knocked off the rust.
-- Carey was pretty bad once again. He's supposed to be their veteran star who racks up points and helps them win...aside from the first game, that hasn't been the case. This team is going to struggle if he doesn't step it up.
-- Senyshyn was OK
. He drew two penalties and had a couple decent shots -- not to mention dropping the gloves. I wish the AHL shared TOI because I'd be really curious to see his. He tends to get a regular PK shift but it doesn't seem like he gets much at ES and minimal PP time. No, he hasn't been dominating but he also hasn't been bad enough to warrant being stuck on the 4th line at times (though Leach does seem to mix things up during games quite a bit so he has gotten some shifts in the top 6 as well but definitely not regularly).
-- Steen had more energy than Saturday but not much to show for it.
-- Frederic & Studnicka continue to underwhelm me so far. It seems like plays often die when the puck is on their stick...I'd like to see fewer turnovers from them.

Zboril has been really good this season, would love to see him get some reps in the NHL season.

Urho has not been good to start the season and we need to see more from him. I think the concussion and other nagging injuries took a toll on him last year, so I'm not concerned or anything like that. Just need to see more from him in terms or poise and decisions.

Agreed. Not only has he been bad, but he just looks like a completely different player than last year so far. Also not worried, but he needs to start bringing it every night for this young team. They all need it.

The curious case of Zach Senyshyn. He's done what they've asked of him and his two-way game has dramatically improved. The points haven't been there, but there have been some good chances and plays created by him so far. He's good enough to play in the NHL, as we saw last season, but he isn't getting many looks with those high-end AHL talents yet. I'm sure its part of the plan, but would be nice to see them finally give him some rope. Although I still think he's ready for the NHL and would actually be of service to Boston in some capacity. It's also unfortunate that Senyshyn is playing alongside Fitzgerald who has been treacherous to start the season, IMO. Give him Lauko consistently and you'll have something there.

Think they're just trying to find their way home right now and are fighting it way too much sometimes. Frederic, to me, looks much quicker, agile and athletic this season so far. The problem is he just seems to be gripping his stick way too hard. I do, however ,appreciate the attempted creativity from him that's gotten him into trouble or caused some turnovers. He was creative in college and it's nice to see him feeling confident enough to try some moves again. Glad to see him start physically maturing and getting into NHL-shape, though. Studnicka I think jus needs to settle things down a bit and get back to the game he was playing in the OHL.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Zboril has been really good this season, would love to see him get some reps in the NHL season.

Urho has not been good to start the season and we need to see more from him. I think the concussion and other nagging injuries took a toll on him last year, so I'm not concerned or anything like that. Just need to see more from him in terms or poise and decisions.

Agreed. Not only has he been bad, but he just looks like a completely different player than last year so far. Also not worried, but he needs to start bringing it every night for this young team. They all need it.

The curious case of Zach Senyshyn. He's done what they've asked of him and his two-way game has dramatically improved. The points haven't been there, but there have been some good chances and plays created by him so far. He's good enough to play in the NHL, as we saw last season, but he isn't getting many looks with those high-end AHL talents yet. I'm sure its part of the plan, but would be nice to see them finally give him some rope. Although I still think he's ready for the NHL and would actually be of service to Boston in some capacity. It's also unfortunate that Senyshyn is playing alongside Fitzgerald who has been treacherous to start the season, IMO. Give him Lauko consistently and you'll have something there.

Think they're just trying to find their way home right now and are fighting it way too much sometimes. Frederic, to me, looks much quicker, agile and athletic this season so far. The problem is he just seems to be gripping his stick way too hard. I do, however ,appreciate the attempted creativity from him that's gotten him into trouble or caused some turnovers. He was creative in college and it's nice to see him feeling confident enough to try some moves again. Glad to see him start physically maturing and getting into NHL-shape, though. Studnicka I think jus needs to settle things down a bit and get back to the game he was playing in the OHL.

Lauko - Studnicka - Senyshyn would be a hell of a line to watch.

Have to wonder what Senyshyn has to do in order to get a look with some skilled guys or even a call up to the 3rd line with Heinen/Coyle. Kids changed his game and sounds like he's done everything the Bruins have asked him to do. Again, I get mixed signals because you hear the team make a comment like "Bjork was drafted to be a scorer and needs to show that" (paraphrasing). Then you look at a kid like Senyshyn who was drafted as a scorer and they want him to be a 200ft player and they don't want him to focus on goal scoring.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419 and Skelen

BruinsNetwork

Lauko - Studnicka - Senyshyn would be a hell of a line to watch.

Have to wonder what Senyshyn has to do in order to get a look with some skilled guys or even a call up to the 3rd line with Heinen/Coyle. Kids changed his game and sounds like he's done everything the Bruins have asked him to do. Again, I get mixed signals because you hear the team make a comment like "Bjork was drafted to be a scorer and needs to show that (paraphrasing). Then you look a kid like Senyshyn who was drafted as a scorer and they want him to be a 200ft player and they don't want him to focus on goal scoring.

Senyshyn has been playing well regardless, which is encouraging. We need to see some production from him soon though. They gave him a shot in the NHL at the end of last year and he honestly looked like he belongs. Honest question, who do we think would look better next to Heinen and Coyle, of the three, Ritchie, Backes or Senyshyn?

Reactions: Saxon Eric

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Senyshyn has been playing well regardless, which is encouraging. We need to see some production from him soon though. They gave him a shot in the NHL at the end of last year and he honestly looked like he belongs. Honest question, who do we think would look better next to Heinen and Coyle, of the three, Ritchie, Backes or Senyshyn?
rhymes with fenyshyn

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

I've stated that a third line of Heinen-Coyle-Senyshyn would be great. Senyshyn can be the designated shooter/scorer on that line. Have Bjork as the #1 or #2 RW. Ideally, Backes and Ritchie are out of the lineup.

Reactions: bbfan419

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Given the choice, Senyshyn fits that line the best and that's why its infuriating watching Sweeney/Cassidy screw around with guys like Ritchie/Backes. I mean at worst Senyshyn (or Bjork) can give you what those two are right now. If they let me build the line-up for a game, my top 9...

Marchand - Bergeron - Senyshyn
DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Heinen - Coyle - Bjork

I know Seny on #1 will make some confused, but again 200ft player. He should see better looks playing with 37/63 and can hopefully build some quick confidence in his scoring. If he's playing well and you want to move him to #3RW and have Bjork play #1RW or move Pasta back up you can. With the versatility of Heinen/Bjork, you can make so many line combinations its nuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419 and Estlin

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
There's a reason why Senyshyn was trained to be a defensive/forechecking forward playing in PK, mostly in bottom 12.

Edit; bottom 6.

Last edited:

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Given the choice, Senyshyn fits that line the best and that's why its infuriating watching Sweeney/Cassidy screw around with guys like Ritchie/Backes. I mean at worst Senyshyn (or Bjork) can give you what those two are right now. If they let me build the line-up for a game, my top 9...

Marchand - Bergeron - Senyshyn
DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Heinen - Coyle - Bjork

I know Seny on #1 will make some confused, but again 200ft player. He should see better looks playing with 37/63 and can hopefully build some quick confidence in his scoring. If he's playing well and you want to move him to #3RW and have Bjork play #1RW or move Pasta back up you can. With the versatility of Heinen/Bjork, you can make so many line combinations its nuts.

Those guys really should form the top nine (regardless of the RW configuration) this season.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yes your right that was Zach as well. Hard to believe he'll be turning 23 this march and has only had a cup of coffee at the NHL level.

That used to be quite normal and maybe for many players is still should be. The cap forces the issue somewhat, but 15 years ago this was the way it was done. The Bruins (and probably a number of other teams) can afford to take the longer development path with some guys and hopefully will be rewarded. If not with Senyshyn, then certainly other players.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
@BruinsNetwork has gone over it numerous times.

They start training Senyshyn 2 way game since he couldn't make it on skills alone. His skills, speed and shooter/scorer.
His offensive contributions are nowhere to be found.

Soo they developed his 2 way game in order for him to take advantage if and when the opportunity arises... paraphrasing Langenbrunner words here.
Sweeney pretty much said the same thing. When and if the opportunity shows up, they need to take advantage of it.

In other words... Senyshyn needs to show what he can do with what he has. The skills that he had in junior are not enough for him to play in the NHL. Besides the speed and size.

Soo... they had to Trained him to play a 2 way game in the Hope's that everything would fall into place.

It hasn't.

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
They start training Senyshyn 2 way game since he couldn't make it on skills alone. His skills, speed and shooter/scorer.
His offensive contributions are nowhere to be found.

Soo they developed his 2 way game in order for him to take advantage if and when the opportunity arises... paraphrasing Langenbrunner words here.
Sweeney pretty much said the same thing. When and if the opportunity shows up, they need to take advantage of it.

In other words... Senyshyn needs to show what he can do with what he has. The skills that he had in junior are not enough for him to play in the NHL. Besides the speed and size.

Soo... they had to Trained him to play a 2 way game in the Hope's that everything would fall into place.

It hasn't.

Training is what they do to dogs (not sure if you are a dog lover/owner)

What they do to hockey players is develop them.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
you would think that bruins brass would have to step in at some point and tell leach to play senyshn .. it just seems like hes done everything they have asked with little reward.. that must be mentally exhausting for him..
Do you think Leach was talking to him at camp and instructed him, "Whatever you do, Zach, just don't score any goals for us."

member 96824

I can’t imagine the B’s were looking for “played alright, drew a couple penalties” out of the gate.

thankfully Bjork is stepping up and owning his moment.

Reactions: bbfan419

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Game 5 tomorrow night in Laval,for those new to AHLTV yes it's in french but its miles better than what they thru in our faces this past weekend

The season is a marathon not a sprint and yes very happy with Zboril's and Senyshys's game thus far

I remember watching the PBruins game last season in Laval. It was in HD, looked that way anyways. Glad you brought that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad