Providence Bruins General Discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I mean, if it were my call he'd be next to Studnicka each night in the top-six with a full-time roll on PP1. His current line mates just aren't playing well and he is. That includes Fitzgerald who's been dreadful and the nights where he's seen time next to Frederic who needs to step up. Shen is intriguing, but he's still inexperienced and cant push the pace like Senyshyn can. Lauko flanking Senyshyn's opposite wing is a good fit, though. That's a lot of speed and potential for odd-man rushes up ice with those two.

Senyshyn's best fit right now would be in Boston next to Coyle at 3RW, IMO. He's got the tools and skills to be just what Boston needs out of a RW in the middle-six. We saw he was completely capable of playing in the show at the end of last year. Obviously there are obstacles in the way of making that happen, but would love to see Senyshyn get more reps in Boston this year.

always appreciate your coverage and thoughts here, agreed about Seny, there are just some players who may not catch your eye at the AHL level who excel when playing alongside of the best in the world, not every player can do it but while it was an exceptionally small sample size, it`s still the NHL and I noticed a kid playing assertive and not afraid to use his skill. If he were to get a call up and it shows he still has work to do so be it but I`m tired of watching the B`s trying to force feed a lineup with Backes and Ritchie (who I actually don`t mind) when they have kids like Bjork and possibly Seny who might be the jolt the NHL team needs because once again, this team goes only as far as the 1st line and that`s a recipe for potential issues

Reactions: Dr Hook

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I've been saying for almost a year it's time to cull the prospect heard by 4 or 5 but Senyshyn won't be one of them,they've put in too much time and effort to let him walk especially to my skeptical eyes he's turned the corner.
Same for Zboril, 3 days into camp I wanted him gone but here he is 4 games in the best Providence defenseman so far and that includes his egregious giveaways in game 2
I know you have been in and out with Senyshyn.
I would like for the kid to make it... but I don't see it.
People claiming he should be in the NHL ... come on!!!
He hasn't secured a spot in the top 6 in Providence.
The coaching staff certainly knows more than we do. There's a reason for how he's being handled that way.
From scorer to grinder, Bruins draft 15th overall a speedy xtra large grinder. That must be valuable :sarcasm:
That must be the "Plan" all along.

Zboril's a defenceman they do take longer to develop.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Tonight's game is on RDS 2, in HD, and in French.

upload_2019-10-16_14-4-10.png

Reactions: Spooner st

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Zboril's a defenceman they do take longer to develop.
I'm about as far as you'll get from a Senyshyn evangelizer, but they also say the same thing about the development of big forwards, especially potential power forward wingers.

Never been sure if that truism was coined before or after the Neely trade.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm about as far as you'll get from a Senyshyn evangelizer, but they also say the same thing about the development of big forwards, especially potential power forward wingers.

I think that is right- at least for guys without the prodigious talent of, say, Eric Lindros. Along with Neely, Keith Primeau comes to mind (I know, a center), Mike Knuble was one for sure, John LeClair, Wayne Simmonds etc. I think it's a pretty long list and there is something to it.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Never heard of it. Late bloomers sure, nothing related to size per se.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I think that is right- at least for guys without the prodigious talent of, say, Eric Lindros. Along with Neely, Keith Primeau comes to mind (I know, a center), Mike Knuble was one for sure, John LeClair, Wayne Simmonds etc. I think it's a pretty long list and there is something to it.
Leclair out of Vermont and Simmons out of OHL. played in the NHL regularly at 21.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

The problem with saying this though is that senyshyn isn’t a big forward in the way those guys are. He’s 6-1 200. He’s closer to Bergeron or seguins size than he is leclair or knuble. Those guys were like 6-4 240

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Leclair out of Vermont and Simmons out of OHL. played in the NHL regularly at 21.

This is the nitpickiest bunch I've ever been around :laugh:. We were talking about development. If you put Seny in an NHL lineup at 21, last year or so, he could have put up early Simmonds or Le Clair numbers. They weren't what they became at that age.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The problem with saying this though is that senyshyn isn’t a big forward in the way those guys are. He’s 6-1 200. He’s closer to Bergeron or seguins size than he is leclair or knuble. Those guys were like 6-4 240

Some of those dudes were huge for sure, but not all of them, and it is more about style than size a la Wayne Simmonds. If the idea that Seny at his size should play the power forward role as that is what they see him suited as, it could be a longer development curve. Or not, let's just stop hoping he will turn into anything and call him a bust and move on.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Some of those dudes were huge for sure, but not all of them, and it is more about style than size a la Wayne Simmonds. If the idea that Seny at his size should play the power forward role as that is what they see him suited as, it could be a longer development curve. Or not, let's just stop hoping he will turn into anything and call him a bust and move on.
Yeah, exactly. JVR power forward, not Neely/Shannahan.

And JVR was one of those that took a good while to develop.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Yeah, exactly. JVR power forward, not Neely/Shannahan.

And JVR was one of those that took a good while to develop.

Jvr was a full time nhl player by 20 or 21. And based on the ahl games I’ve seen senyshyn play, he doesn’t play like a power forward at all. He plays more like Michael grabner than jvr. He doesn’t skate with power and he doesn’t seem particularly strong on the puck. Also he doesn’t even seem fast to me. For all the love he was getting about his skating ability personally I have seen more burst from studnicka, lauko, and steen. His stride looks odd

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
1-0 Habs
Zboril out positioned
Cehlarik boarded and was down
Breen and McCaron fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad