Providence Bruins General Discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Let me give you some perspective here.
I wasn't around much least couple of years. Just lurking here and there. Also never commented on Senyshyn's since draft year until late last season. When the hype was still in full force for the super fans. Some questioned the draft, others the player. I wasn't aware of much of that since I always give time to prospects to develop. Or time for a newly player that was traded to adjust.

I started to pay more attention, the criticism grow. I started to comment and ask questions that turn into arguments by the well oil excuse machine that was "The Senyshyn super fans".

I started researching and reading the threads and posts about Senyshyn's since he started to play in Providence. It was quite eye-opening and enlightening to see it all developed into a sophisticated excuse making defending Senyshyn. Everything had a reason, an explanation, a purpose, a plan, he was not in the bottom 6 because he was playing poorly... no he was there by design... I kid you not. Blaming everyone around him, but Senyshyn himself. Hence the binky.

Don't get me wrong here, i really want Senyshyn to make it and play for the Bruins. Everyone would win. Senyshyn himself, the organization and us, the fans.

and just because we are parinoid doesnt mean that people arent out to get us?

some of those reasons, explanations, purposes, plans were not necessarily a conspiracy

hope you will be able to enjoy with those of us who were supporters, when it all pays off

------------------

and dont get me wrong... there were many players over the years I threw my support behind
only to end up disappointed when they didnt make it for us...

I guess my success ration is less than 50% like anyone else ive ever seen giving their own
opinions on these kids. in truth, betting against a kid is more likely to give you a higher
% of being 'right.'

most kids wont end up being good nhl players.

but whether a kid is impressing people with flashy scoring totals at the ahl really has
almost nothing at all to do with nhl success. the ahl is full of over 90% of your competition
who simply arent good enough to ever be good in the nhl. it wont matter if you can highlight
score in ahl.

guys that bounce between ahl/nhl for a few years and then finish their careers in the mid 20's
are guys that cant play defense well enough to keep a coach happy. guys who arent ELITE
offensive talents will never stick in the nhl until their defense is NHL CALIBER

so... sorry... sorry to all those who want ahl kids to focus all their effort on scoring... thats
not how they will end up with long nhl careers.

the senyshyn story is still being written... but chapter 1 was logically followed by chapter 2
and chapter 3 made perfect sense if you were following the plot.

the action is now getting ready to really get exciting and to me, it looks to be a compelling read

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Heading to my first P-Bruins game this weekend with my 4 year old son. Anyone have any recommendations on parking and maybe some pre-game food places? I imagine this is like the garden and parking is crazy overpriced as well as food, so looking for any suggestions! Thank you in advance

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Heading to my first P-Bruins game this weekend with my 4 year old son. Anyone have any recommendations on parking and maybe some pre-game food places? I imagine this is like the garden and parking is crazy overpriced as well as food, so looking for any suggestions! Thank you in advance
They're both afternoon games, but as they're on a Sunday and on a holiday, there will be no on-street parking restrictions. I always park on the street on Federal Hill (Atwells Ave. and side streets) and walk five minutes across the highway to the Dunk. Haven't paid to park in at least 15 years. My son's six and he's made the walk many times over the last three years, and it's not too bad if you need to carry him part of the way. If your little guy likes Italian food, you're in the right place. I'm a big fan of Angelo's Civita Farnese to bring kids to. The food is simple, excellent and inexpensive. Plus, they've got an electric train hanging from the ceiling.

Have a blast. It's one of our absolute favorite father/son activities.

BruinsNetwork

They're both afternoon games, but as they're on a Sunday and on a holiday, there will be no on-street parking restrictions. I always park on the street on Federal Hill (Atwells Ave. and side streets) and walk five minutes across the highway to the Dunk. Haven't paid to park in at least 15 years. My son's six and he's made the walk many times over the last three years, and it's not too bad if you need to carry him part of the way. If your little guy likes Italian food, you're in the right place. I'm a big fan of Angelo's Civita Farnese to bring kids to. The food is simple, excellent and inexpensive. Plus, they've got an electric train hanging from the ceiling.

Have a blast. It's one of our absolute favorite father/son activities.

Angelo's is great and the family that owns and operates it is even better. I know them quite well and the environment in there is nothing but warm, welcoming and inviting. Definitely a big fan of that since it's not a super fancy environment and they love kids in there. Great food, good prices and big portions.

Aside from Angelo's and the Federal Hill area, there are a lot of other good spots that are walking distance or a short drive. Obviously there are some good Italian joints around, but I actually try and avoid The Hill on most nights. There's a lot of trouble around there these days, honestly. Lot of fights and other nonsense that takes place at the various bars and lounges up there. If you and your son like burgers, go park at the Providence Place Mall and walk on over to Luxe Burger. It's a build-your-own-burger joint with a ton of options and casual environment.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Tonight starts 3 games in 3 days
Will be tough sledding without Bjork, Cehlarik, Senyshyn,Lauko and Gaunce
Looking forward to the Hartford game,apparently they've finally got their shit together there after years of neglect from New York
Expect Lagace tonight and Monday, Keyser Sunday

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Looking forward to the Hartford game,apparently they've finally got their **** together there after years of neglect from New York

Damn. I'll be in Bridgeport tonight. Was hoping to see Keyser. Also didn't know Lauko was out. That's a bummer

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Any update on Gaunce injury? Is he on the road to recovery? Felt terrible for him. He'd probably be playing with Boston now if not for that brutal hit..
Was back on the ice this weekend i suppose it's possible he could be ready since Providence hasn't recalled any forwards this week,they did recall a defenseman mainly because of a visa problem getting into Canada

BruinsNetwork

Looking forward to the Hartford game,apparently they've finally got their **** together there after years of neglect from New York

I'll be in attendance tomorrow.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
Given promotions and injuries, there's only what, 4 forward prospects the Bruins are realistically hoping to develop for the NHL playing for Providence this weekend, right? Frederic, Studnicka, Steen, Hughes? Just like last year with the D, it's crazy how fast that depth gets used.

Production seems down from what we were expecting at the start of the season, but at least the players getting promotions aren't completely out of place at the NHL level. I'm just worried that they seem to be some blunting a little too much off from the offensive side of things.

I don't see them play, so I really can't comment. But I would like to see Frederic and Studnicka especially start to show a little bit more during this stretch, as they are clearly the players that the brass thinks highest of down there at the moment. It's a great time to start making some waves down there as thin as they are, I hope they make the most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad