Providence Bruins General Discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Going to be a very competitive camp despite what the fellowship of the miserable say
sure is and I think I read/heard that this year Cehlarik is waiver eligible so it`s either play well and stick with the B`s or be exposed to waivers and maybe being picked up by another team so it`s on PC now to either play well or pack his bags

He is such a frustrating player to watch

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
sure is and I think I read/heard that this year Cehlarik is waiver eligible so it`s either play well and stick with the B`s or be exposed to waivers and maybe being picked up by another team so it`s on PC now to either play well or pack his bags

He is such a frustrating player to watch

He is, because there is a lot to like about his game when he's on it. And you are right, this is his year to fish or cut bait with the Bruins, starting with camp. I hope it all clicks into place for him because he could be exactly the player we need in the top 6.

Reactions: Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He is, because there is a lot to like about his game when he's on it. And you are right, this is his year to fish or cut bait with the Bruins, starting with camp. I hope it all clicks into place for him because he could be exactly the player we need in the top 6.
It`s weird, Cehlarik seems to get the love from many here far more than I`m willing to give him, players like him just frustrate me, size, skill but just hasn`t seemed to put it together. I pull for all Bruin prospects/players, we all have our favorites, PC is not one of mine but if he were to bust his arse and earn a roster spot then play with some purpose and contribute, I wouldn`t be one bit offended

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It`s weird, Cehlarik seems to get the love from many here far more than I`m willing to give him, players like him just frustrate me, size, skill but just hasn`t seemed to put it together. I pull for all Bruin prospects/players, we all have our favorites, PC is not one of mine but if he were to bust his arse and earn a roster spot then play with some purpose and contribute, I wouldn`t be one bit offended

I think we (those of us who like PC) are definitely intrigued by the components but frustrated that he it hasn't quite clicked. It's the combo that you mention, size, ability to protect the puck, great vision, soft hands that leaves you really wanting more but he seems to damn close to being there :)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think we (those of us who like PC) are definitely intrigued by the components but frustrated that he it hasn't quite clicked. It's the combo that you mention, size, ability to protect the puck, great vision, soft hands that leaves you really wanting more but he seems to damn close to being there :)

yep, sure be nice to see it all come together. He`s hardly unlike many younger players, sometimes it simply takes time. I`m one who leans heavily on giving prospects the time they need and for me, it doesn`t matter what round they were drafted in. There simply isn`t a tried and true blueprint in knowing precisely when and why prospect A`s game clicks at say the 2 year mark where prospect B`s takes 4.

Problem for Cehlarik might be, if another prospect forces the B`s hand with a solid camp and outplays him, things might have to be worked out in another uniform for him

Reactions: Dr Hook

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
yep, sure be nice to see it all come together. He`s hardly unlike many younger players, sometimes it simply takes time. I`m one who leans heavily on giving prospects the time they need and for me, it doesn`t matter what round they were drafted in. There simply isn`t a tried and true blueprint in knowing precisely when and why prospect A`s game clicks at say the 2 year mark where prospect B`s takes 4.

Problem for Cehlarik might be, if another prospect forces the B`s hand with a solid camp and outplays him, things might have to be worked out in another uniform for him
Wasn’t there talk about Cehlarik being a very hard worker too? Just maybe if he works at the right things.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Wasn’t there talk about Cehlarik being a very hard worker too? Just maybe if he works at the right things.

Jay Leach said last season that he was very hard-working: first one at the rink for practices working on his game. I couldn't find the article in a quick look, but Mark Divver tweeted it out at one point.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Not to rag on the kid cause I really hope he can establish himself this year. But PCs last call up left me feeling as though he has a tough time keeping up with the speed at the NHL level.

That's something I question more so than the other intangibles of his game. Just my two cents from what I've gathered in watching him.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Not to rag on the kid cause I really hope he can establish himself this year. But PCs last call up left me feeling as though he has a tough time keeping up with the speed at the NHL level.

That's something I question more so than the other intangibles of his game. Just my two cents from what I've gathered in watching him.

Combine this with some really really poor high risk decision making. And that's why he never stuck with the big club.

Hands offensive talent with size are there. But if he's constantly unable to get the puck clean out of the zone he won't find a place on this team's top 9.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
How is it with his contract? There is written, that Bruins signed Lantosi to AHL contract? What does it mean?

It means that he's under contract with just the Providence Bruins.

lets be optimistic and imagine a situation, that he will be so good, to be called up. Should that mean, Bruins should at first sign him to an NHL contract?

Bruins would have to sign him to an NHL contract to call him up.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Any word on a echl affiliation people seem to think the bruins will end up partnering with a local owner for a expansion team in Manchester New Hampshire

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Any word on a echl affiliation people seem to think the bruins will end up partnering with a local owner for a expansion team in Manchester New Hampshire
Gladiators are implying on Twitter they are still the ECHL affiliation, but I'm not sure details of the deal. I haven't seen anything official.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Manchester needs a team first. They were never playing this season once the ECHL schedule was released last month.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Bruins renew ECHL affiliation with Atlanta Gladiators

The Bruins have a set home for the second-highest tier of minor-league hockey, as the team has renewed their affiliation with the Atlanta Gladiators of the East Coast Hockey League, according to Bruins general manager Don Sweeney.

“The 2019-20 campaign will mark the fifth season we have partnered with the Atlanta Gladiators who continue to impress by providing our players top quality developmental attention and support to improve their game,” Sweeney said in a press release on Thursday. “The Bruins organization would like to extend our gratitude to Daniel Orlich, Jerry James, Jeff Pyle and the tireless Gladiators associates who fuel this partnership.

"We would also like to thank the Duluth community for its unwavering support of the Gladiators franchise.”

Boston's ECHL affiliate since 2015, having a set home with the Gladiators may be especially important to Boston's long-term prospects in net.

With Max Lagace signed to be Boston's third-string netminder, Atlanta will be the likely landing spot for one of Daniel Vladar or Kyle Keyser in 2019-20, as the two are expected to duel to be Lagace's partner in Providence. Vladar, the No. 75 overall pick from 2015, has appeared in 59 ECHL games since 2016, compiling a 22-27-3 record with a .904 save percentage. But Vladar did spent the entire 2018-19 season with the P-Bruins, giving him a potential leg-up on Keyser, who is jumping to the pro ranks full-time after a 71-40-2 record and .891 save percentage in four OHL seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad