Providence Bruins General Discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Utica Comets fan here. The Comets just signed a former player of yours in Carter Camper. He put up good numbers for you in his close to 3 year stretch. My question is, "Did he put up those points on the wing or as a center. It appears our braintrust has signed him to play center. Want to clarify that issue. If his points came from the middle it would back up their move.
I remember him at Center but if I remember right they moved him to wing from time to time,he was a very good AHL player for us

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I remember him at Center but if I remember right they moved him to wing from time to time,he was a very good AHL player for us

Thanks for the info. Only played center for Grand Rapids and Cleveland. If I can be of any help to you in the future don't hesitate to ask.

Reactions: Chestus

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
For those who missed it
Szwartz to Ottawa
McIntyre to Vancouver
McNeill to Austria
Old friend Tommy Cross got a 2 year deal with Florida
And finally Divver reported Joel Messner will get an AHL deal with Providence, he was a decent fill in and the best of the ECHL Atlanta call ups

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
If you want him to play big minutes and run the PP I think he belongs in Moncton
Plus @BruinsNetwork thinks that's where he'll end up,playing in the Q will be good for him,hopefully...
Sweeney doesn't want to rush the kid... they need him to work on his defensive side. Best place for him to learn that, it's with Providence, where he can be developed by the coaches on a daily basis.

BruinsNetwork

Sweeney doesn't want to rush the kid... they need him to work on his defensive side. Best place for him to learn that, it's with Providence, where he can be developed by the coaches on a daily basis.

Don’t agree with the second part. Think the best place for him to develop his defensive skills are in the CHL right now. Some of the things he struggles with, like timing and handling the forecheck low and behind the net, will be exploited much easier in the AHL. He also won’t get the TOI he needs in Providence.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Don’t agree with the second part. Think the best place for him to develop his defensive skills are in the CHL right now. Some of the things he struggles with, like timing and handling the forecheck low and behind the net, will be exploited much easier in the AHL. He also won’t get the TOI he needs in Providence.

I firmly believe the coaching staff in Providence is much more qualified to help Andersson's defensive and overall game.
I'm not against him playing in the Q... but IMO Providence has the better tools for his toolbox.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I firmly believe the coaching staff in Providence is much more qualified to help Andersson's defensive and overall game.
I'm not against him playing in the Q... but IMO Providence has the better tools for his toolbox.
As of now he wouldn't play much,he'd get great coaching but no way to show off his talent sitting in the stands,defeats the purpose
Maybe he has a great camp and maybe they finally move a left shot D not named Lauzon or Vaakanainen to make room

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
As of now he wouldn't play much,he'd get great coaching but no way to show off his talent sitting in the stands,defeats the purpose
Maybe he has a great camp and maybe they finally move a left shot D not named Lauzon or Vaakanainen to make room
Who would be the others left shot D?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He is and there's a serious need for a good one in Providence ,I missed that...
They'll still probably play Lauzon or Zboril on the off side to start
I still think in that scenario, since we really need a good one on the right side, That the Bruins will do what it takes, without rushing Andersson, play him in Providence and guide him into the right path. I also think Andersson his highly prized and should be handled accordingly.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I still think in that scenario, since we really need a good one on the right side, That the Bruins will do what it takes, without rushing Andersson, play him in Providence and guide him into the right path. I also think Andersson his highly prized and should be handled accordingly.
I'm coming around on that idea,totally forgot he's a Righty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->