Providence Bruins General Discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
`Considering buying AHLTV subscription this season. I would like to keep up with the prospects and draw my own conclusions rather than rely on the opinions of others and stats.
My questions are, and I would appreciate if anyone can guide me. Thanks in advance.
1) I am not available on Friday and Saturday nights when many games are played, is there a play back option like with NHL Center Ice or is it just live that you can watch.
2) What is the quality of the stream and announcers/play-by-play. I used to watch some of these games streamed a few years back and found the quality very poor in every aspect. Thanks again .

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
`Considering buying AHLTV subscription this season. I would like to keep up with the prospects and draw my own conclusions rather than rely on the opinions of others and stats.
My questions are, and I would appreciate if anyone can guide me. Thanks in advance.
1) I am not available on Friday and Saturday nights when many games are played, is there a play back option like with NHL Center Ice or is it just live that you can watch.
2) What is the quality of the stream and announcers/play-by-play. I used to watch some of these games streamed a few years back and found the quality very poor in every aspect. Thanks again .

There is an archive feature so you can watch anytime. That's why Saxon Eric is doing play by play here like two days later. ;).

The quality has considerably improved. Many people still find Providence to be lower end camera work, but other arenas produce a pretty damn good game and you are no longer simply looking at a jumbotron inhouse feed. As far as announcers, like everyone else, it's personal opinion. Thankfully Providence will have an announcer for at least home games this season. You should make sure your internet stream is good. Otherwise the archive will probably be preferable.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
AHLTV is worth it,most of the teams run a good game day experience with a handful better than NESN, Providence was the worst but now have their own announcer so maybe they'll add a camera or pre and post game shows You can watch the game whenever ,the stream is usually solid but keep in mind you'll need decent internet
It is the best way to form your own opinions on the AHL guys
Playoffs are a separate cost

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
AHLTV is worth it,most of the teams run a good game day experience with a handful better than NESN, Providence was the worst but now have their own announcer so maybe they'll add a camera or pre and post game shows You can watch the game whenever ,the stream is usually solid but keep in mind you'll need decent internet It is the best way to form your own opinions on the AHL guys
Playoffs are a separate cost

The coverage has gotten better every year.

Reactions: gumgum

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
My colleague at WPRI, J.P. Smollins, filed this report from the P-Bruins training camp:

P-Bruins prep for upcoming season

PROVIDENCE, RI (WPRI) – The Providence Bruins feel the excitement from the Bruins Stanley Cup run from June. The Bruins AHL affiliate will begin preseason play this weekend with a talented crop of young players and some veterans.

That was worth watching just for the Yorker shoes ad that popped up :laugh:

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
Is Axel going to stick with the PB’s or is there too much depth there? Especially with Petrovic now in the fold

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
So Jeremy Brodeur, son of Marty and also a goaltender, is on his way to Atlanta.

Could eventually effect on of the B's goaltenders in Providence for ice time in the ECHL

Assuming that this is just a PR/Ticket sales sort of signing, does this come from Atlanta's management more so than the Bruins? I mean, I absolutely get that a league like that needs whatever boost in sales it can muster. Just seems the sort of thing that might annoy the Bruins brass if they were counting on a certain amount of ice time.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Assuming that this is just a PR/Ticket sales sort of signing, does this come from Atlanta's management more so than the Bruins? I mean, I absolutely get that a league like that needs whatever boost in sales it can muster. Just seems the sort of thing that might annoy the Bruins brass if they were counting on a certain amount of ice time.

Brodeur has no NHL affiliation and no NHL contract. I believe he is on an AHL contract. So i imagine this is an Atlanta move.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
“As expected, bunch of the PTOs will get a look tonight, but Jakub Lauko, Axel Andersson, Cooper Zech also on ice now, so looks like they will be in lineup. Dante Hannoun in, too, wearing No. 37”

From Divver. Pre-season opener tonight in Springfield.

Reactions: Spooner st

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

I mean, teams need a backup goaltender?

He’s a decent ECHL goalie. I doubt anyone is buying a ticket because he’s Marty’s kid.

If Jeremy Brodeur is outplaying your prospects, you’ve got an issue.

Reactions: Spooner st
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->