Providence Bruins General Discussion VI - Providence AHL affilation with B's extended until 2029

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
The entire bruins organization is stacked on D. Honestly I think the bruins might be the best at developing and drafting D

Reactions: LouisSleigher

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Anyone have updates on zboril. Of all the d in the system, lauzon, UV, zboril, he seems to be the most durable. I can’t speak to how he’s played in providence but talent wise dating back to world juniors and the rookie tourney this year, there wasn’t a thing on the ice I could see as a problem in terms of his game. Crisp passer, big and physical, good skater, good shot.

He’s played in over 100 games now down in providence and he’s been reasonably productive. Doesn’t get talked about though.

Is he a first pairing guy down there? Is he still too prone to making bad decisions?

For me he’s got every skill needed to be an effective defender. I’m just curious if at this point he’d be able to skate in the nhl or if he’s still a ways off

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Anyone have updates on zboril. Of all the d in the system, lauzon, UV, zboril, he seems to be the most durable. I can’t speak to how he’s played in providence but talent wise dating back to world juniors and the rookie tourney this year, there wasn’t a thing on the ice I could see as a problem in terms of his game. Crisp passer, big and physical, good skater, good shot.

He’s played in over 100 games now down in providence and he’s been reasonably productive. Doesn’t get talked about though.

Is he a first pairing guy down there? Is he still too prone to making bad decisions?

For me he’s got every skill needed to be an effective defender. I’m just curious if at this point he’d be able to skate in the nhl or if he’s still a ways off
Please allow me to chime in only on his skating with the understanding that I have seen 0 minutes of him in Providence but I`ll be shocked if anyone thinks his skating is not NHL calibre. Saw this kid a ton in Junior and his stride was powerful, seamless and near impeccable

Reactions: kjpm

BruinsNetwork

He’s a top-four D and sees ample time on the top-pair even though that doesn’t always mean most TOI down there. He’s not mentioned much because he just goes out there and does it job as solid as he can. He makes some mistakes here and there that he’s better than, but he definitely looks like someone who can play in the NHL right now.

Reactions: Dc422t and Estlin

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
He’s a top-four D and sees ample time on the top-pair even though that doesn’t always mean most TOI down there. He’s not mentioned much because he just goes out there and does it job as solid as he can. He makes some mistakes here and there that he’s better than, but he definitely looks like someone who can play in the NHL right now.

Thanks for the input! Feels like he flies under the radar a bit

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
My comparison between Vaak and Zboril is that I feel Vaak's mistakes are caused by indifference/laziness/lack of motor at times where as Zboril rather zestfully makes bad decisions.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

You highlighted his strengths well ,the concerns I have had about him have gone mostly away, consistency and maturity (dealing with disappointment) ,with all the injuries Providence has had they've leaned on him with big minutes,plays in all situations, lots to like about him
He's going to make it

BruinsNetwork

You highlighted his strengths well ,the concerns I have had about him have gone mostly away, consistency and maturity (dealing with disappointment) ,with all the injuries Providence has had they've leaned on him with big minutes,plays in all situations, lots to like about him
He's going to make it

Feel the same way. What’s also encouraging is that when he’s leaned on heavily and he’s needed most, that seems to be when he’s playing his best. Now he just needs to figure out a way to play that way every night.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Do you feel if Moore, Krug and Grizz aren't available tomorrow night, Zboril would be the likely choice?
I do
Lauzon just came back from injury
Vaakanainen is still hurt
Breen Cuminsky Percy are on AHL deals
Zech as well
Sherman and Johansson aren't ready
Berglund just showed up but has a minor injury
Has to be Zboril

Reactions: Flannelman and TCB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Poor Steve King and Angelo Gomez were dismantled every Saturday morning on my TV throughout the 1980's

Thanks for the memories, Saturday morning WWF on channel 56, Pedro Morales, Bob Backlund, Dominic Friggin Denucci :laugh:
Anyway, back to the P-Bruins

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Any chance senyshyn gets a call up here late in the year? Sometimes the b’s like to reward guys with a couple nhl paychecks as a reward for hard work. Plus wouldn’t mind seeing a 1st round pick get a couple games in so I can see how he looks/how he looks with nhl players around him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad