Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Just randomly noticed that old friend Zach Senyshyn is on the Utica Comets. I used to go to a few Comet games a year when I lived in Herkimer 15 minutes away from Utica.

Tickets were basically free lol.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Just randomly noticed that old friend Zach Senyshyn is on the Utica Comets. I used to go to a few Comet games a year when I lived in Herkimer 15 minutes away from Utica.

Tickets were basically free lol.
HAS BEEN the entire year since the Haula/Zacha trade and basically the wash since we added Greer from the Devils organization as well

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
My read on Lysell is he's the 2nd best prospect in the organization and Merkulov is 3rd, both have had their ups and downs but are currently playing good hockey
Lysell is playing RW, Merkulov Center
Merkulov does most of his damage on the PP
Both have cannons and are dangerous anywhere in the O zone
Defensively both have shown good growth and understanding of their responsibilities, its not perfect as mistakes still happen

Lorhei who is my #1 prospect is still doing his thing at Ohio State and will turn pro about 7 minutes after his season ends, probably late March early April

McLaughlin has been playing well the majority of the year so far ,points wise slightly disappointing, he's just under .5 per game but has 9 points in the last 10 games, smart player that's trusted in all phases

Thank you for a fine scouting update.

I'm very interested to see what Mason can do in PRO and beyond. Lysell still projects to be a useful NHL player, perhaps even a difference maker.

Merkulov I know next to nothing about, but will chedk YouTube.

Finally, per McLaughlin: He's a bright fellow and from the very beginning last season, the book has been that he is trusted almost automatically in all situations by coaching staff-- whether in PRO or under Bruce Cassidy, which is certainly saying something.

Thanks again and please keep the updates and analysis rolling,

:thumbu:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Merkulov is developing really nicely, IMO. He's been one of the better forwards in each of the half dozen games I've been to.

Lysell has missed some time since the WJC, but he's been very good when in the lineup. WJC seems the negative outlier in his resume.

Mason? If you mean Mason Lohrei, he's still at Ohio State. If you mean Mason Langenbrunner, he's still at Harvard.

McLaughlin has been good enough that he absolutely deserved the Boston call-up. Not especially fancy or flashy, but I think he's a really damned good hockey player who can be a bottom six NHL player right now. Side note - he seems like a phenomenal kid from his interviews and my sole interaction with him at Meet the Players night a couple of weeks ago. I'm rooting hard for him. He and Ahcan are my binkies.
Good stuff, thank you. All of it checks with what little I know. Yes, I was referring to Lohrei.

Ahcan is cloudy to me, as I have not investigated. I'm lazy and I bore easily. Further reportage appreciated.

And yet another positive review for Mr. Marc. Everyone says the same things, almost word for word. I really, really like The Billerica Kid and have from very beginning.

How could you not?

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Nice week for Providence. With a couple of their top skill guys out, a lot of guys stepped up and delivered.

Merkulov has a heck of a shot. I don't know what his ceiling is, but he's playing well at the AHL level.

I'll continue to lobby for a tough forward/enforcer-type but it's probably not in the cards for this year. Other than that, the team played some good hockey on the road this week.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Mid season Grades

Keyser A-
Bussi A
Kinkaid B
Ahcan A-
Callahan B
Carrick B+
Renouf C+
Wissman C+
Wolff C+
Didier C
Reilly B-
Stralman inc
Abate B-
Asselin B-
Beecher B
Brazeau B+
Greenway C-
Hall C
Koppanen B
Lysell B+
McLaughlin B
Merkulov B+
Steen B
Toporowski B
Tralmaks inc
The Mayor B
Lauko B
Lettieri A-
Voyer inc

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Mid season Grades

Keyser A-
Bussi A
Kinkaid B
Ahcan A-
Callahan B
Carrick B+
Renouf C+
Wissman C+
Wolff C+
Didier C
Reilly B-
Stralman inc
Abate B-
Asselin B-
Beecher B
Brazeau B+
Greenway C-
Hall C
Koppanen B
Lysell B+
McLaughlin B
Merkulov B+
Steen B
Toporowski B
Tralmaks inc
The Mayor B
Lauko B
Lettieri A-
Voyer inc
Beecher has the same grade as toporowski? I was hoping topo was gonna be graded higher. He must not be very good in other areas besides right out front the net. Bussi seems like quite the find. Wish lauko could turn effort into production. Reminds me of an early kasperi kappanen. Speed to burn, aggresive forchecker. But in one playoff series against boston kappanen must have had 10 breakaways for the leafs and missed all 10. Incredible plays to get the breaks but hands like stone i guess

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Beecher has the same grade as toporowski? I was hoping topo was gonna be graded higher. He must not be very good in other areas besides right out front the net. Bussi seems like quite the find. Wish lauko could turn effort into production. Reminds me of an early kasperi kappanen. Speed to burn, aggresive forchecker. But in one playoff series against boston kappanen must have had 10 breakaways for the leafs and missed all 10. Incredible plays to get the breaks but hands like stone i guess
Lauko has good speed but KK is a clear level over Lauko. A literal handful of players in the NHL are faster than KK.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Lines should be interesting
No Lauko,Tralmaks, Toporowski, Beecher, Lettieri possibly Koppanen

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Providence won last night 4-2
Brazeau (13) Wagner and Lysell
Steen (11) Beecher and McLaughlin
Merkulov (10) Reilly and Brazeau
McLaughlin (8) unassisted
Bussi 30 saves and another win

Back at it tonight 7pm in Utica
Calder cup! Lets pursuit it

Thanks for the updates Eric

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
-- Entertaining game tonight. Impressive win considering only one line showed up to play today.
-- Lysell was feeling it again tonight. His confidence continues to grow (as evidenced by his SO goal) and Mougenel has been rewarding him with more ice time (though his 75 second shift to start OT probably won't win him any favors with coach).
-- Merkulov is on a heater...7 points in last 4 games. He won a good board battle shortly before his tying goal. I could see teams being interested in him at the deadline.
-- Wagner-McLaughlin-Steen line was M.I.A. most of the night. Pretty disappointing none of them could step up with so many guys out of the lineup.
-- I will give Didier his due as he played well tonight including in the offensive zone.
-- Wissmann, on the other hand, was not good at all.
-- I didn't love Stralman's game either but he did make an awesome pass to create Merkulov's breakaway goal.
-- Keyser was solid. First 2 goals were top shelf lasers and the third was a hard one-timer...he may have been a little slow getting over for it but it was a good shot nonetheless.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
-- Entertaining game tonight. Impressive win considering only one line showed up to play today.
-- Lysell was feeling it again tonight. His confidence continues to grow (as evidenced by his SO goal) and Mougenel has been rewarding him with more ice time (though his 75 second shift to start OT probably won't win him any favors with coach).
-- Merkulov is on a heater...7 points in last 4 games. He won a good board battle shortly before his tying goal. I could see teams being interested in him at the deadline.
-- Wagner-McLaughlin-Steen line was M.I.A. most of the night. Pretty disappointing none of them could step up with so many guys out of the lineup.
-- I will give Didier his due as he played well tonight including in the offensive zone.
-- Wissmann, on the other hand, was not good at all.
-- I didn't love Stralman's game either but he did make an awesome pass to create Merkulov's breakaway goal.
-- Keyser was solid. First 2 goals were top shelf lasers and the third was a hard one-timer...he may have been a little slow getting over for it but it was a good shot nonetheless.

How was Shea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad