Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
update to last thread regarding Mariners' lone in state preseason game (10/16/22) a public skate has been added starting @ 3:10;

here's the link to the arena:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Who had Lauko as the last man standing?

Not me but it’s a nice development. I’ve liked his game from what I’ve seen and really hoping he can find his game in Providence in a bigger role. I think he’s an NHLer, in what capacity remains to be seen, but he has nasty and he has serious speed. He’ll eventually get some chances off that combination alone.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Lysell taking Bossy's number?

Toporowski - Merk - Big lad?

Luckily I'm wearing sweats.
Partial F roster for today’s pre-season game.
Interested to see how these guys do as they are all competing for spots in the 7-12 spot. Some may argue Merkulov is slated higher but I don’t think so. I think he’s playing behind Beecher and Koppanen unless he’s on the wing then I could see him in top 6, but even then who’s he taking out from Lauko, Beecher, McLaughlin, Steen, Lysell, Lettieri and possibly Greer…

Toporowski - Merkulov - Brazeau
Asselin - Hall - Voyer
Greenway - - Abate

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Partial F roster for today’s pre-season game.
Interested to see how these guys do as they are all competing for spots in the 7-12 spot. Some may argue Merkulov is slated higher but I don’t think so. I think he’s playing behind Beecher and Koppanen unless he’s on the wing then I could see him in top 6, but even then who’s he taking out from Lauko, Beecher, McLaughlin, Steen, Lysell, Lettieri and possibly Greer…

Toporowski - Merkulov - Brazeau
Asselin - Hall - Voyer
Greenway - - Abate
PBruins win 4-2.
Toporowski 1G, 1A, 9 shots!!!
Merkulov 1G, 1A
Hall 1G

Now bring on the big guns!!!

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020

This team is going to be fun to watch! They put 6 goals up without Beecher, Lysell and Steen scoring, and McLaughlin and Lauko not in the game. These FWDs are stacked!

Strong pre-season showing…
Toporowski 2G, 2A
Merkulov 1G, 2A
Brazeau 1G, 2A
Hall 2G
Asselin 1G, 1A

Good chance Toporowski leads the league in shots…13 shots in 2 games!!

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In some ways Toporowski feels like he is one of those long time AHL vets who never was able to make it at the NHL but then was an explosive player in the AHL for a decade (ala Chris Bourque), but then you realize he is just tuned 21 year old rookie.

Not meant to say he has no chance in the NHL, but just that he may well walk out and just play way above what you expect for a first year player

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad