Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Combination of talking to people who have watched both and my viewing

SENYSHYN- he will break out next year in AHL and be on a 25+ goal pace but will see him in Boston at some point. His game will be more responsible and polished.

I see him as a regular RW on the 2020 team and we are going to like this kid.

FITZGERALD- I've seen a lot more than Senyshyn over the years and I have always liked him - a lot.

I think he starts 4th line LW and ends up the forward version of Grzelcyk where people are 'whoa, didn't see this coming'

He may start 4th but I don't think he ends there when all is said and done

Good things come to those that wait or st least ate patient and supported by belief and good plan and instruction
thx friend, much appreciated

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Bruins home playoff games are April 20 and 21st regardless of who they play. The effort shown last night made me feel like they don’t care where they finish.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Bruins home playoff games are April 20 and 21st regardless of who they play. The effort shown last night made me feel like they don’t care where they finish.
That's a bummer about the effort. I'm going tomorrow, and hoping to see something different. One might think that being 2-4 against Lehigh Valley might have inspired something different with that matchup on the line.

BruinsNetwork

Fitz has that grit that Cassidy wants over someone like Czarnik. Aggressive forechecker and not afraid to muck it up.

In fairness to Czarnik, he does go into the dirty-areas, he’s just not a grinder. It doesn’t make sense for Cassidy to bring him up and play him on the 4th-line— he’s just not that type of player.

In regards to Fitzgerald, I really like his game and always have since he was drafted. He’s not the biggest guy on the ice, nor is his skating high-end, but he can play. I think he’s already earned himself a shot with the big club if the opportunity presents himself. He could very well end up on the 4th-line last year depending on who stays and who goes. He’s not a prolific-scorer, but 20-goals isn’t anything to laugh about— some have been high-quality. To me, Fitzgerald profiles to be a bottom-six grinder who can bring some offensive-flair. Needs to work on his skating, though.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
That's a bummer about the effort. I'm going tomorrow, and hoping to see something different. One might think that being 2-4 against Lehigh Valley might have inspired something different with that matchup on the line.

Well they’re playing Springfield so I would not be shocked if they won 6-1.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Senyshyn having another good one per Mark Divver - both ends

Fitzgerald & Senyshyn with providence goals

Edit: Frederic puts them up 3-2

Reactions: BiGBear8

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
PRO beats SPR 4-2

Senyshyn, Fitz, Frederic (gwg), and Czarnik (eng) with the scores.

Kuhlman with his first pro point (assist on Frederic goal).

Frederic 1st Star (1g, +1, 3 shots)
Z-Mac 3rd Star (27/29 saves)

PRO wins, but so does Charlotte. The PB’s finish 4th in the Atlantic and will face Lehigh Valley in the first round.

PRO was 2-4 against LV in the regular season.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Still going with my general opinion on senyshyn. Best case he’s Athanasiou, worst case nothing. Middle ground is a better paille. Glad to see him start producing at the ahl level. That should be big for his confidence going into next year in providence. Does his contract slide? I’ve never understood who does and does no qualify for that

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Still going with my general opinion on senyshyn. Best case he’s Athanasiou, worst case nothing. Middle ground is a better paille. Glad to see him start producing at the ahl level. That should be big for his confidence going into next year in providence. Does his contract slide? I’ve never understood who does and does no qualify for that

Reactions: bearcountry17

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Big crowd for yesterday's game, close to 10,000. Of course, that meant a lot of late arriving folks who will gladly block your view of the game as they search for their seats.

Senyshyn played very well. Fantastic skater and is gaining confidence just in time for the playoffs. He'll need more time in AHL before he's ready for Boston, but he's noticeably stronger on the puck than earlier this year.

Frederick was good again. He came back after taking a nasty hit in the first and scored the GWG early in the 3rd.

Providence rested a lot of players yesterday (Cross/Breen/Agostino/Cave/Blidh).

Lehigh Valley will be a tough 1st round opponent. I wonder how many of the newbies will play? Frederick for sure, but does Studnicka play over Blidh/Porter/Payerl?

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Lehigh Valley will be a tough 1st round opponent. I wonder how many of the newbies will play? Frederick for sure, but does Studnicka play over Blidh/Porter/Payerl?

Have to win games 1 & 2 at home. Had the reverse situation a couple of years ago, and despite having home ice, came back down 0-2 vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, lost their only home game of the playoffs and were swept.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Big crowd for yesterday's game, close to 10,000. Of course, that meant a lot of late arriving folks who will gladly block your view of the game as they search for their seats.

Senyshyn played very well. Fantastic skater and is gaining confidence just in time for the playoffs. He'll need more time in AHL before he's ready for Boston, but he's noticeably stronger on the puck than earlier this year.

Frederick was good again. He came back after taking a nasty hit in the first and scored the GWG early in the 3rd.

Providence rested a lot of players yesterday (Cross/Breen/Agostino/Cave/Blidh).

Phantoms are one of the least penalized teams in the league if I recall so an overload of our “goons” isn’t needed.

Koppanen has played well against them, even the game they trounced us last week. He should definitely dress.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Frederic's release is rather impressive. This is the second time in as many weeks that he's beaten a goalie will a hard, deceptive wrister.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
for those who have had a chance to watch him, what`s been the most noticeable change in Seny`s game this year? I`m asking only because most recently while I`m seeing he is contributing a bit more offensively, the comments seem to be that the kid is playing well other than that. Would you be kind to shed some light on areas he`s improved on for a fan who isn`t able to watch him please and thanks

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
lehigh valley a great test, and if flyers lose this week, sanheim and lindblom could be added to the mix.
that said, would rather play them then that f***ing goon squad from WBS with pedan and sestito trying
to injure all of our prospects.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Went with the family to Sunday's matinee game. Had a great time. Here are my thoughts...

Fitzgerald - Best player on the ice. Has definitely added a gear in terms of speed. Has great skating technique, very strong and agile. Not a flashy player, but has incredible hands in terms of controlling passes and picking pucks out of traffic. Had an outstanding breakaway goal where he accelerating past the backchecking defenseman and flipped a backhander six hole.

JFK - Reminds me a bit of Heinen at this time last year, but behind a bit in the strength department. Nice composure, good stick, above-average skater. Think he needs another year in the AHL.

Senyshyn - Really caught my eye. It's been said over and over, but he is just an extraordinary skater in every dimension. Would easily be top 5% in the NHL. Had a great goal, but even better, hounded the puck and caused a couple great turnovers. Still needs to improve his ability to play with 4 other guys. Not much from him in terms of touch passes, give and go, etc.

Frederic - Aside from the visible athletic skill, has a real sneaky hockey sense. Goes to high value areas and the puck finds him. His goal showed off a lot of attributes - ability to get open in space, control the puck through the neutral zone, confidence to hang on to it over the blue line, and a powerful wrist shot the beat the goalie from the top of the circle. Could amp up the overall compete level though.

Studnicka - Really smooth. Better skater and prettier skill than Frederic, but also a bit softer. Reminds me a bit of Jason Spezza. Coach must like him because he was on first power play. Always calling for the puck, and I mean always. Funny moment when he was charging up the neutral zone while covered by two guys, tapping his stick madly and shouting for the puck, and Kulhman instead sends it cross ice to a wide open Frederic who took it in for the goal. Like the take-charge-mentality though, and I think he'll refine it a bit in time.

Zboril - Plays a ton of minutes, and all situations. Showed the most offensive talent of all defensemen. Had one great sequence where he went deep in the offensive zone and kept switching with different forwards and really driving possession. Not as fast as I remembered, but is strong and has very good edgework. Pretty good hockey sense on both sides of the puck, but you could see him get tired and his defense really suffered at those times.

Lauzon - Bigger and faster than Zboril. Most physical player on the ice by far. Has some Kevan Miller in his game. Didn't see the offensive skill that he showed in the Q. Like him as a bottom pair though.

Johansen - Smooth skater with good skill. Not sure he is strong enough for NHL hockey.

McIntyre - Pretty solid, but let in at least one softie. Don't see a dominant goalie in him, but this is the position I am least comfortable evaluating.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Went with the family to Sunday's matinee game. Had a great time. Here are my thoughts...

Fitzgerald - Best player on the ice. Has definitely added a gear in terms of speed. Has great skating technique, very strong and agile. Not a flashy player, but has incredible hands in terms of controlling passes and picking pucks out of traffic. Had an outstanding breakaway goal where he accelerating past the backchecking defenseman and flipped a backhander six hole.

JFK - Reminds me a bit of Heinen at this time last year, but behind a bit in the strength department. Nice composure, good stick, above-average skater. Think he needs another year in the AHL.

Senyshyn - Really caught my eye. It's been said over and over, but he is just an extraordinary skater in every dimension. Would easily be top 5% in the NHL. Had a great goal, but even better, hounded the puck and caused a couple great turnovers. Still needs to improve his ability to play with 4 other guys. Not much from him in terms of touch passes, give and go, etc.

Frederic - Aside from the visible athletic skill, has a real sneaky hockey sense. Goes to high value areas and the puck finds him. His goal showed off a lot of attributes - ability to get open in space, control the puck through the neutral zone, confidence to hang on to it over the blue line, and a powerful wrist shot the beat the goalie from the top of the circle. Could amp up the overall compete level though.

Studnicka - Really smooth. Better skater and prettier skill than Frederic, but also a bit softer. Reminds me a bit of Jason Spezza. Coach must like him because he was on first power play. Always calling for the puck, and I mean always. Funny moment when he was charging up the neutral zone while covered by two guys, tapping his stick madly and shouting for the puck, and Kulhman instead sends it cross ice to a wide open Frederic who took it in for the goal. Like the take-charge-mentality though, and I think he'll refine it a bit in time.

Zboril - Plays a ton of minutes, and all situations. Showed the most offensive talent of all defensemen. Had one great sequence where he went deep in the offensive zone and kept switching with different forwards and really driving possession. Not as fast as I remembered, but is strong and has very good edgework. Pretty good hockey sense on both sides of the puck, but you could see him get tired and his defense really suffered at those times.

Lauzon - Bigger and faster than Zboril. Most physical player on the ice by far. Has some Kevan Miller in his game. Didn't see the offensive skill that he showed in the Q. Like him as a bottom pair though.

Johansen - Smooth skater with good skill. Not sure he is strong enough for NHL hockey.

McIntyre - Pretty solid, but let in at least one softie. Don't see a dominant goalie in him, but this is the position I am least comfortable evaluating.
Great stuff thanks

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Per Divver, Cehlarik will be ready to go Friday according to Leach.

Lot of bodies now. Will be interesting to see how the final lines shake out. This is what I've got:

Fitzgerald/Szwarz/Czarnik
Agostino/JFK/Cehlarik
Frederic/Studnika/Senyshyn
Hargrove/Cave/Blidh

Cross - Zboril
Lauzon - Postma
Johansson - Clifton

McIntyre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events