Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Watching from Section 230 tonight.

Fitzgerald-Szwarz-Czarnik really tearing it up out there.

Haven’t noticed Studnicka too much, although his line mates got the job done on the first goal. UPDATE: Stud picks up an assist on that goal.

Lindgren playing a very physical game for the Wolfpack; in fact, he just crosschecked Szwarz in the face.

5-0 midway thru the second. Frederick with his 3rd. Bruins on a 5 minute major PP. Wolfpack player tossed after a hit from behind on ???

Last edited:

BruinsNetwork

Ryan Fitzgerald has been coming on

I'm curious what you folks think

He’s been excellent since he was promoted to the top-six a few months ago. Skating next to Czarnik will get you points, but he’s scoring some impressive goals. I’ve always thought he was an NHL-player, regardless of the production. However, he’s got the qualities of a solid-grinder who can play on the 3rd-line and provide secondary-scoring in the NHL.

Reactions: PB37

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He’s been excellent since he was promoted to the top-six a few months ago. Skating next to Czarnik will get you points, but he’s scoring some impressive goals. I’ve always thought he was an NHL-player, regardless of the production. However, he’s got the qualities of a solid-grinder who can play on the 3rd-line and provide secondary-scoring in the NHL.
I agree

He's around the puck and his hockey sense is up there - he's a good skater and relentless

If I'm a team like San Jose or the Penguins I'm all over him

I hope Sweeney keeps him and he plays here

Not saying he will pull a Grzelcyk but I wouldn't be shocked

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I agree

He's around the puck and his hockey sense is up there - he's a good skater and relentless

He earned the first star tonight with his 2G 1A performance.

Czarnik the second estrella as he continues to produce while seeing lesser talent playing on the big club.

Reactions: FanSince72

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Giving up three goals with under 5:30 to go in the third was an abomination, but there was a lot to like in this game. Also, they closed the gap with WBS to a single point in the standings, with five games to go. Need that first round home ice in a five game series, and first place is essentially out of reach. Love Czarnik, and while I agree there are players with less skill on the Boston roster, you'd have to acknowledge the roles they fill, rather than the difference in talent. He'll be an NHL regular, just probably not in Boston.

Reactions: BiGBear8

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Is senyshyn hurt again?
Yes his foot

Every time I ask someone with the organization or independent who watches him tell me he is doing well and they are putting him in positions he rarely if ever did but will make him better

I was told making a basketball player who always dribbles to his left now drift to his right all the time is a comp

Zboril & Senyshyn were given programs that identified weaknesses and would make them long term better off

I'm like others - where is the 20 goals ? Where are the points ?

Next year will be fascinating but the Bruins can do this - we all know they have a surplus so taking time with many of the kids should be beneficial to team and player

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Ryan Fitzgerald has been coming on

I'm curious what you folks think

Fitzgerald continued his excellent rookie season against Hartford with 2 goals, 1 assist, 5 SOG, +3 and the #1 star. He continues to lead all Providence rookies in scoring and is #4 overall on the team (19 goals and 16 assists for 35 points in 61 games).

He is consistently overlooked by fans when evaluating the Bruins prospects. Looks like they drafted a good one.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I agree

Isn't he a RFA ? If so why wouldn't the B's qualify him?

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Bruins beat Bridgeport 4-2. Earn playoff spot for 6th year in a row.

Goals were:

Jeremy Lauzon (1st pro goal) (Frederic and Hughes)
Colton Hargrove (16) (Payerl and Zboril) (PP)
Paul Postma (1st as a PBruin) (Hargrove and Studnicka)
Austin Czarnik (23) (Cross and Postma) (PP)

Binnington made -23 saves on 25 shots.

Adam Payrel who I questioned why he is in the lineup now has points in 4 straight games. (my badd)

Reactions: Alicat

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bruins beat Bridgeport 4-2. Earn playoff spot for 6th year in a row.

Goals were:

Jeremy Lauzon (1st pro goal) (Frederic and Hughes)
Colton Hargrove (16) (Payerl and Zboril) (PP)
Paul Postma (1st as a PBruin) (Hargrove and Studnicka)
Austin Czarnik (23) (Cross and Postma) (PP)

Binnington made -23 saves on 25 shots.

Adam Payrel who I questioned why he is in the lineup now has points in 4 straight games. (my badd)

Nice to see frederic and studnicka producing. How’d studnicka look today?

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
Anyone who watches Providence semi regularly have any thoughts on Hargrove? I figured his ceiling as a fourth liner, love our 4th line this year and wonder if he has the
Kind of cycling, physical game with enough competent offense to complement a Schaller, Acari, Kuraly combo if there was an injury next year or if Schaller is gone.

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Anyone who watches Providence semi regularly have any thoughts on Hargrove? I figured his ceiling as a fourth liner, love our 4th line this year and wonder if he has the
Kind of cycling, physical game with enough competent offense to complement a Schaller, Acari, Kuraly combo if there was an injury next year or if Schaller is gone.

I like Hargrove. He doesn't give 100% effort all the time. Every game he gets healthy scratched, he gets a goal his next game back. He moves up and down the lines, and can contribute there. I don't think he'd make it in the NHL. I can see him having a nice AHL career or going overseas.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Always appreciate @BruinsNetwork twitter highlights from the AHL games. A nice shot from the dot for his first. He was one of the last cuts at camp last season, so I could definitely see him pushing. I hope the kid can stay healthy, because there is definitely a lot to like with him.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Always appreciate @BruinsNetwork twitter highlights from the AHL games. A nice shot from the dot for his first. He was one of the last cuts at camp last season, so I could definitely see him pushing. I hope the kid can stay healthy, because there is definitely a lot to like with him.

great shot, I know he`s been injured quite a bit this year and missed time but still surprising this was his first

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Isn't he a RFA ? If so why wouldn't the B's qualify him?

Not sure who you are talking about here because the conversation got a little skewed?

Dan (DKH) was talking about Fitzgerald, who is under contract for another year and then is an RFA.

Another poster mentioned Czarnik, who was the second star. He is a UFA after this year and I suspect he will leave. The B’s have too many good young players capable of playing Top 9 that are ahead of him in the food chain and I don’t think he’s “heavy” enough to play the type of game they want from the 4tb line.

I could see him carving out a successful role on somebody’s 3rd/4th line...or being another Chris Bourque. He’s a very good player, just wrong place, wrong time in Boston because of their young depth.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He earned the first star tonight with his 2G 1A performance.

Czarnik the second estrella as he continues to produce while seeing lesser talent playing on the big club.

Who should he be playing over on the B’s roster when it’s healthy? The only reason he didn’t get called up recently is because he’s no longer waiver exempt and they would have had to keep him up or likely lose him when he went back down. Obviously, the PRO ownership (and possibly the B’s wanted him in PRO for the playoffs).

If he continues to produce in the playoffs, there will be a lot of interest in him IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad