Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I don’t even think it that with Czarnik. He’s just not salty enough like Acciari or Kuraly for what Cassidy wants in that bottom line. Hence why Blidh and Cave also seem to get more considerations now.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Not sure who you are talking about here because the conversation got a little skewed?

Dan (DKH) was talking about Fitzgerald, who is under contract for another year and then is an RFA.

Another poster mentioned Czarnik, who was the second star. He is a UFA after this year and I suspect he will leave. The B’s have too many good young players capable of playing Top 9 that are ahead of him in the food chain and I don’t think he’s “heavy” enough to play the type of game they want from the 4tb line.

I could see him carving out a successful role on somebody’s 3rd/4th line...or being another Chris Bourque. He’s a very good player, just wrong place, wrong time in Boston because of their young depth.

I was talking Fitz, I hope we can get a chance to see what he's capable of. He looks to be rounding out

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
He’s been excellent since he was promoted to the top-six a few months ago. Skating next to Czarnik will get you points, but he’s scoring some impressive goals. I’ve always thought he was an NHL-player, regardless of the production. However, he’s got the qualities of a solid-grinder who can play on the 3rd-line and provide secondary-scoring in the NHL.

watching fitzgerald in college, i thought he'd be a tweener in pro hockey. but limited viewings in providence and
talking to a few folks who have seen him a lot, think he's destined to be a bottom 6 NHL guy who can chip in 15
goals a year and do a bunch of stuff. versatile guy, good toolbox. of course, not everyone can play in boston so
will be interesting to see who makes it and who gets weeded out.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Bruins getting tuned up 4-1 after one. McIntyre is not totally to blame. Phantoms probably having one of their best games of the season which says something.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Per Divver - Zach Senyshyn was flying - scored again

He's getting it

Fitzgerald got his 20th - Schaller a UFA and should get a nice contract

Fitzgerald-Kuraly- Acciari

Like that look a lot- Fitzgerald to me looks like he can play a long time in NHL

BruinsNetwork

He's getting it

Like that look a lot- Fitzgerald to me looks like he can play a long time in NHL

Mark was correct, best game I’ve seen from Senyshyn arguably all season.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

He's getting it

If I could ask someone who`s likely watched Fitz far more than I, does he have the kind of game that would allow him to be a good fit to begin the year on that 4th line? Does he bring energy, some physicality etc...? Again, asking, not challenging you in any way, I think I saw him once in a preseason game and that`s it. Thanx muchly. Clearly the kid has some hands putting up 20 and real nice to hear/read Seny played well too

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
haha, don`t worry about it, you don`t deserve the brown bag treatment, just remember, I`m the guy who, years ago exclaimed Marchand was a career AHL player:shakehead

LOL...all good. I was simply looking for something to complain about. I'm that old cranky dude now...comes with the territory. I played "I'm an A . hole - Denis Leary" for my teenage kids the other day and asked them if I'm that guy. Yup dad that's you. I had just finished complaining about slow folk check out line. lol

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
LOL...all good. I was simply looking for something to complain about. I'm that old cranky dude now...comes with the territory. I played "I'm an A . hole - Denis Leary" for my teenage kids the other day and asked them if I'm that guy. Yup dad that's you. lol

classic

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Odaat, my other a hole move...Dartmouth Crossing Golf Town Halifax. Me/others impatiently waiting in line for tight muscle shirt dude and 2 gals to stop yapping and move ahead to cashier. Tapped dude on shoulder asked if I can move ahead. Yup it was Brad Marchand. LOL . The look he gave me was awesome. The look I gave him was shit what the F did I just do. Too funny.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Odaat, my other a hole move...Dartmouth Crossing Golf Town Halifax. Me/others impatiently waiting in line for tight muscle shirt dude and 2 gals to stop yapping and move ahead to cashier. Tapped dude on shoulder asked if I can move ahead. Yup it was Brad Marchand. LOL . The look he gave me was awesome. The look I gave him was **** what the F did I just do. Too funny.

that too is a classic, was just there the other day, on the hunt for a 2 iron, not as easy to find as I thought it would be

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If I could ask someone who`s likely watched Fitz far more than I, does he have the kind of game that would allow him to be a good fit to begin the year on that 4th line? Does he bring energy, some physicality etc...? Again, asking, not challenging you in any way, I think I saw him once in a preseason game and that`s it. Thanx muchly. Clearly the kid has some hands putting up 20 and real nice to hear/read Seny played well too
Combination of talking to people who have watched both and my viewing

SENYSHYN- he will break out next year in AHL and be on a 25+ goal pace but will see him in Boston at some point. His game will be more responsible and polished.

I see him as a regular RW on the 2020 team and we are going to like this kid.

FITZGERALD- I've seen a lot more than Senyshyn over the years and I have always liked him - a lot.

I think he starts 4th line LW and ends up the forward version of Grzelcyk where people are 'whoa, didn't see this coming'

He may start 4th but I don't think he ends there when all is said and done

Good things come to those that wait or st least ate patient and supported by belief and good plan and instruction

Reactions: FanSince72

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Fitz has that grit that Cassidy wants over someone like Czarnik. Aggressive forechecker and not afraid to muck it up.
Agree and it's not just getting in there fast he has the sense to take away a lane or option - he puts a different type of pressure on the D

I would imagine Sweeney will be getting inquiries in him this summer not that he's going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad