General COVID-19 Talk #4 MOD Warning

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Myself and my whole family, too.

Been a bit of a roller coaster so far. Feeling pretty good today after a fever of 104 last night. Fortunately don't really have any of the other symptoms, just the aches that come with a fever.
Man, I had a 100 fever and my body has so much soreness. Dude you were really burning up. What has your temp been today?

Token

May 15, 2019

Been a bit of a roller coaster so far. Feeling pretty good today after a fever of 104 last night. Fortunately don't really have any of the other symptoms, just the aches that come with a fever.
Oh sheesh, get that Pulse Oximeter and use it regularly. That tool saves allot of grief.

Unfortunately, I have been struck by covid. It blows. Luckily I'm 28 so it won't be long until I'm clear. But yeah, no fun.

Same for you young’un. Don’t be too cavalier with this nasty bug. Measure that O2.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Omar got one right.

Ilhan Omar says she won't get vaccine: 'People who need it most, should get it'

Epic fail by Rubio.

After Rubio, other lawmakers get early vaccines, many ask why

All members of Congress are being offered the vaccinations as part of protocols to ensure the “continuity of government operations,” according to the Associated Press. President-elect Joe Biden received his first dose Monday in front of cameras as part of an effort to promote the safety of getting the vaccines.

Seriously Rubio, you're going to compare yourself to 76-year old Joe Biden? What essential jobs are the members of Congress performing during their Christmas break? If you are a fossil like Pelosi, or McConnell, by all means get vaccinated.

This is kind of like all members of Congress being offered something other than an Obamacare health plan, or a retirement plan which is not social security.

Last edited:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Sandy Cortez received her vaccine today. At 31 years of age she was considered to be essential and in need of it. Give the girl credit she never misses an opportunity to take self-aggrandizing selfie, and post it on social media.

338b5e06f1586163bc645b18bec57099

Tulsi Gabbard commented on the decision by the members of the CDC, which allows "essential" workers like Sandy to receive the vaccine before your 70-year old+ parent or grandparent gets it.

While it seems inexcusable, at least she didn’t spend the last nine months claiming it was all a hoax, and then trample her own grandmother to get the vaccine unlinke some others in congress and the White House.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Unfortunately, I have been struck by covid. It blows. Luckily I'm 28 so it won't be long until I'm clear. But yeah, no fun.

Sorry guys, hope you're able to knock it out soon.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Man, I had a 100 fever and my body has so much soreness. Dude you were really burning up. What has your temp been today?

It's strange. I started feeling 'off' last Thursday, was really tired and just caught myself oversleeping. Saturday night I ended up with a 100ish fever and like you that's when I was SUPER achy, felt like I had played a tournament. Sunday night to Monday is when I really spiked, but oddly wasn't feeling much worse; I had just gotten up to chug some gatorade and figured I'd check my temp and when I saw it I did a spit take and checked again :laugh: I kind of figure the low-grade fever is 'worse' for the aches since you're hyper aware of that but not so much the temp; when you're running a high temp it's hard to think of anything else. I changed my clothes like 15 times with the shifts in heat and chills.

It stayed pretty high until the afternoon, and I slept through a lot of it. Most of yesterday I was back at 100 and again achy, today I'm hovering around 99 and feel like a million bucks in comparison. I'm starving but don't know what to eat, a little achy, definitely exhausted. Just chasing it all with water/fluids, Theraflu tea, strawberries when I can. Had some soup from Panera and a smoothie and that's about it. I guess I'm pretty lucky fast food doesn't sound good, but I'm also far, far too lazy to "make" anything. Didn't even cut the heads off the strawberries, lol. I'm hoping the worst is over but still treating it as if it's not as I've seen and heard too many people get to this point then relapse entirely.

Reactions: Papa Mocha 15

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
It's strange. I started feeling 'off' last Thursday, was really tired and just caught myself oversleeping. Saturday night I ended up with a 100ish fever and like you that's when I was SUPER achy, felt like I had played a tournament. Sunday night to Monday is when I really spiked, but oddly wasn't feeling much worse; I had just gotten up to chug some gatorade and figured I'd check my temp and when I saw it I did a spit take and checked again :laugh: I kind of figure the low-grade fever is 'worse' for the aches since you're hyper aware of that but not so much the temp; when you're running a high temp it's hard to think of anything else. I changed my clothes like 15 times with the shifts in heat and chills.

It stayed pretty high until the afternoon, and I slept through a lot of it. Most of yesterday I was back at 100 and again achy, today I'm hovering around 99 and feel like a million bucks in comparison. I'm starving but don't know what to eat, a little achy, definitely exhausted. Just chasing it all with water/fluids, Theraflu tea, strawberries when I can. Had some soup from Panera and a smoothie and that's about it. I guess I'm pretty lucky fast food doesn't sound good, but I'm also far, far too lazy to "make" anything. Didn't even cut the heads off the strawberries, lol. I'm hoping the worst is over but still treating it as if it's not as I've seen and heard too many people get to this point then relapse entirely.
did you lose taste and smell?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Good day by today's standards

upload_2020-12-22_12-18-31.png

7.6% positives today
Hosp up from 1709 yesterday, icu up from 380
Rolling 7 day

Tuesday: 2
Mon:2
Sun:15
Sat:26
Fri:3
Thu:13
Wed: 23

Up to 12 from 11.85 yesterday

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
While it seems inexcusable, at least she didn’t spend the last nine months claiming it was all a hoax, and then trample her own grandmother to get the vaccine unlinke some others in congress and the White House.
Seems inexcusable? Um, okay.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Damn, hope you guys feel better soon. The virus has just exploded lately. My business of 50 or so people went from having 2-3 cases in 8 months to 5 cases in last two weeks.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
There more I read about this, the more confident I am that I had it in January. I had all of the symptoms minus the loss of taste and smell.
I can't lose my sense of taste because I didn't have one to begin with ;)

Same -- late January for me. Worst "flu" i've ever had. Couldn't move and was in bed for a couple days. Eventually got to couch for a few days. Felt like i had been hit by a truck too. Breathing was somewhat an issue. I don't recall if i had taste/smell issues. Cough lasted months and i still to this day randomly cough 10+ times throughout the day. I'm in really good shape, but I feel a bit exhausted going up three flights of stairs when i never did before that (but it doesn't seem to impact me on a treadmill oddly).

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Thanks for the well wishes.

It really is just such a weird f***ing thing. Watching this virus work its way through my contacts and do different things to everyone is what's so scary to me. It's the grab bag russian roulette of symptoms. The healthiest of my employees was hospitalized for three days on oxygen--and this year i'm probably THE most unhealthy guy and i've been (knock on wood) mild. I've watched relatives ONLY lose smell and taste and otherwise having nothing worse than a mild headache. Another one who you would describe as the typical flu, and why people would describe it as "just a flu." Another whose shortness of breath has lasted for months. Several who had 5-7 days of being a little under the weather and that's all. And one who, unfortunately, thought they were getting better, suddenly crashed, and died within 48 hours.

So far the worst part has been the anxiety (hm to the aches), but much like everything else this year, have to wrap your head around the idea that you can only control so much and accept the rest, otherwise you'll just spin yourself into dust.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Thanks for the well wishes.

It really is just such a weird f***ing thing. Watching this virus work its way through my contacts and do different things to everyone is what's so scary to me. It's the grab bag russian roulette of symptoms. The healthiest of my employees was hospitalized for three days on oxygen--and this year i'm probably THE most unhealthy guy and i've been (knock on wood) mild. I've watched relatives ONLY lose smell and taste and otherwise having nothing worse than a mild headache. Another one who you would describe as the typical flu, and why people would describe it as "just a flu." Another whose shortness of breath has lasted for months. Several who had 5-7 days of being a little under the weather and that's all. And one who, unfortunately, thought they were getting better, suddenly crashed, and died within 48 hours.

So far the worst part has been the anxiety (hm to the aches), but much like everything else this year, have to wrap your head around the idea that you can only control so much and accept the rest, otherwise you'll just spin yourself into dust.
Watch The Clone Wars cartoon series on D+ it'll keep you busy for a long time.
Worry about clankers

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad