General COVID-19 Talk #4 MOD Warning

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
More than 78 million people have been fully vaccinated in the United States as of April 15.

5,800 fully vaccinated people who were confirmed as so-called breakthrough cases, nearly 400 required treatment at hospitals and 74 died.

A little over 40 percent of the infections were in people 60 years of age or older and 65 percent were female. A state-by-state breakdown was not available.

The figures were for cases through April 13.

I call this pretty good odds.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
More than 78 million people have been fully vaccinated in the United States as of April 15.

5,800 fully vaccinated people who were confirmed as so-called breakthrough cases, nearly 400 required treatment at hospitals and 74 died.

A little over 40 percent of the infections were in people 60 years of age or older and 65 percent were female. A state-by-state breakdown was not available.

The figures were for cases through April 13.

I call this pretty good odds.

I think it's time to open up everywhere. Quit being scared and live your life, you only get 1.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Yesterday's numbers

upload_2021-4-16_9-25-17.png

0.4% positives today

Hosp crept up again, up from 122
ICU up 1 unit

Rolling 7 day cases
Thu-65
Wed-89
Tue- 102
Mon-120
Sun- 196
Sat-422
Fri-87

Avg of 154.42 down from 158.71 yesterday

Rolling 7 day death count
Thu-7
Wed-13
Tue- 10
Mon-0
Sun- 8
Sat-5
Fri- 16

Avg of 8.42 down from 10.14 yesterday

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I think it's time to open up everywhere. Quit being scared and live your life, you only get 1.
Couldn't disagree more.

upload_2021-4-16_9-29-56.png

We are on the verge of beating this , but a 4th wave is very much happening.

It's like the 3rd date and all you have to do is get back to her how and it's
images

but you whip it out in the restaurant.

Just like when Han Leia, Chewie and the Princess escaped the Death Star but still had to blow the bitch up.....It's not over yet

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Couldn't disagree more.

View attachment 423078
We are on the verge of beating this , but a 4th wave is very much happening.

It's like the 3rd date and all you have to do is get back to her how and it's
images

but you whip it out in the restaurant.

Just like when Han Leia, Chewie and the Princess escaped the Death Star but still had to blow the bitch up.....It's not over yet

Agree to disagree. I don't believe the numbers are accurate and there's more to this than the media is telling us. Either way, it's not worth living in a bubble for many and people are over it. If people want to continue to mask up and stay home then fine that's their choice. I as well as many others will continue to live life to the fullest.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Agree to disagree. I don't believe the numbers are accurate and there's more to this than the media is telling us. Either way, it's not worth living in a bubble for many and people are over it. If people want to continue to mask up and stay home then fine that's their choice. I as well as many others will continue to live life to the fullest.
It's also not worth it to blow your wad early for a few months of "freedom" to only end up prolonging it.

That has happened many times in the past with pandemics and epidemics. The past is our greatest tool and it repeats itself more often that not

(I also saw a Holiday Inn Express commercial last night)

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
It's also not worth it to blow your wad early for a few months of "freedom" to only end up prolonging it.

That has happened many times in the past with pandemics and epidemics. The past is our greatest tool and it repeats itself more often that not

(I also saw a Holiday Inn Express commercial last night)

How many cases does there need to be where people are comfortable to move on with their lives? It's fear mongering by the stupid media and I'm over it. We don't need a mask but if you want to wear 1, have at it.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
How many cases does there need to be where people are comfortable to move on with their lives? It's fear mongering by the stupid media and I'm over it. We don't need a mask but if you want to wear 1, have at it.
LOL ok bro.

Michigan and NY each had over 7k new cases yesterday.
CA has just over 2500. Those two states have a fraction of the population of CA.
It's far from fear mongering. It is reality.

This coming from a resident of the state with the highest cases and top 10deaths per capita. You have to know someone who has died or had a very serious case of this.

CA is doing better than average and I know people who died in their 30s and left a wife and young kids behind and people that are f***ed up from this who were healthy before. I know a 33 year old that still can't work 30 hours a week to keep their health insurance, still can't walk a flight of stairs, and now has heart problems, who was also healthy before getting covid.

I agree that media is often sensationalist nonsense, but this is still very real and hurry up and end it attitudes like yours are only doing to fuel new variants and keep this going longer than it needs to be

Reactions: Maynard and Bandit

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
LOL ok bro.

Michigan and NY each had over 7k new cases yesterday.
CA has just over 2500. Those two states have a fraction of the population of CA.
It's far from fear mongering. It is reality.

This coming from a resident of the state with the highest cases and top 10deaths per capita. You have to know someone who has died or had a very serious case of this.

CA is doing better than average and I know people who died in their 30s and left a wife and young kids behind and people that are f***ed up from this who were healthy before. I know a 33 year old that still can't work 30 hours a week to keep their health insurance, still can't walk a flight of stairs, and now has heart problems, who was also healthy before getting covid.

I agree that media is often sensationalist nonsense, but this is still very real and hurry up and end it attitudes like yours are only doing to fuel new variants and keep this going longer than it needs to be

I have friends and relatives that lost friends to it but for all they know it could have been something else. We have had quite a few cases at work lately but are back at work within a week. I was forced to get tested and could have worked through it, my wife did at home. That is what your immune system is designed to do. I don’t believe there are different variants, more Fauci nonsense to scare people. We don’t know if those who got it bad wouldn’t have died from the flu or pneumonia. New cases? That doesn’t mean anything because people are paranoid and get tested with little to no symptoms. Of those 7k new cases, hardly anyone will get severe symptoms. I’ve had doctors tell me you’re immune once you have and it and a vaccine is not necessary. A doctor I sold a Superduty to last week came in with his mask hanging off not even tied. Sure he’s had the vaccine and recommends it but if he’s not taking it more serious than why should we?

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I have friends and relatives that lost friends to it but for all they know it could have been something else. We have had quite a few cases at work lately but are back at work within a week. I could have worked through it, my wife did at home. That is what your immune system is designed to do. I don’t believe there are different variants, more Fauci nonsense to scare people. We don’t know if those who got it bad wouldn’t have died from the flu or pneumonia...
You seriously lost all credibility here in the bolded portion.

Read up on viruses. I have read a ton on them
How Do Viruses Mutate and What it Means for a Vaccine? | Breakthroughs.

Challenge 4: How do mutations cause viral evolution?

How Do Viruses Mutate and What it Means for a Vaccine? | Breakthroughs.

Viruses will always mutate they generally mutate to be less deadly and more contagious, but that isn't always the case. Viruses will also mutate to be more deadly.
That is why the flu is so different every year and far more virulent some years than others.
A virus has to mutate each time it enters a new host, mutation is how this virus got to humans from (reportedly) bats , pangolins, and (possibly) labs.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
More people that benefit off people being sick. Way too much money involved for me to believe a word of it. It’s all by design. They modify the food to get people sick so they can make money off the medicine that keeps them sick. Cancer, aids, and diabetes remain because they make more money that way. Never trust big pharma...

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
More people that benefit off people being sick. Way too much money involved for me to believe a word of it. It’s all by design. They modify the food to get people sick so they can make money off the medicine that keeps them sick. Cancer, aids, and diabetes remain because they make more money that way. Never trust big pharma...
Funny that you bring up diabetes
Type 1 diabetes is very often caused by a virus. Type 2 is largely preventable.

AIDS remains because the virus mutates so fast that it's super hard to vaccinate against . <--read this a few times and go read your prior posts about opening up now because you are literally asking for that to happen

Read up on it
HIV Vaccine: When Will We Have One?

Reactions: Maynard

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2021-4-16_13-2-53.png

OUCH! Back over 100

0.9% positives today
Hosp UP 10 from yesterday
ICU unchanged

Rolling 7 day cases
Fri-112
Thu-65
Wed-89
Tue- 102
Mon-120
Sun- 196
Sat-422

Avg of 158 up from 154.42yesterday

Rolling 7 day death count
Fri-17
Thu-7
Wed-13
Tue- 10
Mon-0
Sun- 8
Sat-5

Avg of 8.57 up from 8.42 yesterday

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Cases are not as big a concern as hospitalizations and deaths. I would hope by now those most at-risk would have taken the vaccine. If they have not, it is a personal responsibility issue.
Indeed on the bolded

But cases= future hospitalizations and deaths .

People tend to care the more about deaths(I get it) but it is the least timely of the stats. Hosp is the most immediate and that has been trending up. I think we might see an increase in cases next week

Reactions: Schrute farms

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Cases are not as big a concern as hospitalizations and deaths. I would hope by now those most at-risk would have taken the vaccine. If they have not, it is a personal responsibility issue.

I'm high risk but had it a few weeks ago and I was barely sick. I've had much worse stomach and cold flus. I will not be taking any vaccine.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'm high risk but had it a few weeks ago and I was barely sick. I've had much worse stomach and cold flus. I will not be taking any vaccine.
My advice is to look at the evidence regarding the effects of the vaccines on people who have already been infected and have antibodies. You may also want to have an antibody test done to see how strong your immunity is to the virus.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
My advice is to look at the evidence regarding the effects of the vaccines on people who have already been infected and have antibodies. You may also want to have an antibody test done to see how strong your immunity is to the virus.

Yea I was asked to take the antibody infusion but passed and it's too late now.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Indeed on the bolded

But cases= future hospitalizations and deaths .

People tend to care the more about deaths(I get it) but it is the least timely of the stats. Hosp is the most immediate and that has been trending up. I think we might see an increase in cases next week

I will disagree with you on the cases = future hospitalizations and deaths part due to the changes in circumstances we find ourselves in today . I understand the delayed reaction in terms of cases taking a while to show up as hospitalizations and deaths, but if most of the high-risk individuals have already been fully vaccinated, and most new cases are occurring in people under 30 years of age (which I believe the data shows is the case), then more cases is likely resulting in better herd immunity.

Reactions: Lt Dan

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Yea I was asked to take the antibody infusion but passed and it's too late now.
Not so much the antibody infusion. I think there is a test which can be done to show the level of antibodies in your system. Getting this test may inform your decision on whether or not to get vaccinated.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Not so much the antibody infusion. I think there is a test which can be done to show the level of antibodies in your system. Getting this test may inform your decision on whether or not to get vaccinated.

I've already made up my mind and would be pretty tough for anything to change it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad