General COVID-19 Talk #4 MOD Warning

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I got the second moderna shot last Friday, and it was fine for awhile until about 24 hours later, I felt like I had a bad hangover, fatigued etc. Symptoms didn’t last very long, about 8 hours.
Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to a day off, even if I feel okay. :)

Reactions: Schrute farms

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2021-4-6_13-29-46.png

Over 100 cases again :(
Hosp down again from 109 yesterday
ICU up from 16, but it was sooo low I really don't think it was going to get much lower

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
Had my 2nd shot last Monday, no issues whatsoever outside of a night sweat which couldve been attributed to alcohol poisoning from trying to watch the kings play ice hockey. Wife however got it bad, spent nearly 30hrs on the couch or bed with chills/fever/aches. Felt like a champ the following day though.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Had my 2nd shot last Monday, no issues whatsoever outside of a night sweat which couldve been attributed to alcohol poisoning from trying to watch the kings play ice hockey. Wife however got it bad, spent nearly 30hrs on the couch or bed with chills/fever/aches. Felt like a champ the following day though.
which shot Squirties?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Cases creeping up was expected, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. One thing OC has going for it is really good vaccination rates, so hopefully this is just settling in around a low case rate and not the beginning of something worse.

Reactions: Lt Dan

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I'm getting the J&J one on Monday. Anyone have experience with that?
actually just got it on friday, i've felt completely normal to be honest. maybe a minor headache day of, but i could probably explain that away with my caffeine usage being off schedule that day since i got a call for the vaccine on short notice

i guess my delt is a little sore where they jabbed but no more than any other injection i've ever gotten. been hanging around the house waiting to get sick but it never comes

HjPtYyP.gif

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
2 siblings and 2 in-laws got the J&J and only one of them had any kind of side effects for about a day. I got shot 1 of Pfizer on Friday and only felt a little out of sorts yesterday, but nothing debilitating.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'm getting the J&J one on Monday. Anyone have experience with that?
I think the J & J is made using dead COVID-19 virus. I think you should hold out for the Moderna or Pfizer which might give you better protection against variations of the virus.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
I’ve been on campus pretty much the whole year 730-230 as a SPED Teacher. The loosening of protocols feels really strange. Definitely an adjustment.
We're gonna send my five y/o to school in the Fall. Going to be weird since we pulled him out of preschool to start over again. He plays at the park and wears a mask so I'm getting him used to protocols. He tells other kids to keep distance and it always turns into a fun game of chase since they all start running and laughing.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I think the J & J is made using dead COVID-19 virus. I think you should hold out for the Moderna or Pfizer which might give you better protection against variations of the virus.

It's actually a DNA strand instead of RNA. They just take the DNA code for the spike protein and put it in the shell of a common deactivated virus.

Reactions: KINGS17

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
We're gonna send my five y/o to school in the Fall. Going to be weird since we pulled him out of preschool to start over again. He plays at the park and wears a mask so I'm getting him used to protocols. He tells other kids to keep distance and it always turns into a fun game of chase since they all start running and laughing.
Little ones should be ok. My high school SPED students and four other classes have been alone on campus in pods. Dealt with a lot of quarantines and some family deaths. No real spread on campus thankfully.

Now pods are gone, at 3 feet, and gen Ed students are returning. Kind wish we saved the return for August.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad