F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2021-3-3_14-17-30.png

1.6% positives today
Hosp down from 425
ICU down from 116

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
emperor-palpatine-1555323736.jpg

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
That's kind of my point. Texas with fewer restrictions has had relatively the same results as California. I don't think Texas is going from 0 to 100, probably more like 70 to 100.

Only because I am a numbers guy

Cases per M
Texas #24
California # 26

Deaths per M
Texas #24
California #30

So yes, relatively the same results

However
upload_2021-3-3_14-22-11.png

Texas could push their numbers up quickly if a few too many people yeehaw

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Only because I am a numbers guy

Cases per M
Texas #24
California # 26

Deaths per M
Texas #24
California #30

So yes, relatively the same results

However
View attachment 402897

Texas could push their numbers up quickly if a few too many people yeehaw
I like numbers as well, much more than arbitrary colors.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Let's not forget that many of the states mentioned as 'success' stories that were 'open' had pretty blatant in-the-sunshine reporting, uh, let's call them 'discrepancies' to be polite.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
No one in charge in Texas ever said it was a hoax, or it wasn't a big deal, or there couldn't be a second wave, so don't even try that lie.

The actual data shows the states with severe restrictions have fared approximately the same as the states which were more open. Even the states which were more open were not "running around business as usual". So, this is just another fallacy. There is no evidence based in data that severe lockdowns made a difference.

"No one in Texas said it" :eyeroll: They're all jerking the same chain bud, whether you care to admit it or not. You wanna think it's a great idea? Knock yourself out.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Let's not forget that many of the states mentioned as 'success' stories that were 'open' had pretty blatant in-the-sunshine reporting, uh, let's call them 'discrepancies' to be polite.
Let's not forget in the big picture, any discrepancies at this point are an insignificant amount of the total. Goes both ways as well. We know there were people who "died with covid" and the primary cause of death was something else, yet they were added to the covid death toll.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
"No one in Texas said it" :eyeroll: They're all jerking the same chain bud, whether you care to admit it or not. You wanna think it's a great idea? Knock yourself out.
Nah, you go ahead and knock yourself out. I am sure it won't cause you to suffer any long term effects.

...and I said no one in charge in Texas ever said it was a hoax, so unless you have a quote from Governor Abbott, or someone on his staff you would like to share to convince me otherwise, I will stand by my original statement.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Let's not forget in the big picture, any discrepancies at this point are an insignificant amount of the total. Goes both ways as well. We know there were people who "died with covid" and the primary cause of death was something else, yet they were added to the covid death toll.

Yeah I'll just kindly agree to disagree heavily.

Regardless the point was more if you're buying heavily on what Texas is saying/reporting you should do the same for CA. Each is it's own shitshow in a different way. Trying to paint either one as a model just reveals a rooting interest.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Yeah I'll just kindly agree to disagree heavily.

Regardless the point was more if you're buying heavily on what Texas is saying/reporting you should do the same for CA. Each is it's own shitshow in a different way. Trying to paint either one as a model just reveals a rooting interest.
The pandemic results are roughly the same. One has a more robust economy, personal freedom, schools which are open, and is starting to recover much faster than the other. Yeah, I think the choice is obvious.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
"Personal freedom" -- lmao. I think one of the things I can't stand the most about society/culture these days are these loaded phrases and all.....usually with agendas attached, forcing people into positions, painting good/bad over hot topics, etc.

What happened to the good old days of simply living with common sense and being a good person (aka, don't be an idiot and don't be a dick). That's all I really need and live by.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
"Personal freedom" -- lmao. I think one of the things I can't stand the most about society/culture these days are these loaded phrases and all.....usually with agendas attached, forcing people into positions, painting good/bad over hot topics, etc.

What happened to the good old days of simply living with common sense and being a good person (aka, don't be an idiot and don't be a dick). That's all I really need and live by.
Exactly !! DBAA!

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
or possible (low level) herd immunity

I think most of us agree that numbers have been underreported if anything, due to asymptomatic carriers. To me, between that and the vaccines (and the combination of preventative antimeasures) it won't take AS long as predicted for numbers to crater even if we don't have 'true' herd immunity.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

You can have common sense and exercise personal freedom. Myself, I would still wear a mask in crowded stores, etc. If you are uncomfortable going to places where people are not wearing masks, then don't go. It's your choice.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Nah, you go ahead and knock yourself out. I am sure it won't cause you to suffer any long term effects.

...and I said no one in charge in Texas ever said it was a hoax, so unless you have a quote from Governor Abbott, or someone on his staff you would like to share to convince me otherwise, I will stand by my original statement.
You can keep insulting me if it makes you feel better, doesn't phase me one bit.

Who should be believed, infectious disease experts that have devoted their life to this topic, or "KINGS17"? Tough f***ing choice, especially for the morons out there that believe all opinions are created equally.

Reactions: jfont

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
You can keep insulting me if it makes you feel better, doesn't phase me one bit.

Who should be believed, infectious disease experts that have devoted their life to this topic, or "KINGS17"? Tough f***ing choice, especially for the morons out there that believe all opinions are created equally.
Which experts, and which time? CDC and Fauci now say it is safe to reopen schools without vaccinations for the teachers. What is holding them up from restarting?

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Which experts, and which time? CDC and Fauci now say it is safe to reopen schools without vaccinations for the teachers. What is holding them up from restarting?

Fauci calls loosening Covid-19 restrictions inexplicable as variants threaten another surge

Fauci calls loosening Covid-19 restrictions inexplicable as variants threaten another surge - CNN

The governor of Texas says the state can reopen fully next week despite C.D.C. warnings to governors against easing restrictions.

Covid-19: Biden Says Vaccine Doses Could Be Available for All Adult Americans by End of May

"Don't try that lie"

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Fauci calls loosening Covid-19 restrictions inexplicable as variants threaten another surge

Fauci calls loosening Covid-19 restrictions inexplicable as variants threaten another surge - CNN

The governor of Texas says the state can reopen fully next week despite C.D.C. warnings to governors against easing restrictions.

Covid-19: Biden Says Vaccine Doses Could Be Available for All Adult Americans by End of May

"Don't try that lie"
CDC says schools can reopen without vaccinating teachers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/03/cdc...fely-reopen-without-vaccinating-teachers.html

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
And that has what exactly to do with Texas lifting all restrictions? You know, the topic we have been actually discussing? I realize you're old and senile and probably have a difficult time focusing, but try.
why do you get so aggro over this stuff? you're just getting the thread closed again

Reactions: KINGS17

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2