General COVID-19 Talk #4 MOD Warning

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
And that has what exactly to do with Texas lifting all restrictions? You know, the topic we have been actually discussing? I realize you're old and senile and probably have a difficult time focusing, but try.
It has everything to do with the question I asked which was, "What is the holdup with reopening the schools?"

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
why do you get so aggro over this stuff? you're just getting the thread closed again
I'm not "aggro" about anything, if he didn't want to get personal then he probably shouldn't have taken it there to begin with. He didn't have to reply to me in the first place, and certainly didn't have to be dick about it. Unsurprisingly, the crowd that loves to dish it out sure doesn't like to take it. :dunno:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
There's something comical about the guy who called me stupid and a liar liking the post blaming me for "getting the thread closed". Whatever you guys say. :thumbu:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
There's something comical about the guy who called me stupid and a liar liking the post blaming me for "getting the thread closed". Whatever you guys say. :thumbu:
No one called you a liar. However, that is exactly what you did.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
You're not doing yourself any favors either.

Knock it off all 3 of you
if i report it and keep my mouth shut like i did in the past, i get admins DMing me so it doesn't seem like i can do anything productive either way. don't put this on me.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
if i report it and keep my mouth shut like i did in the past, i get admins DMing me so it doesn't seem like i can do anything productive either way. don't put this on me.

If you don't like it, you don't have to post in the thread. RJ and I can be pretty lenient about certain discussions, but every time some big news regarding Covid comes out it ends up turning into a pissing match between posters and derails the thread. And that's not fair to a guy like LT Dan who posts daily updates because he wants to.

And I'm not trying to single you out, this is just a general statement to everyone that comes in here

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If you don't like it, you don't have to post in the thread. RJ and I can be pretty lenient about certain discussions, but every time some big news regarding Covid comes out it ends up turning into a pissing match between posters and derails the thread. And that's not fair to a guy like LT Dan who posts daily updates because he wants to.

And I'm not trying to single you out, this is just a general statement to everyone that comes in here
Sure yeah, take the side of the guy with no legs. ;-)

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Connecticut dramatically rolls back COVID restrictions, allowing full indoor dining, increased entertainment and sports capacity; travel ban lifted

Gov. Ned Lamont on Thursday announced that he will roll back COVID-related restrictions in Connecticut starting March 19, including allowing restaurants to operate at full capacity, loosening rules on sports and entertainment venues and lifting the state’s travel ban.

The state will maintain some key measures, including a mask mandate, social distancing rules, a curfew for restaurants and the closure of all bars. Restaurants, retail stores, houses of worship and other businesses will be allowed to reopen at full capacity, within the confines of the remaining rules.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
upload_2021-3-5_13-8-51.png

upload_2021-3-5_13-9-11.png

I wouldn't call these low death numbers, but they are still posting the warning

1.7% positives
Hosp down big from 379
ICU down from 97

facebook_1614980421614_6773718842297490096.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Connecticut dramatically rolls back COVID restrictions, allowing full indoor dining, increased entertainment and sports capacity; travel ban lifted

Gov. Ned Lamont on Thursday announced that he will roll back COVID-related restrictions in Connecticut starting March 19, including allowing restaurants to operate at full capacity, loosening rules on sports and entertainment venues and lifting the state’s travel ban.

The state will maintain some key measures, including a mask mandate, social distancing rules, a curfew for restaurants and the closure of all bars. Restaurants, retail stores, houses of worship and other businesses will be allowed to reopen at full capacity, within the confines of the remaining rules.

California surprisingly not too far behind:

I think I read padres can start with 8500 fans

Reactions: KINGS17

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
As a CPA and not a medical guy at all -- the article had me a bit lost on what exactly this is. My guess is this would be medicine/treatment for AFTER getting sick with a CV/SARS like virus....and it prevents you from getting the worst of it and to get better basically. I'm not sure if i'm on the right track or not. But if it is, that's just additional "potential" good news for long-term elimination of the crippling effects of this virus on society/economy, worst of those who get sick and getting everyone back to normal.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
As a CPA and not a medical guy at all -- the article had me a bit lost on what exactly this is. My guess is this would be medicine/treatment for AFTER getting sick with a CV/SARS like virus....and it prevents you from getting the worst of it and to get better basically. I'm not sure if i'm on the right track or not. But if it is, that's just additional "potential" good news for long-term elimination of the crippling effects of this virus on society/economy, worst of those who get sick and getting everyone back to normal.

The bolded is spot-on. I view this (assuming the real-world efficacy mirrors the trial results - and granted, that's far from a sure-thing) as a major positive, due to the fact that the virus is very likely going to become endemic, regardless of vaccinations. So the more effective treatments we have for it, the better...

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
lot to chew on but it's an interesting read

Therapeutically administered ribonucleoside analogue MK-4482/EIDD-2801 blocks SARS-CoV-2 transmission in ferrets | Nature Microbiology

"These comparisons suggest that the peak viral RNA copy load in ferret nasal lavages recapitulates that seen in human sputum." oh baby talk dirty to me

also not my field, but my understanding is ferret spread is an analog to human asymptomatic spread and introduction of mk-4482 lowers the viral load to a level where spread is difficult/impossible. i'm assuming this is older information compared to merck's new presser but obviously it's in-progress work

seems rick bright doesn't like this drug but there appears to be a lot of political/personal drama in play there so i'm not taking a stance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->