General COVID-19 Talk #4 MOD Warning

Token

May 15, 2019
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Does anyone know if California has anything like this anywhere in the state?

Get Access

The Mayo Clinic in Arizona first opened its monoclonal antibody infusion center on Dec. 7 in a mobile unit at its Phoenix campus treating eight patients per day, and this week moved the program to expanded space with the ability to treat more patients in an area on its Scottsdale campus that had previously been used for furniture storage. The new space allows for 30 to 50 patients per day to get infusions.

Cigna Medical Group partnered with the state, the FDA and Operation Warp Speed to launch the pilot program to provide the monoclonal antibody infusion therapy for high-risk COVID-19 patients referred by a health provider at its four urgent care facilities around the Valley.
The pilot has started at CMG’s Phoenix Central and Paseo Urgent Care sites and has initial capacity to provide two infusions a day at each location "to help free-up much needed hospital space and resources," officials said.

More data on outcomes is needed but some early research shows the monoclonal antibodies are effective at preventing hospitalizations. The idea is that they bind to the receptors of the spiked protein of the virus and block it from reproducing.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Does anyone know if California has anything like this anywhere in the state?

Get Access

The Mayo Clinic in Arizona first opened its monoclonal antibody infusion center on Dec. 7 in a mobile unit at its Phoenix campus treating eight patients per day, and this week moved the program to expanded space with the ability to treat more patients in an area on its Scottsdale campus that had previously been used for furniture storage. The new space allows for 30 to 50 patients per day to get infusions.

Cigna Medical Group partnered with the state, the FDA and Operation Warp Speed to launch the pilot program to provide the monoclonal antibody infusion therapy for high-risk COVID-19 patients referred by a health provider at its four urgent care facilities around the Valley.
The pilot has started at CMG’s Phoenix Central and Paseo Urgent Care sites and has initial capacity to provide two infusions a day at each location "to help free-up much needed hospital space and resources," officials said.

More data on outcomes is needed but some early research shows the monoclonal antibodies are effective at preventing hospitalizations. The idea is that they bind to the receptors of the spiked protein of the virus and block it from reproducing.
I can confirm that I know a guy who got the antibody infusion when he got Covid and was super sick and he lives here in SoCal. I didn't ask where though

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
It's not very well publicized locally, or nationally. I get the focus on the vaccine, but I don't see why we can't walk and chew gum at the same time.
He said it was incredible effective. He said it cured his covid the next day

I have seen ads asking for people who have recovered to donate blood for this purpose, but yes, as always it takes government to really screw things up

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
How are things down where you guys live, I'm kind of cut off, ie, small town in Canada, but 100% of my business in the States, are things closed ie shut down? Whats open? Example literally the only thing closed up here,are gyms, and salons/beauty shops, everything else is open, for either instore purchases, some are just curbside, restaurants are just take out etc.....but for me nothing really has changed since anything happened etc, but I know of at least 3-4 people who have passed from Covid.........in the states, all relatvies of people I work with etc.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
How are things down where you guys live, I'm kind of cut off, ie, small town in Canada, but 100% of my business in the States, are things closed ie shut down? Whats open? Example literally the only thing closed up here,are gyms, and salons/beauty shops, everything else is open, for either instore purchases, some are just curbside, restaurants are just take out etc.....but for me nothing really has changed since anything happened etc, but I know of at least 3-4 people who have passed from Covid.........in the states, all relatvies of people I work with etc.
Things are getting better.

I track OC numbers because LA County's site sucks and two of it's bigger cities have their own health departments. Also,the way OC and LA are tied together, it really ends up being accurate enough.
We were at 3000+ new cases a day and have been hovering just above 1000. The deaths are still pouring in .

They did just lift the Statewide stay at home order. So , we can eat outside again and get haircuts.

We next tier down and give some more freedom in about Mid Feb but this one smart guy who's numbers I follow's estimates

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I can confirm that I know a guy who got the antibody infusion when he got Covid and was super sick and he lives here in SoCal. I didn't ask where though

It's not very well publicized locally, or nationally. I get the focus on the vaccine, but I don't see why we can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Availability is a concern IIRC.

But my parents are extremely high risk--they got it and were fine nearly immediately. Made it really easy to see why more powerful figures have pretty much no fear of Covid.

Token

May 15, 2019
He said it was incredible effective. He said it cured his covid the next day

I have seen ads asking for people who have recovered to donate blood for this purpose, but yes, as always it takes government to really screw things up
Monoclonal Antibodies and Convalescent Plasma are two different therapies that don’t intersect.

Donating plasma after surviving COVID-19 creates the Convalescent Plasma treatment.

Monoclonal Antibody serums and cocktails are grown by biotech companies in bio-reactors and are classified as biologics.

The biologics have so far been very effective at stopping the disease with early administration.

Convalescent Plasma has been beneficial for hospitalized patients improve their survivability odds.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Monoclonal Antibodies and Convalescent Plasma are two different therapies that don’t intersect.

Donating plasma after surviving COVID-19 creates the Convalescent Plasma treatment.

Monoclonal Antibody serums and cocktails are grown by biotech companies in bio-reactors and are classified as biologics.

The biologics have so far been very effective at stopping the disease with early administration.

Convalescent Plasma has been beneficial for hospitalized patients improve their survivability odds.
I love it when you talk dirty to us

Just kidding this was awesome, thank you

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Worst day of deaths yet

upload_2021-1-29_12-24-14.png

Cases up from yesterday (1276)
Hosp way down from yesterday (1592)
ICU down from 439

Rolling 7 day deaths
Fri-107
Thu-29
Wed-71
Tues- 64
Mon-66
Sun-13
Sat-78

61.14 average up from 46 yesterday

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The testing positive rate coming way down bodes well, both in terms of percentages and, well, less people getting sick thinking they 'need' to confirm covid test.

There was definitely a huge spike amongst people I know over the holidays. I know that's anecdotal, but it jives with the data and narrative.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2021-2-1_12-39-9.png

New Cases the lowest in a long time
8.6% positives today
Hosp and ICU down big from Friday
Hosp was 1521 and ICU was 426

Rolling 7 day death count

Mon-47