General COVID-19 Talk #4 MOD Warning

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No. DC and Michigan are also opening up. This is politics, pure and simple. They're not even trying to hide it at this point.

California Gov. Newsom To Lift Stay At Home Orders: Report

In my previous post, I posted links that showed the C-19 numbers were either deliberately manipulated or withheld for political reasons. The WHO has, since 1/20/21, tightened the diagnostic criteria to previously accepted scientific standards. The numbers will inevitably drop, even though conditions themselves have not magically changed. Science is as politicized as journalism.

WHO Information Notice for IVD Users 2020/05

I can only show you the facts. I can't understand them for you. If you still choose to look at a wall of doctored C-19 numbers to ensure that you are dutifully afraid and submissive, then I hope you find peace in your cave of shadows.

That's...not what it says at all. Apparently you can't understand them for yourself. It's literally just a reminder to reconcile differences between patient condition and test result, and take a new sample to be safe if inconclusive.

PolitiFact - WHO did not say PCR tests grossly inflate positive test numbers

This isn't national news because the only people pushing it are discredited and absolute lunatics and/or bots.

Read the post at the top of the page before responding.

"
Be careful what you link to, treat it like the trade forum we don't want to spread bad information."

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Good news minus the deaths
upload_2021-1-25_12-14-23.png

We will hopefully be seeing new cases under 1k soon
9.6% positives today.
Hosp was at 1896 Friday
ICU was at 516 Friday, this is a HUGE drop

Mon-66
Sun-13
Sat-78
Fri-1
Thu- 38
Wed- 31
Tues- 55

the average is now 40.28, down from 50.14 on Thursday

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Man, that would be incredible news, but it lines up with three weeks after the holidays, so I guess it's kind of expected too...

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Man, that would be incredible news, but it lines up with three weeks after the holidays, so I guess it's kind of expected too...
My boss is a super smart guy and him and I crunched the numbers and were 1 day off from when the cases broke and Hosp started trending down. It was absolutely the holidays. Predictable too.

I do wonder know in hindsight how much this LA strain of Covid made things worse

Now the key is Super Bowl. Shit could get ugly again quick

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
My boss is a super smart guy and him and I crunched the numbers and were 1 day off from when the cases broke and Hosp started trending down. It was absolutely the holidays. Predictable too.

I do wonder know in hindsight how much this LA strain of Covid made things worse

Now the key is Super Bowl. Shit could get ugly again quick

Why? Are you saying most football fans aren't PhD's or something? ;)

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
It'll be the first party since New Years and the lockdown is lifted. a recipe for disaster

So people might go to an outdoor dining establishment instead of congregating inside of someone's house.

I totally understand the worry, but nothing compares to Thanksgiving and Christmas as it relates to gatherings. I don't think the lockdown had any impact on the numbers: families made the choice to still get together or not and it wasn't because you couldn't go to a restaurant or get a hair cut.

Reactions: Lt Dan and KINGS17

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
So people might go to an outdoor dining establishment instead of congregating inside of someone's house.

I totally understand the worry, but nothing compares to Thanksgiving and Christmas as it relates to gatherings. I don't think the lockdown had any impact on the numbers: families made the choice to still get together or not and it wasn't because you couldn't go to a restaurant or get a hair cut.

"People will do what they do." - Famous Italian Philosopher

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
True, if you're a moron. Unfortunately we have lots of those.
I am a make a mistake once kinda guy, and I am an idiot.

Sadly, there will be plenty if people who , despite multiple lockdowns, surges, and knowing someone who either died or got super sick will Rock out with their cock out like it was an other Superbowl.

Reactions: Bandit

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
California keeps key virus data out of public sight

As cases surged after Thanksgiving, Newsom tore up his playbook. Rather than a county-by-county approach, he created five regions and established a single measurement — ICU capacity — as the determination for whether a region was placed under a stay-at-home order.

In short order, four regions — about 98% of the state’s population — were under the restrictions after their capacity fell below the 15% threshold. A map updated daily tracks each region’s capacity.

At the start of last week, no regions appeared likely to have the stay-at-home order lifted soon because their capacity was well below 15%. But within a day, the state announced it was lifting the order for the 13-county Greater Sacramento area.

Suddenly, outdoor dining and worship services were OK again, hair and nail salons and other businesses could reopen, and retailers were allowed more shoppers inside.
Local officials and businesses were caught off guard. State officials did not describe their reasoning other than to say it was based on a projection for ICU capacity.

State health officials relied on a complex formula to project that while the Sacramento region’s intensive care capacity was below 10%, it would climb above 15% within four weeks. On Friday, it was 9%, roughly the same as when the order was lifted.

“What happened to the 15%? What was that all about?” asked Dr. George Rutherford, an epidemiologist and infectious-diseases control expert at University of California, San Francisco. “I was surprised. I assume they know something I don’t know.”

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2021-1-26_13-28-49.png

The bad : Man those deaths

The Good: everything else!!
9.85% positives today
Hosp down big from 1703 yesterday
ICU down from 447 yesterday

Tues- 64
Mon-66
Sun-13
Sat-78
Fri-1
Thu- 38
Wed- 31

The avergae is 41.57 up from 40.28 yesterday

These are the deaths announced today, the age demos and the dates of death

facebook_1611697553401_6759949495021405492.jpg

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Makes sense given we are three weeks out from New Years

This is what is most fascinating(for lack of a better word) to me

upload_2021-1-26_14-0-34.png

Despite new strains, contradictory claims on transmission , what the virus attacks and what kind of disease covid really is, etc the one thing we were told was the most true was that it was going to prey on the elderly.

A pretty damn big number today and 41% we over 85
70% were over 75
81% were over 65

Especially for the 75+ deaths , these were very very likely youth infecting this grandparents at Thanksgiving or Christmas

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2021-1-27_12-30-33.png

New cases down from 1365 yesterday
7.29 % positive tests, lowest in a LONG time
Hosp down from 1677 yesterday
ICU up from 437 yesterday

Wed-71
Tues- 64
Mon-66
Sun-13
Sat-78
Fri-1
Thu- 38

47.285 up from 41.57 yesterday

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
While i'd expect the deaths to be high considering the number of hospitalizations the past month, i'm still surprised that 8+ months in on this thing and we don't have better treatment for those in a bad way. That and a quick/cheap home testing is what's most disappointing to me (leaders-wise) in this whole thing.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Token

May 15, 2019
While i'd expect the deaths to be high considering the number of hospitalizations the past month, i'm still surprised that 8+ months in on this thing and we don't have better treatment for those in a bad way. That and a quick/cheap home testing is what's most disappointing to me (leaders-wise) in this whole thing.
You mean for the masses, knaves and peasants, right?

Plenty good treatments for the elite. Heck, some even called those treatments a “cure”.

We get Plumb Island. Terns nest there!

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2021-1-28_12-51-45.png

Deaths way down today. In fact everything down today but new cases, which are up slightly from yesterday (1038)
6.4% positive tests , which is the lowest I can remember in a while
Hosp is down from 1639 and ICU down from 448

Thu-29
Wed-71
Tues- 64
Mon-66
Sun-13
Sat-78
Fri-1

The avg is 46, down from 47.28 yesterday

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad