General COVID-19 Talk #3 NHL Qualifiers begin August 1 MOD Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
in case you missed it, SF's governor was there with a large party the next day.

If we have a seceding party will you join? I'll let you hold a torch

You definitely don't want to hear my views on breaking up the United States :laugh:

That's a whiskey conversation.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I've spent a good amount at Fender online during this period. One of the best investments was a new noise cancelling headphones (ATH-Mx50). Music only -- blocking out the dogs barking, kids, wife, etc.
I've also spent way too much time and $$$ on my front lawn & (newly done) backyard lawn. I sure hope my dogs appreciate the effort I've put into the backyard lawn when they do their daily duties.
careful with the audio stuff, one misstep and suddenly you have 5 DACs, amps and specific headphones for each genre of music

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2020-12-3_13-19-34.png

6.9% positive tests today

Hospitalization up big again from yesterday, it was 689
ICU up from 179

I am lighting up the bat signal for @HeadInjury
4ou4rq.jpg
\

Thu:8
Wed:1
Tues:0
Mon:0
Sun: 0
Sat:0
Fri: 7

Last Thu was an 11, so the avg drops to 2.28

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
careful with the audio stuff, one misstep and suddenly you have 5 DACs, amps and specific headphones for each genre of music
Well, i already have a BOSE system in each room i spend time in.....so yeah i'm likely on my way there.

Reactions: tny760

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I've spent a good amount at Fender online during this period. One of the best investments was a new noise cancelling headphones (ATH-Mx50). Music only -- blocking out the dogs barking, kids, wife, etc.
I've also spent way too much time and $$$ on my front lawn & (newly done) backyard lawn. I sure hope my dogs appreciate the effort I've put into the backyard lawn when they do their daily duties.
If you're into the blues at all I would recommend signing up at Online Blues Guitar Lessons - Learn Blues Guitar Online - Active Melody. It's like $80 for the year, dude puts out a new lesson every Friday with 10 years of back lessons available. On screen tab/notation viewer in sync with the video, jam tracks, sheet music for every lesson, multiple tempos. He's a good teacher too, follows the back chaining/chunking method that's mentioned in the book The Practice of Practice or The music Lesson by Victor Wooten (both great books for different reasons if you're into music), can't remember which.

* I am no in no way affiliated with that site.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Those are all comorbidities, but they are still getting recorded as vaccine deaths.

Those aren't comorbid. A cormorbidity is when you have a couple diseases together, like when a diabetic has high blood pressure or kidney disease. I can't think of any disease where drowning or getting bit by a cobra would be a related condition. Those obviously aren't vaccine deaths. But somehow it's put on the internet where it's picked up by like minded individuals, then it blows up.

I had a coworker tell me a few weeks ago that she wasn't going to get vaccinated for COVID for no other reason than a person died during one of the studies and she didn't want to die. I explained that he was in the placebo group and she said "So? He still died, I just read it on Facebook. I don't care what group he was in" At that point, I'm trying not to call her a knob, so I just told her good luck and moved on. It highlights how dangerous social media really can be. It's literally a breeding ground for the Dunning-Kruger effect.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Those aren't comorbid. A cormorbidity is when you have a couple diseases together, like when a diabetic has high blood pressure or kidney disease. I can't think of any disease where drowning or getting bit by a cobra would be a related condition. Those obviously aren't vaccine deaths. But somehow it's put on the internet where it's picked up by like minded individuals, then it blows up.

I had a coworker tell me a few weeks ago that she wasn't going to get vaccinated for COVID for no other reason than a person died during one of the studies and she didn't want to die. I explained that he was in the placebo group and she said "So? He still died, I just read it on Facebook. I don't care what group he was in" At that point, I'm trying not to call her a knob, so I just told her good luck and moved on. It highlights how dangerous social media really can be. It's literally a breeding ground for the Dunning-Kruger effect.
Don't try to explain. Let natural selection run its course.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

I'd call her a knob.

Token

May 15, 2019
Artur Kaliyev mentioned on Hoven’s podcast he already had The Rona this summer.

Wonder if any other guys training at TSPC did as well.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015

I was on the fence on whether i should have put a /sarc tag on that. I guess I should have.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
and here are the deaths that we have all been expecting with these high case numbers and hosp and icu rates
upload_2020-12-4_13-14-41.png

8.47% positives today
Hosp up again from 735 yesterday
ICU reaching scary levels, was 179 yesterday

Fri:17
Thu:8
Wed:1
Tues:0
Mon:0
Sun: 0
Sat:0

the avg jumps to 3.71

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I was on the fence on whether i should have put a /sarc tag on that. I guess I should have.

:laugh:

I figured you were, it just reminded me of my co-worker! We all justify things to make us feel better. I do it all the time telling myself that nachos aren't terrible for me. I guess she just does it with the bigger decisions.

Reactions: Schrute farms

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
You know it's getting bad for Newsom when a San Francisco newspaper runs an article like this one.

What I would like to know is why aren't people who work and live in crowded conditions being quarantined? If you truly want to stop the spread, a quarantine on people in working and living in these conditions is the way to do it. Shutting down barbershops and restaurants, where social distancing is being practiced, isn't going to solve this problem.

Gavin Newsom sidesteps questions on whether data supports new business closures

The first question came from Kathleen Ronayne of the Associated Press, who asked the governor, "You and the state and the counties have been tightening restrictions for weeks now, yet cases are continuing to go up, so how do you ensure that putting in place this order and shutting down more businesses doesn't just encourage more gatherings inside homes? What evidence do you have that shutting down things like barbershops is actually going to achieve what you want?"

"The evidence you ask? Very significant evidence, overwhelming evidence," Newsom replied. "And that's what we did by leading the nation as the first state with a stay-at-home order and we avoided the surge that many other states experienced, particularly larger states in that first wave. So we were able to bend the curve by using the same strategies, the same approaches of non-pharmaceutical interventions. So that's the evidence, and it was overwhelming."

The evidence is overwhelming? Really? Then how about presenting some of the evidence you have regarding cases being tracked back to restaurants and barbershops. Why are they more dangerous than Walmart or Target?

"Do you believe the damage done to your credibility is fatal?" Sovern asked. "And I'm not just speaking figuratively because as you know, that erosion of trust could literally cost lives if people don't follow directives, get sick and spread this virus. What do you have to do to win back those people who just aren't listening to you anymore or is it too late?"

LOL, it's too late. Newsom has no credibility on this issue, because he hasn't followed the science and data. Hasn't followed it when it comes to closing the schools, and hasn't followed it by targeting restaurants and barbershops.

"I'm doing my job, I'll continue to do my job, that's what I have to do," Newsom said.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You know it's getting bad for Newsom when a San Francisco newspaper runs an article like this one.

What I would like to know is why aren't people who work and live in crowded conditions being quarantined? If you truly want to stop the spread, a quarantine on people in working and living in these conditions is the way to do it. Shutting down barbershops and restaurants, where social distancing is being practiced, isn't going to solve this problem.

Gavin Newsom sidesteps questions on whether data supports new business closures

The first question came from Kathleen Ronayne of the Associated Press, who asked the governor, "You and the state and the counties have been tightening restrictions for weeks now, yet cases are continuing to go up, so how do you ensure that putting in place this order and shutting down more businesses doesn't just encourage more gatherings inside homes? What evidence do you have that shutting down things like barbershops is actually going to achieve what you want?"

"The evidence you ask? Very significant evidence, overwhelming evidence," Newsom replied. "And that's what we did by leading the nation as the first state with a stay-at-home order and we avoided the surge that many other states experienced, particularly larger states in that first wave. So we were able to bend the curve by using the same strategies, the same approaches of non-pharmaceutical interventions. So that's the evidence, and it was overwhelming."

The evidence is overwhelming? Really? Then how about presenting some of the evidence you have regarding cases being tracked back to restaurants and barbershops. Why are they more dangerous than Walmart or Target?

"Do you believe the damage done to your credibility is fatal?" Sovern asked. "And I'm not just speaking figuratively because as you know, that erosion of trust could literally cost lives if people don't follow directives, get sick and spread this virus. What do you have to do to win back those people who just aren't listening to you anymore or is it too late?"

LOL, it's too late. Newsom has no credibility on this issue, because he hasn't followed the science and data. Hasn't followed it when it comes to closing the schools, and hasn't followed it by targeting restaurants and barbershops.

"I'm doing my job, I'll continue to do my job, that's what I have to do," Newsom said.

Agreed. He was excellent at the start because he deferred to the scientific advice. But as time goes on, not showing the data that's leading to decisions is problematic at best.

cases and ICU bed utilization is of course a very important metric and one in which I agree we need to exercise caution about, like at the beginning--but like you're saying, what's informing the closure of small businesses over big businesses (the simple answer will be 'essentials' but it needs to be more transparent).

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Agreed. He was excellent at the start because he deferred to the scientific advice. But as time goes on, not showing the data that's leading to decisions is problematic at best.

cases and ICU bed utilization is of course a very important metric and one in which I agree we need to exercise caution about, like at the beginning--but like you're saying, what's informing the closure of small businesses over big businesses (the simple answer will be 'essentials' but it needs to be more transparent).
I think ICU bed utilization is a key metric. I am not as concerned about people ages 1-50 contracting COVID-19 other than them spreading the virus. If people in this age range are out and about living their lives, then they should stay away from people who are vulnerable. If they live in a household with people at risk, then they should behave as if they are at risk.

Perhaps there should be mandatory testing at businesses which have large numbers of people working in crowded conditions. This would be a good use of our tax money.

At this time I don't think anyone can claim someone's business and economic well being isn't essential. There are health issues related to these closures which are not virus related.

I think if you want to reduce the spread, it has to be done without using a shotgun approach. We know which neighborhoods are having the biggest problems and the businesses at which people in those neighborhoods are employed. Instead of wrecking the lives of restaurant owners, young kids who should be in school, etc., why not institute increased testing programs in the areas most affected? Why not contact trace and quarantine people in these areas when a positive test is confirmed?

Reactions: Schrute farms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad