General COVID-19 Talk #3 NHL Qualifiers begin August 1 MOD Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Token

May 15, 2019
becasue they had to make sure they had an effective vaccine first.
I detest asking for citations... I really do ...

I thought the $$$ Billions of our money were spent exactly to eliminate this corporate profit speculation, no?

Moderna and Pfizer have sold billions of doses of their vaccine already to dozens of countries and the EU. Pfizer seems to have a bit more capacity but has to serve EU as a primary destination for their wares.

I get the messaging, I get the exceptional velocity achieved, I don’t get why we got so little after months of steep funding.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I detest asking for citations... I really do ...

I thought the $$$ Billions of our money were spent exactly to eliminate this corporate profit speculation, no?

Moderna and Pfizer have sold billions of doses of their vaccine already to dozens of countries and the EU. Pfizer seems to have a bit more capacity but has to serve EU as a primary destination for their wares.

I get the messaging, I get the exceptional velocity achieved, I don’t get why we got so little after months of steep funding.

I'm sure I could dig something up later this evening, on the go right now.

All that time wasn't production--it was testing the vaccine for efficacy. Why would they produce millions of doses of something that doesn't work? I'm sorry but am I misinterpreting your ask?

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
You don't have to look no further than that Dotar... errr... Chlorox in Chief.

Nowhere to be found with this pandemic. No meetings with the task force. No plan. No outreach to wear masks. No leadership. Alls he is obsessing now is his election loss and how he can overturn it.

It starts at the top folks.. And all the other idiot republican public officials (ok not all but most of them) are following suit with his stupid no mask needed policy.

Worst.President.Ever.
talk about obsessed.

Reactions: KINGS17 and tny760

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
You two need to take out those blinders and stop watching OAN.

Trump is a con artist that wrecked the economy and this pandemic. Don't be a fool
i don't watch the news, and holy f*** is a "blinders" comment ironic

you just stared at a page listing a half dozen democrats flouting their own rules on multiple occasions and your response is "those damn republicans! it's all their fault!"

i could not think of a more braindead take than that and it genuinely horrifies me that you enjoy the same voting privilege that i do

Token

May 15, 2019
Why would they produce millions o
That was the point. It was a gamble funded by the government.

From the HHS website:

“Rather than eliminating steps from traditional development timelines, steps will proceed simultaneously, such as starting manufacturing of the vaccine at industrial scale well before the demonstration of vaccine efficacy and safety as happens normally. This increases the financial risk, but not the product risk.”

Fact Sheet: Explaining Operation Warp Speed

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita

Nowhere to be found with this pandemic. No meetings with the task force. No plan. No outreach to wear masks. No leadership. Alls he is obsessing now is his election loss and how he can overturn it.

It starts at the top folks.. And all the other idiot republican public officials (ok not all but most of them) are following suit with his stupid no mask needed policy.

Worst.President.Ever.

I bet you drive with your mask on haha!!!!

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Anyone who thinks one side of politicians is at fault overall or one side is "clean" is a bit blind themselves. One side ignored it and openly gave his loyal followers wack job hoax & conspiracy theories to further politicize the CV health issue. The other totally took advantage of the issue to politicize it to an extreme while being ultimate hypocrites (do as i say, not as i do) and cow-towing to PC issues that are against CDC guidelines. But enough of that crap -- they all of crap on both sides and there is no "better side".

Back to CV issues, I have to be honest -- i'm happy i am a low level at risk person and never leave the house much. Because i'm not a fan of the vaccine. I have some concerns about it and certain peoples involvement (Gates) among other things. There is a lot out there with Gates and vaccines to 3rd world countries (polio vaccines especially). Pretty bad stuff. I believe India had so many issues (some ugly stuff) that they basically said no more from his medical backed companies. So i'm gonna sit back happily and allow others to be the guinea pig (so-to-speak).

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Worst.President.Ever.
I am guessing this didn't show up on your Facebook "news" feed.

White House to host Covid-19 vaccine summit, as Trump seeks to burnish record - STAT

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Is that Gates vaccine stuff still floating around? That polio stuff was debunked a long time ago. I remember like 10 years ago when there was a big hoopla about some girls dying in a trial from some vaccine they were helping out with. Turns out they actually died from drowning, snake bites, and stuff like that. A couple were even suicides.

Amazing how persistent internet theories can be. I love this site, but if the internet was shut down for a while I wouldn't shed a tear. :laugh:

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Is that Gates vaccine stuff still floating around? That polio stuff was debunked a long time ago. I remember like 10 years ago when there was a big hoopla about some girls dying in a trial from some vaccine they were helping out with. Turns out they actually died from drowning, snake bites, and stuff like that. A couple were even suicides.

Amazing how persistent internet theories can be. I love this site, but if the internet was shut down for a while I wouldn't shed a tear. :laugh:

Those are all comorbidities, but they are still getting recorded as vaccine deaths.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Bill Gates has his fingers in so many pies it is difficult to know where he has invested some of his money.

I know his foundation has invested in distribution of the vaccine to economically disadvantaged countries.

Reactions: Lt Dan

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
If I was a bit offending for some of you, I apologize my post. A friend and coworker just died a couple of days ago and felt the need to vent.

Be that as it may, I will still post things that are relevant for this topic and my positions.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Eh, been sittin' at home on ass for the most part for the last 9 months, what's a couple more? On the bright side I've gotten out of it a new:

- LP
- Tele
- Strat
- Firebird
- UA Ox
- Fender Delux '57
- 90's era Vox AC30
- A bunch of new pedals
- An annoyed wife
Thanks Bandit, I think a little positivity and a change like this is awesome.

I got....
-New windows
-My doctor to finally refer to me an allergist after two years of asking
-A Dodgers championship
- a New toilet seat
-some really comfortable bamboo socks

Reactions: Bandit

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
There will be regional lockdowns..

So your region gets shutdown when ICU capacity falls under 15%?

Do these regions make sense to anyone?

How is more than half of the state's pop in one region?

Screen-Shot-2020-11-30-at-1.41.55-PM.png

Yet The bay area is like 10% and Sacramento are each like 10% of the pop but get their own regions?

It is time to look at seceding. I was never for it before, but our government seems to think The Bay Area and Sacramento are what matter to CA, it's Southern CA

Last edited:
Reactions: KINGS17

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I've spent a good amount at Fender online during this period. One of the best investments was a new noise cancelling headphones (ATH-Mx50). Music only -- blocking out the dogs barking, kids, wife, etc.
I've also spent way too much time and $$$ on my front lawn & (newly done) backyard lawn. I sure hope my dogs appreciate the effort I've put into the backyard lawn when they do their daily duties.

Reactions: Bandit and Lt Dan

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Remember, this is a failure of leadership all around. While it's absolute horseshit to be eating indoors at a Michelin 3-star restaurant while you're the one issuing stay-at-home orders, this is a worse dereliction of leadership:

"Do as i say, not as I do" is awful; "i'm not going to do shit because i'm a petulant manbaby and this is all on the governors" while taking chunks out of the supply chain ends in the above.

Fortunately a competent task force is ready to be mobilized and it appears that those kinks will be ironed out in short order, no thanks to the scorched earth policies of the current admin.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Remember, this is a failure of leadership all around. While it's absolute horseshit to be eating indoors at a Michelin 3-star restaurant while you're the one issuing stay-at-home orders, this is a worse dereliction of leadership:

"Do as i say, not as I do" is awful; "i'm not going to do shit because i'm a petulant manbaby and this is all on the governors" while taking chunks out of the supply chain ends in the above.

in case you missed it, SF's governor was there with a large party the next day.

If we have a seceding party will you join? I'll let you hold a torch

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad