General COVID-19 Talk #3 NHL Qualifiers begin August 1 MOD Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Token

May 15, 2019
Three days in a row of 0 deaths

Or... Three days of the coroner having a Thanksgiving weekend...

I’d expect that data to be a bit glitchy ... the testing and hospital data all goes into the central state database, but the coroner predates all that new jazz. Plus they got cold storage ...

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Or... Three days of the coroner having a Thanksgiving weekend...

I’d expect that data to be a bit glitchy ... the testing and hospital data all goes into the central state database, but the coroner predates all that new jazz. Plus they got cold storage ...
You are very very likely correct. I hear the deaths are weeks old and they are reported as covid once they are certified so

that being said....
upload_2020-12-1_13-40-30.png

4 days in a row!

The animation isn't as bad as the jokes in this, but there wasn't much to choose from

4.5% positive tests today which is
tenor.gif

Hospitalization shot up again today from 605 yesterday
ICU up from 146 yesterday

Rolling 7 day...
Tues:0
Mon:0
Sun: 0
Sat:0
Fri: 7
Thu: 11
Wed: 3

the average drops to 3 , but a rise is imminent, like when Kate Upton walks by

Reactions: Fat Elvis and Token

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
How would you rank the priority for vaccine distribution? I would go with:

1. Health care workers providing care to at-risk patients
2. At-risk patients in working or home environments which are crowded
3. Other at-risk patients
4. Other health care workers
5. Other individuals in working or home environments which are crowded

It will be interesting to see what the CDC does with this decision.

Reactions: kenito7 and Lt Dan

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
elderly -- but i'm guessing that falls under your #3 or even #2 (where applicable).

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
elderly -- but i'm guessing that falls under your #3 or even #2 (where applicable).
I see that one as #2. I only ranked the health care workers treating or assisting people in nursing homes as #1, because they are coming in contact with people outside the facility and can bring it inside the facility without realizing it.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
How would you rank the priority for vaccine distribution? I would go with:

1. Health care workers providing care to at-risk patients
2. At-risk patients in working or home environments which are crowded
3. Other at-risk patients
4. Other health care workers
5. Other individuals in working or home environments which are crowded

It will be interesting to see what the CDC does with this decision.
Nice work! You earned a Nard-Dog!
tenor.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Didn't they already have a priority schematic? Lemme check

Edit: I could have sworn there was a detailed breakdown but maybe that was by state. Most recently ACIP says this for phase 1a, which would be all the vaccines available by the end of this year:

"ACIP is considering four groups to possibly recommend for early COVID-19 vaccination if supply is limited:
  • Healthcare personnel
  • Workers in essential and critical industries
  • People at high risk for severe COVID-19 illness due to underlying medical conditions
  • People 65 years and older"
of which the article i read pointed out it was basically healthcare personnel and nursing home workers that would eat the entire first 20 million+. From there they're working on the 2nd group, which could include teachers, police, etc.

First Covid vaccines to be offered to health workers, nursing homes, CDC panel says

Last edited:
Reactions: Token

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
S.F. Mayor London Breed had her own French Laundry party - the night after Gavin Newsom's

"It’s just the latest example of a politician not exactly practicing what they keep preaching. When Newsom attended his French Laundry dinner for lobbyist Jason Kinney’s 50th birthday, the party of 12 certainly included more than three households. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi got her hair done in San Francisco while salons were ordered closed.
San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo told people to avoid big gatherings for Thanksgiving, but attended his elderly parents’ holiday dinner in Saratoga with other relatives from five households. Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl voted to ban outdoor dining last week — and hours later was spotted dining outside at an Italian restaurant in Santa Monica."

brutal

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
S.F. Mayor London Breed had her own French Laundry party - the night after Gavin Newsom's

"It’s just the latest example of a politician not exactly practicing what they keep preaching. When Newsom attended his French Laundry dinner for lobbyist Jason Kinney’s 50th birthday, the party of 12 certainly included more than three households. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi got her hair done in San Francisco while salons were ordered closed.
San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo told people to avoid big gatherings for Thanksgiving, but attended his elderly parents’ holiday dinner in Saratoga with other relatives from five households. Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl voted to ban outdoor dining last week — and hours later was spotted dining outside at an Italian restaurant in Santa Monica."

brutal
...and they will all be re-elected. Just a case of people deserving the government they get.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Yeah, Moderna on the rocks, and Doc make it a double.

‘Absolutely remarkable’: No one who got Moderna’s vaccine in trial developed severe COVID-19

Continuing the spate of stunning news about COVID-19 vaccines, the biotech company Moderna announced the final results of the 30,000-person efficacy trial for its candidate in a press release today: Only 11 people who received two doses of the vaccine developed COVID-19 symptoms after being infected with the pandemic coronavirus, versus 185 symptomatic cases in a placebo group. That is an efficacy of 94.1%, the company says, far above what many vaccine scientists were expecting just a few weeks ago.

More impressive still, Moderna’s candidate had 100% efficacy against severe disease. There were zero such COVID-19 cases among those vaccinated, but 30 in the placebo group. The company today plans to file a request for emergency use authorization (EUA) for its vaccine with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is also seeking a similar green light from the European Medicines Agency.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah, Moderna on the rocks, and Doc make it a double.

‘Absolutely remarkable’: No one who got Moderna’s vaccine in trial developed severe COVID-19

Continuing the spate of stunning news about COVID-19 vaccines, the biotech company Moderna announced the final results of the 30,000-person efficacy trial for its candidate in a press release today: Only 11 people who received two doses of the vaccine developed COVID-19 symptoms after being infected with the pandemic coronavirus, versus 185 symptomatic cases in a placebo group. That is an efficacy of 94.1%, the company says, far above what many vaccine scientists were expecting just a few weeks ago.

More impressive still, Moderna’s candidate had 100% efficacy against severe disease. There were zero such COVID-19 cases among those vaccinated, but 30 in the placebo group. The company today plans to file a request for emergency use authorization (EUA) for its vaccine with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is also seeking a similar green light from the European Medicines Agency.

It's so good that just about every one of these vaccines is coming back super effective on various levels.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

brutal
We need to put a proposition on the ballot where we can find or imprison elected officials for not following their own rules

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
We should storm the Bastille in San Francisco! Heads on a stick!!
seriously though what is the count on this since Covid of just CA politicians
-Newsom not paying taxes on his house
-" keeping his winery open while others closed
-" French Laundry
-Pelosi and hair gate
- SF mayor and French Laundry
- Sheila the LA Supervisor eating out after banning it
upload_2020-12-2_9-28-24.jpeg
upload_2020-12-2_9-28-24.png.
LA County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl Dines At Santa Monica Restaurant After Approving Dining Ban
22 hours ago

upload_2020-12-2_9-28-24.png.
After voting for dining ban, supervisor dines out at SoCal restaurant
1 day ago

upload_2020-12-2_9-28-24.jpegFOX 11 Los Angeles.
LA County Supervisor dines at restaurant hours after voting to ban outdoor dining
1 day ago

Web results

LA County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl Dines At Santa Monica ...

losangeles.cbslocal.com › 2020/12/01 › la-county-supe...

23 hours ago — Kuehl reportedly dined outdoors at Il Forno Trattoria in Santa Monica on Nov. ... By a 3-2 vote, the L.A. County Board of Supervisors upheld the ban, which ... “Outdoor dining is probably mo

I am sure I am missing a bunch

Token

May 15, 2019
Thing that keeps me up at night;

Moderna got a swell $1 Billion way back in March/April timeframe from the Warp Speed initiative through the NIH, supposedly to offset the risk of large-scale manufacturing before FDA approval. That was the official statement by the government.

So, if they have been full-on scaling their manufacturing for 7 months and pumping as many doses as they physically can ... why we only have 20M doses in mid/late December?

There is some creative maths going on in the background that don’t quite add up.

Even if 20M doses is the monthly capacity, that’s 10M people vaccinated per month —> 3 years before we stick everyone twice in the arm.

Need more faster.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Thing that keeps me up at night;

Moderna got a swell $1 Billion way back in March/April timeframe from the Warp Speed initiative through the NIH, supposedly to offset the risk of large-scale manufacturing before FDA approval. That was the official statement by the government.

So, if they have been full-on scaling their manufacturing for 7 months and pumping as many doses as they physically can ... why we only have 20M doses in mid/late December?

There is some creative maths going on in the background that don’t quite add up.

Even if 20M doses is the monthly capacity, that’s 10M people vaccinated per month —> 3 years before we stick everyone twice in the arm.

Need more faster.

They haven't started large-scale manufacturing yet becasue they had to make sure they had an effective vaccine first. And keep in mind those are end-of-dec numbers--Pfizer says 50 million, Moderna 20. That's why everyone is gearing up for Spring, ramp up is starting now

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
-" French Laundry
-Pelosi and hair gate
View attachment 377874
View attachment 377875.
LA County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl Dines At Santa Monica Restaurant After Approving Dining Ban
22 hours ago
View attachment 377877
View attachment 377879.
1 day ago
View attachment 377876
View attachment 377878FOX 11 Los Angeles.
LA County Supervisor dines at restaurant hours after voting to ban outdoor dining
1 day ago
Web results

23 hours ago — Kuehl reportedly dined outdoors at Il Forno Trattoria in Santa Monica on Nov. ... By a 3-2 vote, the L.A. County Board of Supervisors upheld the ban, which ... “Outdoor dining is probably mo

Supervisor Kuehl is so tone deaf. Literally telling the rest of the board it is so very important to close outdoor dining due to how dangerous it is. Then dines out and has her spokesperson responds to questions about it with, "well she did it while it was still legal." An 80 year old woman, who is by definition the most at risk person for dying from the virus, going against what she says is really dangerous. Its action like this, as well as, the actions of the other nanny politicians that makes most Americans doubt the veracity of their claims of how dangerous this is in the first place. Its as if they feel their political office is a special immunity barrier to disease.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
-" French Laundry
-Pelosi and hair gate
View attachment 377874
View attachment 377875.
22 hours ago
View attachment 377877
View attachment 377879.
1 day ago
View attachment 377876
View attachment 377878FOX 11 Los Angeles.
1 day ago
Web results

adding in

the city of austin's public health messaging was that "families will be devastated" if you went to thanksgiving, but they flew to mexico...

San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo attended Thanksgiving gathering that violated state's rules

if you aren't living your life, the joke is on you

and I remembered this while I was taking a dump

California lawmakers head to Maui with lobbyists despite pandemic, travel warnings

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Supervisor Kuehl is so tone deaf. Literally telling the rest of the board it is so very important to close outdoor dining due to how dangerous it is. Then dines out and has her spokesperson responds to questions about it with, "well she did it while it was still legal." An 80 year old woman, who is by definition the most at risk person for dying from the virus, going against what she says is really dangerous. Its action like this, as well as, the actions of the other nanny politicians that makes most Americans doubt the veracity of their claims of how dangerous this is in the first place. Its as if they feel their political office is a special immunity barrier to disease.
I don't wish Kuehl ill, but she is tempting the gods of irony and poetic justice.

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
You don't have to look no further than that Dotar... errr... Chlorox in Chief.

Nowhere to be found with this pandemic. No meetings with the task force. No plan. No outreach to wear masks. No leadership. Alls he is obsessing now is his election loss and how he can overturn it.

It starts at the top folks.. And all the other idiot republican public officials (ok not all but most of them) are following suit with his stupid no mask needed policy.

Worst.President.Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad