TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy hell, this Volleyball show is flashback centre. Really kills the pace in some episodes, does it improve by any chance?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Do they literally have some episodes where it's all flash back? I remember Tenjou Tenge did that and I f***ing HATED it. Doesn't help that the main guy in the first two episodes became a side character and was replaced by a pure shit character who got the main chick... for no f***ing reason.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Also, Index Season III might be one of the most baffling awful shows I've ever seen. Tonally all over the place and so much skipping that you have legit no f***ing clue what is going on.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Do they literally have some episodes where it's all flash back? I remember Tenjou Tenge did that and I ****ing HATED it. Doesn't help that the main guy in the first two episodes became a side character and was replaced by a pure **** character who got the main chick... for no ****ing reason.
No, it's worst than that, almost every single episode has at least a three minute flashback to show an "overcoming" for a particular character and even the secondary players have gotten flashbacks. And I can tell that ones who haven't gotten them yet will in the future. There were certain scenes which had some foreshadowing clues.

I mean entire flashback episodes aren't that bad, HxH had a couple and all you do is fast-forward them. The worst is when there are multiple flashbacks where in some episode there have been (in the preseason games). FTR the show I am talking about is Haikyu!!, since I've been calling it volleyball show until now. Still, it has been fairly good and I've enjoyed it even with me complaining about it (on episode 19th or so in 1st season where they're playing the dude who's really good at serving the ball).

Also for the people who have watch them, are the Hunter x Hunter movies worth watching? I skipped on them the first time around because I thought they were retold arcs in just a movie format, but I did some googling and found out that even though they're not canon they are original storylines.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Holy hell, this Volleyball show is flashback centre. Really kills the pace in some episodes, does it improve by any chance?

Haikyuu??

Edit: just saw you name it in the other post. And yes it gets very very good. You will enjoy that character building/flashbacks when you are finished watching.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
These One Punch Man trailers have me really worried about the quality.

There's been talk that it's sounded like a production nightmare for a long time. There was a leak last year that said it was going to air in 2020, but turns out the actual report was supposed to be "it looks like it shouldn't air until 2020." The source material for this part of the manga isn't as good either, so... might end up being bad all around. The first season was a straight miracle of industry collaboration that was never going to happen again, but, yea, season 2 sounds like it might be barely functional?7

Luckily Mob exists.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There's been talk that it's sounded like a production nightmare for a long time. There was a leak last year that said it was going to air in 2020, but turns out the actual report was supposed to be "it looks like it shouldn't air until 2020." The source material for this part of the manga isn't as good either, so... might end up being bad all around. The first season was a straight miracle of industry collaboration that was never going to happen again, but, yea, season 2 sounds like it might be barely functional?7

Luckily Mob exists.

I wish Bones somehow got it after watching MOB.

I have been catching up a bit on the behind the scenes rumors too. Some people claiming only the first two episodes are done, and some worry we could see a really disjointed release schedule.

This could end up being a lot like early Drsgon Ball Super.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I wish Bones somehow got it after watching MOB.

I have been catching up a bit on the behind the scenes rumors too. Some people claiming only the first two episodes are done, and some worry we could see a really disjointed release schedule.

This could end up being a lot like early Drsgon Ball Super.

Well, I mean, it was Bones animators who did a bunch of the pivotal scenes in the first season to begin with, but I still credit Madhouse a lot for actually putting it all together. They had a director that people wanted to work with, and they somehow managed to schedule things that allowed for people from all over the industry to contribute. JC Staff doesn't seem like they were able to do the same.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well, I mean, it was Bones animators who did a bunch of the pivotal scenes in the first season to begin with, but I still credit Madhouse a lot for actually putting it all together. They had a director that people wanted to work with, and they somehow managed to schedule things that allowed for people from all over the industry to contribute. JC Staff doesn't seem like they were able to do the same.

Isn’t that same director at Bones now?

In its defense this doesn’t look Berserk bad at least.

Last edited:

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Yes

Double Yes

OPM S2 died for this. This is the price we pay for all these announcements as of late.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Idk if this is a correct place to post this but whatever it’s midnight I’m bored and tired.

Anime is cool, started watching back in January since I was tired of watching the same crap on YouTube constantly, and it’s been pretty cool. I’ve been hesitant on trying out new shows (like I’ve always been with TV. I mean the only TV shows I like are “The Office” and “Parks and Rec”) so if y’all have recommendations that would be dope. I’ll leave a list of ones I’ve already seen with a rating of what I’ve thought of the series.

Sword Art Online 6/10 - First episodes were pretty good, but good god 2nd half of it got weird.
Sword Art Online II 5/10 - Pretty meh, last couple of eps were fun to watch.
Fairy Tail 7/10 - Juvia is the best.
Violet Evergarden 10/10 - Still my favorite, great characters, one of the few things of entertainment wise that actually made me cry (Episode 11), jeez it’s really good.
Your Lie in April 7/10 - I freaking thought it was a comedy and it ends up being super sad wth.
Attack on Titan 9/10 - I wanted to wait a bit before getting into this show cause I heard it was really good, and it surely did not disappoint.
Himouto! Umaru-Chan 7/10 - My sister who’s a fan of anime showed me this one, and it’s pretty funny, anytime Sylphyn shows up it’s hilarious.
Wagnaria!!/Working!! 8/10 - Now this is easily the funniest anime I’ve watched, good group of characters (Satou, and Yamanda are the best IMO) just really funny.
Toradora! 3/10 - This was not intended for me lol, I thought it was a comedy, but it’s just a high school drama lol. Main character is pretty cool though.

So yeah those are the only ones I’ve seen so far, I’ve rewatched a couple of them like Violet Evergarden like 4 times, Your lie in April, and Wagnaria twice. But yeah I wouldn’t mind some suggestions for some good ones for me to check out. :thumbu:

Reactions: oil Leaks

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Idk if this is a correct place to post this but whatever it’s midnight I’m bored and tired.

Anime is cool, started watching back in January since I was tired of watching the same crap on YouTube constantly, and it’s been pretty cool. I’ve been hesitant on trying out new shows (like I’ve always been with TV. I mean the only TV shows I like are “The Office” and “Parks and Rec”) so if y’all have recommendations that would be dope. I’ll leave a list of ones I’ve already seen with a rating of what I’ve thought of the series.

Sword Art Online 6/10 - First episodes were pretty good, but good god 2nd half of it got weird.
Sword Art Online II 5/10 - Pretty meh, last couple of eps were fun to watch.
Fairy Tail 7/10 - Juvia is the best.
Violet Evergarden 10/10 - Still my favorite, great characters, one of the few things of entertainment wise that actually made me cry (Episode 11), jeez it’s really good.
Your Lie in April 7/10 - I freaking thought it was a comedy and it ends up being super sad wth.
Attack on Titan 9/10 - I wanted to wait a bit before getting into this show cause I heard it was really good, and it surely did not disappoint.
Himouto! Umaru-Chan 7/10 - My sister who’s a fan of anime showed me this one, and it’s pretty funny, anytime Sylphyn shows up it’s hilarious.
Wagnaria!!/Working!! 8/10 - Now this is easily the funniest anime I’ve watched, good group of characters (Satou, and Yamanda are the best IMO) just really funny.
Toradora! 3/10 - This was not intended for me lol, I thought it was a comedy, but it’s just a high school drama lol. Main character is pretty cool though.

So yeah those are the only ones I’ve seen so far, I’ve rewatched a couple of them like Violet Evergarden like 4 times, Your lie in April, and Wagnaria twice. But yeah I wouldn’t mind some suggestions for some good ones for me to check out. :thumbu:

Nice reviews :thumbu:
Your review of SAO is spot on lol. Got kinda weird, more like EDGE.
Coming into You Lie in April thinking its comedy, feels bad man.

Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad