TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Ok I'm watching Parasyte the Maxim for the second time and I'm just loving it. But I have a question for you guys who have seen the show:

How and why Kana has the power to sense parasytes? I tried to google it quickly and came up with nothing. How did she acquire this power?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Has anyone read any Fire Force at all? From the Soul Eater author and getting an anime next season, so I'm curious.

Last edited:

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Anime is cool. I'm having a great week for it.
ST4869p.jpg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So finished a round of Rom-Coms the last couple of months.

- Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl
- Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
- Month Girls' Nozaki (most recent)
- Toradora!

My favourite of the list is by far Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl, thought the characters and sci-fi portions where the ones that drew my interest the most (love almost everything about it). Second is Toradora! which I probably gave a review in the past. Third is Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions because I thought it was the most creative, but the character design and how young the actual people were turned me off a bit. Fourth is Month Girls, but not because it is bad. I just don't see any type of story-line, a lot of unrealistic entanglement between characters, however I thought it had the most natural humor of all four shows - definitely was the funniest for me.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I recently bought all of Chunibyo on BR (I technically bought the 2nd season twice without noticing :laugh:). I really liked the first season I watched a while ago and I want to watch more.

Bunny Girl is legit awesome and would love to own it.

Toradora still might be my favorite rom-com, especially since it really goes into drama way more than the others.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy smokes where the hell has Mob Psycho been all my life? Finished season one yesterday and that was a 10 out of 10 easily for me. If I have a complaint, it is a minor one and that the show becomes more serious the more they talk about the Claw Organisation. I wanted to keep it more humorous and light instead of bringing extravagant battle scenes.

Is Bones the same production who made OPM? I see a lot of Saitama Easter Eggs in the show. Also do we know who the manga artist is who made OPM and Mob? All I see on Wiki is his name is One.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
So One Piece is going with a different art direction for the Wano arc, and it's a ridiculous step up from before. I really hope this isn't temporary. Watch the latest episode that came out today.

I hated what one piece had become as an anime because of the animation and pacing, but this latest episode had me in shock with how good it was.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The last One Piece arc was really solid but this episode was on another level. It has been a pretty hype arc to read as well.

In other news the first 10 minutes of Wvangelion 3.0+1.0 premiered at a live even t yesterday.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Granbelm had the best start to an anime I've seen in ages. the Mecha genre has been dying for me and Granbelm put some excitement in it. With this and the 5th season of Symphogear, anime is suddenly fun for me lol.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Other than Takagi 2 being in Netflix jail this season seems very good.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Recently read and pretty terrible news, but it sounds like Food Wars! manga will be ending in 2019 if it hasn't already (not sure because I am avoiding spoilers). Quite disappointing because it was only 300 or so chapters long and it could've easily reached 500. You could do so much with that type of manga, like have him go through the three years of high school and have him reach #1 spot while also finding his future wife - picture all the sagas you can have with in those two extra years. Additionally, you can have an ending arc of the whole gang starting their own restaurants and whatnot. Like I said I haven't read any of the manga because I don't want spoilers, but just disappointed because I am waiting for the next season and it seems we won't be getting any of that for a show as good as this one is.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Attack on titan has gotten better every season. This really feels like one of those special Animes that I'll go back and rewatch a couple times after it's over.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Watching the first episode of Vinland Saga. Damn

Definitely one to watch this season. Great pick up by Wit Studios, they have it looking amazing so far. A historic "war is hell"-minded viking saga animated by the studio that did Attack on Titan, what's not to love?

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Definitely one to watch this season. Great pick up by Wit Studios, they have it looking amazing so far. A historic "war is hell"-minded viking saga animated by the studio that did Attack on Titan, what's not to love?

Yeah wonderfully animated and it already has the feeling of going to be super good. Watched 2 of the 3 episodes so far.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Sad news. Sounds like a 40-something lunatic has been arrested for setting fire to the KyoAni studios.

Arson does not go over well in Japan, so this guy is probably done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad