WWE: GDT: Wrestlemania 39

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I can see now that they've got more stories to tell with The Bloodline. Like the Usos leaving the faction. I think Roman has to "alone" when he drops the belt. I can the narrative in that. "You're nothing without us, Uce."

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Main Event Jey is the only one that can dethrone Roman. It is how Romans reign should have always ended.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Phew, I lucked out and only went to night 1 (plus NXT). Fantastic time and for some reason the people next to me only sat in their seats for Charlotte/Rhea.

There were the obligatory religious protestors near the entrance at SoFi. Everybody understandably was ignoring them, but I couldn't help but yell "WHAT" as I passed them. Everybody else then joined in and I was overly proud.

Reactions: Fro

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’m really, really debating going to Philly next year.

Or depending where 41 is, maybe then. Who knows? I wonder when that will be announced. (Hoping for Vegas)

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Phew, I lucked out and only went to night 1 (plus NXT). Fantastic time and for some reason the people next to me only sat in their seats for Charlotte/Rhea.

There were the obligatory religious protestors near the entrance at SoFi. Everybody understandably was ignoring them, but I couldn't help but yell "WHAT" as I passed them. Everybody else then joined in and I was overly proud.
I have to ask. What were they protesting a wrestling show for?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It will most likely be 41 if it’s in Vegas/Nashville/somewhere sweet

I'd love to see them run the Skydome again now that it has been renovated. I narrowly missed going to WM X8 and to this day it's one of my biggest regrets.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I'd love to see them run the Skydome again now that it has been renovated. I narrowly missed going to WM X8 and to this day it's one of my biggest regrets.
I’ve been live at tons of WWE events over the years but WM18 was still the best. Rock vs Hogan was the most insane crowd I’ve ever been apart of. Wrestlemania back in Toronto needs to happen

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

These people protest everything. Concerts, Comic Cons, etc. Maybe protest isn't the best word, they just go to wherever there's a crowd to "spread" their message.

Maybe next time WWE is in town everyone should go outside of the church just to let them know The Bloodline is in their city lol

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Whose fault is that?

I'd say it's the guy who barely shows up to work despite holding the two most important belts hostage.
I don't know, I'm not assigning fault. It was a legit question, not rhetorical, because I think I missed watching/reading about some Raw and Smackdown episodes.

Just curious if it's the least amount of interaction between two Wrestlemania main eventers. I feel like it might have even been less interaction than the Rock-Cena main events or any of part-time Lesnar's main events.

Reactions: EverettMike

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
It was great having Roman win. Most people thought that it would have been Cody going over and I love how unpredictable it is. That is what wrestling should be more about.

Roman can now be led with two storylines; he can disown the Uso’s for losing the belts and he didn’t. Create more turmoil there. Also you can turn Cody more of a heel now and have him chase after Roman but in a much more aggressive and spiteful way. Have Cody play the good bad guy role.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
It was great having Roman win. Most people thought that it would have been Cody going over and I love how unpredictable it is. That is what wrestling should be more about.

Roman can now be led with two storylines; he can disown the Uso’s for losing the belts and he didn’t. Create more turmoil there. Also you can turn Cody more of a heel now and have him chase after Roman but in a much more aggressive and spiteful way. Have Cody play the good bad guy role.

9d87f164-efdc-4dfd-9fe1-14f2fa754c54_text.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

They ain’t never writing Cody that way

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yep, I’m still happy today.
I walked into a physicians office this morning to 3 gigantic prints on the wall: Gronkowski catching an over the shoulder TD in the Seahawks superbowl, David Ortiz admiring a bomb against the Yankees, and a net cam photo of Dave Bolland edging the Stanley Cup winner by Rask. Turns out the owner of the practice tried getting a gig with the Bruins and they rejected him, so he went on to work for the Lightning. Those 3 photos are part of some high quality petty sports fan bullshit. I respected the power move even though it burned me up inside.

Then I left the office and remembered that Cody Rhodes lost. It's a great Monday.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I walked into a physicians office this morning to 3 gigantic prints on the wall: Gronkowski catching an over the shoulder TD in the Seahawks superbowl, David Ortiz admiring a bomb against the Yankees, and a net cam photo of Dave Bolland edging the Stanley Cup winner by Rask. Turns out the owner of the practice tried getting a gig with the Bruins and they rejected him, so he went on to work for the Lightning. Those 3 photos are part of some high quality petty sports fan bullshit. I respected the power move even though it burned me up inside.

Then I left the office and remembered that Cody Rhodes lost. It's a great Monday.
Hahahahaha!

I have the day off today, so my day is extra awesome. Sitting back, coffee baileys, seeing geeks crying on twitter. Life is swell.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Did they Lex Luger Cody Rhodes last night? I feel like this was totally a missed opportunity to create an iconic Wrestlemania moment and a mega star in one.

The Roman Reigns experience:

- 50 near falls, 1% of which are actually believable.
- Ref bump
- Uso/Solo interference
- Romanwinslol

I mean, I get that he’s a heel and in the midst of an “historically dominant” run…but surely you can’t continue with this shit for another year.

Reactions: EverettMike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad