WWE: GDT: Wrestlemania 39

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The women's tag team showcase on night 2 was really weird, two women won, one of whom was clearly not cleared to wrestle, hence the one move she did. The other one was either injured already or got injured during the match.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Miller putting Simon Miller over:

Simon said they put a numbing agent on Balor's head and stapled the gash together.

Last edited:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
The more I think about it, the more I think Cody should have won last night. Although if we go back in time even further, Zayn was the guy.

Reactions: EverettMike

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I still kind of wish Asuka won, but Bianca is clearly for the kids, so whatever, let the kids have this one. She is creating a whole new generation of wrestling fans

That little girl, her mom died yesterday morning. Insisted on doing the entrance

• Wow
Reactions: Jussi

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Roman winning last night was the right call.

When was the last time you watched a movie where the protagonist moweed everybody down and then beat the bad guy like he was nothing?

It doesn't happen, the good guy has to lose before they can win.

Case in point Bane breaks Batman's back

Doomsday kills superman

Scar kills Mufausa and becomes king.

And the Avengers get dominated by Thanos in infinity war before winning at the end of End Game.

The good guy doesn't just walk through the bad guy, they have to have that moment of failure.

Up to last night Cody hadn't had that, he walked through everybody.

Now we get the redemption arc where in the end the hero wins.

Cody should win and will win but last night wasn't the time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Here is fantastic journalism in wrestling. The best gimmick in the business is people insisting on blaming WWE for choosing to be miserable.

Attachments

• 6530541E-7999-4511-B7A5-78BF4060AEBD.jpeg
    6530541E-7999-4511-B7A5-78BF4060AEBD.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 3
  • CC650CC7-28EC-4D99-BA80-A075AE697DC4.jpeg
    CC650CC7-28EC-4D99-BA80-A075AE697DC4.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 4

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
I'm pretty casual about wrestling and even im tired of Roman but I also hate neck tattoos so I was fine with either outcome last night. I don't know why people are losing their mind about the Roman win, the bloodlines story needs an ending and that wasn't going to be it. They played this whole thing out for a long time, a single loss wouldn't end it no matter how much people want it to. If Roman loses but the Tribal chief gimmick goes on then hes just going to win the belt right back and people will be even more pissy. The story needs a proper ending for Romans run to be over.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Gritty doesn’t have the same panache around town since the Flyers are an abject shithouse
I feel like the Vancouver Canucks and Philadelphia Flyers are like the Spider-Man pointing at Spider-Man meme except Philly won shit in the past.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Everyone is like “well, if not cody, then who?”

It’s going to be Cody.

They had my attention, they did a great job of getting my attention, but they chose to milk the story past it's logical conclusion so now I don't care anymore and there isn't much they can do the get me to care again. While there may be people who don't feel this way, the amount that do is going to be large enough so-as to make it impossible to re-peak the story at a later time. They missed the moment and it's not coming back.

TBH this hurts Roman even more that it hurts Cody. They had the perfect setup to give him a perfect ending to an epic heel run, but now he's probably end up dropping the title to Bron Breaker at a B level PLE in a match most people don't care about.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t get how we got to the point where this was the means to an end? If anything, the logical end was in Montreal and they peaked at the wrong time.

People thinking they’re too smart to be getting worked.

Reactions: TheShape

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
At this point it seems a MITB steal the title type of loss may be coming for Roman unless between now and Puerto Rico Jey is pushed to the brink and costs Roman the title.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
At this point it seems a MITB steal the title type of loss may be coming for Roman unless between now and Puerto Rico Jey is pushed to the brink and costs Roman the title.
I actually can see Cody winning MITB and cashing it in up front for a match at Summerslam where he wins the title. They can build the story that Cody knows he can beat Roman 1 on 1 and since he’s getting the big baby face push, he does the “ honourable thing “ and set up the SS main event well in advance. I think after the WM loss, a program with Lesnar and a MITB win that it will mean much more seeing him finally get the belt

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I actually can see Cody winning MITB and cashing it in up front for a match at Summerslam where he wins the title. They can build the story that Cody knows he can beat Roman 1 on 1 and since he’s getting the big baby face push, he does the “ honourable thing “ and set up the SS main event well in advance. I think after the WM loss, a program with Lesnar and a MITB win that it will mean much more seeing him finally get the belt
More than winning it at Wrestlemania last week? I bet everything in my life that nothing will mean more than it would have last week.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
More than winning it at Wrestlemania last week? I bet everything in my life that nothing will mean more than it would have last week.
It will mean more in the long run cause had he won at Wrestlemania it would have been pushing him to the top way too soon and I think he would have become another Cena or Roman that the fans get sick of and turn on the baby face. This way the story grows with a long term booking and the payoff becomes way better. Roman being this close to 1000 days as champion is something that had to happen cause he’s so close. Beating a guy who’s been champ for over 1000 days just sounds better

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
It will mean more in the long run cause had he won at Wrestlemania it would have been pushing him to the top way too soon and I think he would have become another Cena or Roman that the fans get sick of and turn on the baby face. This way the story grows with a long term booking and the payoff becomes way better. Roman being this close to 1000 days as champion is something that had to happen cause he’s so close. Beating a guy who’s been champ for over 1000 days just sounds better
I hope you're right but I just don't see it capturing the magical type of crowd reaction it seemed to be getting at Wrestlemania.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad