GDT: God Damn Press Conference day!

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Well at least he knows. He has so much potential just needs to stop playing like a dumb ass. If anyone can help him it’s Q

Thats a long time to evaluate. While he is contemplating and evaluating lock him in a god damn room with video of defenders like mark giordano on loop so he can actually learn something.

Better yet ship him off to finland for the summer and have him spend 2 hours on the ice every day trying to defend against barkov 1 on 1.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
@cowboy82nd

View attachment 210809 View attachment 210811

There ya go. Like I said, take it with a grain of salt but that would be sweet to have a rink downtown, itd attract a lot more people but @PSLguy would be pisssed!!

Not to rain on this; it'd be cool if it happens. But as a former grant proposal writer, (who's had his fair share of proposals rejected) just want to say there's a huuuuge difference between proposing an idea and having it accepted/put into action. Again, it's cool there's an effort out there trying for it though and hope they get it.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I am glad some fans will feel better, but we wont agree on the reality of the full situation.

A lot of smoke was going on around the franchise at the time, and many things were blown way out of proportion.
No they weren’t. A lot of things were undersold actually. I don’t think you realize the turmoil and damgE that was dons

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Not to rain on this; it'd be cool if it happens. But as a former grant proposal writer, (who's had his fair share of proposals rejected) just want to say there's a huuuuge difference between proposing an idea and having it accepted/put into action. Again, it's cool there's an effort out there trying for it though and hope they get it.

I think city of Fort Lauderdale officials would bend over backwards to approve a new arena downtown. Based on recent pro-development stance (look at the all the cranes in downtown) they are trying to transition the city to a hub similar to Miami with 24-7 live/work/play mentality.

Reactions: BeezKnees

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
At least there's plenty of room to rollercoast since a lot of folks have cancelled season tickets etc.

I don't think Boughner was an issue but at least the replacement isn't Rowe again. Probably gets fans buy an extra ticket or two. There's still plenty of other issues to be fixed and this one imo was the least of Cats' worries.

It'll be interesting what type of defense the Cats will have in December if all of them should be more or less doghoused under Q's modus operandi.

Love the positive vibes!! :help:

patthebat

Sep 2, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
Maybe announcing for a new stadium for 202x and plans to move ? This seems like the only thing worth a press conference. I agree they would not hold something for a jersey. Maybe a ft. Lauderdale or other location as a test bed ?

I guess we will find out.
There is no place for a new arena in Ft laud. The area that they are talking about is where the Parker Playhouse is( about 2000 seats). It is, I THINK, part of Holiday Park , which, I THINK, is owned by the City of Ft Laud. And the City will not give up all of Holiday Park. Parker needs to be replaced. Its about 50 yrs old ( not really sure about that,but close enough) IF a new arena will be built there( Holiday Park MUST go), traffic will be a nightmare. There are only 2 major roads, Sunrise Bvld., and US 1. Both are about 80% capacity( even when I come home from the games , around 11PM) I-95 is about 2-3 miles west of here. So, just a new practice rink and maybe anew Parker Playhouse. I'll post a google earth map to show you the area that they are talking about.
upload_2019-4-8_11-29-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-8_11-28-44.png
    upload_2019-4-8_11-28-44.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: PSLguy and JayX

JayX

Mar 7, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
There is no place for a new arena in Ft laud. The area that they are talking about is where the Parker Playhouse is( about 2000 seats).

Yeah, the logistics of doing a full team move to FTL is insane. The cost of developing in the area, the traffic, the amount of space required... for what? No genuine rise in attendance figures at a huge increase in cost? I don't buy it for a second. The BB&T is a pretty solid arena in an area that isn't perfect, but is accessible to a wide range of fans. The 7:00pm ice time hurts more than the location.

I've been hoping to hear more about the practice rink on US-1 though. I don't think it'll be in place of Parker Playhouse as that's due for it's own renovations shortly, but definitely in the Holiday Park area. It looked like things were progressing but then news stopped a few months ago. Hopefully just the silence of contracts being worked out, and behind the scenes dealings.

Reactions: patthebat

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
No they weren’t. A lot of things were undersold actually. I don’t think you realize the turmoil and damgE that was dons
Proved by? I keep asking and you never respond.

You have claimed insider sources for three seasons now, and have never proven a thing.

Reactions: klabob

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

Matheson just needs to be coached up and put in spots where he can make easier decisions more consistently. It's honestly that simple.

He's a very talented hockey player with a lot of good qualities who consistently makes boneheaded turnovers trying to make plays. He will naturally make fewer mistakes over time -- just like with mastery of anything -- but putting him in better spots will help him immediately.

Reactions: Ghoste

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad