GDT: God Damn Press Conference day!

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
So Panthers to have a terrible season, and already have me looking forward to training camp...

All of us are gonna stroke out by 50 with this emotional rollercoaster

At least there's plenty of room to rollercoast since a lot of folks have cancelled season tickets etc.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@cowboy82nd

Screenshot_20190408-100000_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20190408-100026_YouTube.jpg

There ya go. Like I said, take it with a grain of salt but that would be sweet to have a rink downtown, itd attract a lot more people but @PSLguy would be pisssed!!

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
At least there's plenty of room to rollercoast since a lot of folks have cancelled season tickets etc.
I think Vinnie might be surprised by what making sound rational decisions might do for this fanbase. If he cant commit now, he never will.

This offseason has just begun, I just hope Dale doesnt go crazy and put us in a cap situation like Toronto or Edmonton and blow it. The real core is only underpaid for 3 more seasons.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I think Vinnie might be surprised by what making sound rational decisions might do for this fanbase. If he cant commit now, he never will.

This offseason has just begun, I just hope Dale doesnt go crazy and put us in a cap situation like Toronto or Edmonton and blow it. The real core is only underpaid for 3 more seasons.

I don't think Boughner was an issue but at least the replacement isn't Rowe again. Probably gets fans buy an extra ticket or two. There's still plenty of other issues to be fixed and this one imo was the least of Cats' worries.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
They wouldn’t have a press conference for third jerseys. They most likely wouldn’t announce an outdoor game two days after the season just ended. And if they did announce an outdoor game it would be the players showing off wearing their outdoor game jerseys and both teams out there taking questions about how “excited” they are for the game....at least that’s what I think...

Maybe announcing for a new stadium for 202x and plans to move ? This seems like the only thing worth a press conference. I agree they would not hold something for a jersey. Maybe a ft. Lauderdale or other location as a test bed ?

I guess we will find out.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I don't think Boughner was an issue but at least the replacement isn't Rowe again. Probably gets fans buy an extra ticket or two. There's still plenty of other issues to be fixed and this one imo was the least of Cats' worries.
Unlike BB Q will have no issue putting the hammer down. And really what can this group say to man with 3 rings.

I hope he shows up to camp puts his rings on the table and tells them get ready to perform or expect to be replaced in the lineup.

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Unlike BB Q will have no issue putting the hammer down. And really what can this group say to man with 3 rings.

I hope he shows up to camp puts his rings on the table and tells them get ready to perform or expect to be replaced in the lineup.

It'll be interesting what type of defense the Cats will have in December if all of them should be more or less doghoused under Q's modus operandi.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It'll be interesting what type of defense the Cats will have in December if all of them should be more or less doghoused under Q's modus operandi.
Also forces Dale to address glaring issues right away, he didnt bring in Q to wait for internal improvement next season.

They want to win now.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

This is exactly how I see it too. There is going to be no more excuses from this team. Don’t want to put the work in? Then enjoy the press box. Q is a no BS coach. This guy knows what it takes to win and if you don’t want to be a part of that you’re going to find yourself benched real quick.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I'm willing to do it now. It started by reinstating Tallon and now getting Q.

The whole mess after 2016 was a big blunder but **** happens, that's life. Gotta respect Viola for making a 180, not many guys are willing to admit and fix their mistakes.
I am glad some fans will feel better, but we wont agree on the reality of the full situation.

A lot of smoke was going on around the franchise at the time, and many things were blown way out of proportion.

Reactions: klabob and Kellyr

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018
Someone made a comment on a YouTube vid a couple months back saying his friend works for a company proposing a new arena for FLA, downtown FTL. Take it with a grain of salt but itd be a great move longterm if they can make it happen. Lease is up in 2023 for BB&T so gives them time to approve and start the building in a year or two.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad