GDT: God Damn Press Conference day!

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
This brought me back to my childhood watching Fonz in Happy Days.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
First, Kaapo's our's.

Check's in the mail, Gary.

Second, Q'a reputation for being anti-youngster was vastly overblown. If he has high expectations for a player, he holds their feet to the coals and expects them to be better when they screw up. Lots of younger players cracked the roster and thrived under him in Chicago, he didn't take kindly to talented idiots and let plugs play ahead of them to try to force them to get good.

If someone's good, is smart, and especially works hard, Q will have them see ice time.

This is exactly what we need

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Proved by? I keep asking and you never respond.

You have claimed insider sources for three seasons now, and have never proven a thing.
Cause I’m not about to name drop just to get verified and have people
I don’t know believe me. Not that important if u believe me or not. But if public comments by players weren’t enough for u then you clearly have your own narrative your stuck on.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Cause I’m not about to name drop just to get verified and have people
I don’t know believe me. Not that important if u believe me or not. But if public comments by players weren’t enough for u then you clearly have your own narrative your stuck on.
I guess we will just have to take your word on it.

Reactions: klabob

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
First, Kaapo's our's.

Check's in the mail, Gary.

Second, Q'a reputation for being anti-youngster was vastly overblown. If he has high expectations for a player, he holds their feet to the coals and expects them to be better when they screw up. Lots of younger players cracked the roster and thrived under him in Chicago, he didn't take kindly to talented idiots and let plugs play ahead of them to try to force them to get good.

If someone's good, is smart, and especially works hard, Q will have them see ice time.

Thank God, Matheson night never play again.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada

Okay real talk though besides lul Matheson sux. It was obvious the guy was having a rough season and being hard on himself and subsequently making more mistakes because of it. Not only that, but I think the fall out from the Petterson incident rocked him a little, he seems like the type of guy who wouldn’t handle death threats well over social media. Much of Mathesons game is mental, and I think he was really over thinking his game this year and it showed. The guy is too good for this season the be the normal.

Reactions: LastOfADyingBeard

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
This is exactly what we need

To be fair, you will get infuriated at him when he loves a plug that practices his butt off, but just enter the season with that understanding. If a player impresses Q, especially in practice, he'll be the best player's coach imaginable. If a player gets in his doghouse, he's going to have to go out of his way to get back in Q's good graces even if they're a supposedly sterling prospect.

Manning was a player that Q loved despite all the evidence showing that he stunk. He probably practiced one day until he puked and Q figured that intangible on and off the ice benefited the team more than his lack of talent detracted from it.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Only thing I'm worried about is Q's reputation for being tough on rookies. I wonder how that will affect Kaapo's development.

Tough shit. Step up or dont.... We have had coaches that play the passive role and the its ok pat on the back. We needed a coach who is going to push these guys to the limit.

I think he will respond well. Just do what you are told and listen to the advice given. I only see this not working with the players who are stubborn and arrogant. Q has the proof to back up what he says. I think everyone will respond and work hard for Q regardless of what happens.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
HEY GAIZSA, GUESS WHAT?!??!!? WE GOT QUINNENENVILLE, YEA?! WHATS THAT?? WE GOT A GOOD COACH?!?? WE GOT A STANLEY CUP WINNING FIRST PICK COACHA??? WHATS HIS ANME? Q-Q-Q-Q-Q-Q-

WIN-VILLE, TIME TO WIN IN THE VILLE-age BABY@!!! f***IM SOO HAPPY

Reactions: MPGA

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Dont know if it's been posted but we have a new alternate logo, maybe for the month of November....

FB_IMG_1554780166747.jpg

What a day/night! Tomorrow we found out where we could pick.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I truly hope Q gets the best out of Matheson. If he does, that will absolutely huge for us.

Turning Matheson's contract from an albatross into an asset would be a real feather in anyone's cap. I think the kid can turn it around, but he really needs a strong coach to help him do it.

Reactions: PSLguy

JayX

Mar 7, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Turning Matheson's contract from an albatross into an asset would be a real feather in anyone's cap. I think the kid can turn it around, but he really needs a strong coach to help him do it.

The upside is that it's going to be at least looked into after a single year of bad play. If he'd languished for several seasons, it would be absolutely game over for his career. He seems to know he did badly, lets hope he can not let the media and online criticism get to him (which can be difficult, even in our market) and start fresh next season. Every fan of the team wants him to succeed, he just needs support that he wasn't getting from the previous coach who seemed content with just letting him go out and make the same mistakes over and over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad