GDT: Europa League Final - Liverpool vs Sevilla - St Jakob-Park, Basel, Switzerland

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
4 minutes?!?!

I'm okay with Sevilla winning. They were the better team this second half, and all their goals were fair.

But with that said, the officiating this game has been a disgrace. UEFA should be using it in their referee classes of what not to do.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's still a matter that a lot of this rubbish has to be moved out. A left back, a central defender, a keeper and an attacker or two have to be the start.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
plus you gotta wonder about them getting the numbers wrong on the board, coach told them the wrong ones..?

They had to go after the official just to get him to where he should have been on top of the fact that the number they got wrong was the number of the player going on and not the player coming off.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really now believe that European competitions are rigged for Spanish teams.

I'm not even a fan of any team, but this is just absurd.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Pretending like the second half had nothing to do with the first is wrong. Fact is Liverpool should have had two penalties and if they'd scored them they'd have been up 3-0. The complexion of the second half would have been totally different.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Suspicious officiating to say the least. But as the season has gone along, this team has gotten better. Just want the new season to arrive, think they will be top 4 as they continue to improve.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I really now believe that European competitions are rigged for Spanish teams.

I'm not even a fan of any team, but this is just absurd.

You seriously need to put the mouse away.

Pretending like the second half had nothing to do with the first is wrong. Fact is Liverpool should have had two penalties and if they'd scored them they'd have been up 3-0. The complexion of the second half would have been totally different.

Absolutely, assuming the calls should have been made. I'm not saying they shouldn't have been as I didn't see the first half, but the complexion of the game would have been different. Sevilla obviously have the talent to pull back the match, but impossible to say they would have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad