GDT: Europa League Final - Liverpool vs Sevilla - St Jakob-Park, Basel, Switzerland

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
As much as I love Klopp and think he is a top5 manager. This is his 5th cup final lost in a row. I know 2cup finals in one year without his own players and all that. Still for any top class manager that isn't a good record.

Still Liverpool did provide one of the best paths to a final that has been witness, in a long time. Congrats for them since most teams thought they would be out since the Utd-LFC draw.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The real question is why Liverpool didn't come out to play in the 2nd half? Were Sevilla really that good? At the end of the day though whine and complain all you want the best team won and won it with style.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The real question is why Liverpool didn't come out to play in the 2nd half? Were Sevilla really that good? At the end of the day though whine and complain all you want the best team won and won it with style.
They got shocked by the early goal and whatever plan they had got blown out of the water.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
As much as I love Klopp and think he is a top5 manager. This is his 5th cup final lost in a row. I know 2cup finals in one year without his own players and all that. Still for any top class manager that isn't a good record.

Still Liverpool did provide one of the best paths to a final that has been witness, in a long time. Congrats for them since most teams thought they would be out since the Utd-LFC draw.

How many of these finals has been against Bayern Munich? Nor sure I think it's fair. And two of them with a team he took over mid season.

Shocking performance from Coutinho, Moreno and Can today :amazed:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I guess being a ManU fan makes him unable to give his opinion as a former professional ref, since the bias towards Liverpool is too high.

Ex-SouthYorkshire Policeman Howard Webb?

Wake up

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Ex-SouthYorkshire Policeman Howard Webb?

Wake up

tim.png

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Okay I won't bother to comment on the referees. More on the Liverpool players.

Moreno you better gtfu! After your comment about non celebrating a goal and playing the worst game by a Liverpool player this season. You don't even deserve to be a backup.
I don't want to watch this shameful left back ever with a Liverpool shirt.

Coutinho your inconsistencies is unbearable, I don't care if you play one game out of 3 as a world class talent I wouldn't shread a tear if they sell you and move on.

Lovren... I hope it's the last time you start in an important game.

Sturridge please stay injury free for one season.

Milner you are a rotation/backup player and nothing more.

Lallana... see Milner.

Mignolet. Not much to blame you today but you managed to ruin so many game and you are the most anti clutch/big game goaltender in the history of football. gtfu with Moreno.

Klopp your team constantly playing like **** one half of a game is a huge concern. You better change the losing mentality of your team.

See ya next year!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
- Liverpool have no leg to stand on here. They pulled a Villareal but instead of it being in the 2nd leg it was the 2nd half. They were complete no shows and deserved to lose.

- Moreno was compete trash and Countinho should have not even bothered to suit up this game. He did absolutely nothing, pretty shocked when Klopp subbed off Firminho instead of him.

- The better team won, 1st half saw both teams playing well at times but 2nd half Sevilla just bossed it. Emery just keeps on winning.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nice second half by Sevilla, who showed their quality.

That said, you can't ignore two clear penalties for Liverpool. They were not 50/50 calls to me. They were obvious pens. And the game would certainly have been different.

However, calling it a conspiracy for spanish teams is soooo ridiculous given Villareal's shout at disgraceful officiating in the semi final. Liverpool certainly benefited from positive officiating for them (though not as obvious as yesterday's handballs).

Short memories.

EDIT : BTW, after predicting Liverpool would be in the top 4 the last two years as well as Liverpool having a better team in that final, maybe someone needs to take a step back and respect other teams while trying to ignore his own biases... :sarcasm:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Sevilla should just forfeit their CL place to Liverpool. They'll finish 3rd in their group and win the whole damn thing again anyways.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Nice second half by Sevilla, who showed their quality.

That said, you can't ignore two clear penalties for Liverpool. They were not 50/50 calls to me. They were obvious pens. And the game would certainly have been different.

However, calling it a conspiracy for spanish teams is soooo ridiculous given Villareal's shout at disgraceful officiating in the semi final. Liverpool certainly benefited from positive officiating for them (though not as obvious as yesterday's handballs).

Short memories.

Exact, reason why I said they have no leg to stand on.

Sevilla should just forfeit their CL place to Liverpool. They'll finish 3rd in their group and win the whole damn thing again anyways.

Leciester city should give up their spot too.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Sevilla :clap: such a well run club, and a deserved win last night. Fantastic game from Banega, such a shame he's leaving

That moment though when a UEFA official wanted the players to go pose for an official photo, and Reyes told him to **** off and the entire team went to their fans to sing the club anthem together. Gave me chills :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad