GDT: GDT #27 New York Islanders vs Toronto Maple Leafs | December 11th | 7:00 PM | F/4-3 OTW

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
With Reilly, it's like we found a lottery ticket laying in the street, scratched it off a won a D man who has size, can skate, can shoot, and plays a high energy game. He's exactly what we needed. And when our guys get healthy, it had better not be Aho playing and Reilly sitting.

He Reminds me of Former Isle Jeff Norton.... Solid Offensive Skills

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The Leafs fan obsession with @The Winter Soldier is borderline stalker-ish. They talk about him on their board, and of course when Tavares scored their fans came here to like his comments lol
It's truly weird, I have been on the Isles board since Barzal's rookie year. How many years is that now? Oh well, I will confess, nothing beats making my night better than spoiling Tavares individual 2 pt tips night than to associate it with a L. Isles win is more important.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
This ain't Trotz hockey any more. Kudas to Lambert. Maybe he's improved this team for the better.
I think it's now 9 new players from what Lane inherited
Mire size
More speed
Dobson becming elite
Barzal breaking out
Holmstrom
And much more

The playing roster is more suited to attacking than sitting back
This team will keep improving all season as the newcomers get to know each other and integrate

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I don't know why any fans fall for the Bissonnette shtick. He's a WWE character.
used to listen to the podcast, they have great guests and I kinda like the golf-talk, but it's an obnoxious group, gets old fast. Like Howard Stern, it's pretty sad if you listen long enough. I guess I dropped it just in time.

Biz has personality for sure, he's good on TV, but he's also fake in a weird way.

Reactions: duster19 and MJF

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
used to listen to the podcast, they have great guests and I kinda like the golf-talk, but it's an obnoxious group, gets old fast. Like Howard Stern, it's pretty sad if you listen long enough. I guess I dropped it just in time.

Biz has personality for sure, he's good on TV, but he's also fake in a weird way.

I separate the nonsensical "characters" from the rest of the show. Some of it is very repetitive but it's only once a week so it's not like I'm hearing it every day.

Reactions: redbull

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
IMG_4275.jpeg

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Leafs fans seem butthurt on social medias that their blankie-sucking "captain" got booed hard tonight.

Maybe they can throw him another JT Appreciation night like that last time in 2019 :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
didn't think the booing was bad at all. Maybe in the building it was more noticeable - good game. Tavares played well, typical game from him, Islanders played good-enough and big goal, big saves, 2 points. Memorable, emotional game which is fun to watch.

Let's face it, some of these mid-week type out-of-division games can be boring as hell.

Maybe Biz can share his Bag of Dicks with the Creeps Fans!!!!!
now there's an image.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Still awake, nothing is more satisfying hanging a Loss on the Leafs spoiling Tavares individual night. 98th player to hit 1000 points with only 2 series wins and Zero cups.

BTW if you pay hard earned money to go to a game, fans can boo cheer all they want. They chose to cheer Horvat's OT Goal and to boo a former Islander. Be loyal to the logo;

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
I think it's now 9 new players from what Lane inherited
Mire size
More speed
Dobson becming elite
Barzal breaking out
Holmstrom
And much more

The playing roster is more suited to attacking than sitting back
This team will keep improving all season as the newcomers get to know each other and integrate
I’m ready to make it official. The baton has been passed and it is now Lou’s roster and it is indeed a good one. Kudas to Lou! ( until they start losing again then it’s off with his head and castrate Lane!)

And for some BIZarre reason that is popular…
I have no idea who that guy is and why he matters.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Err, we’ve won 13 of 27 games. Under Trotz the Islanders had home ice advantage in his first year, and started the next year 16-3-1. And all the playoff series wins of course.

Perhaps you might want to pump the brakes a bit Garth
The record doesn’t matter. What matters at least in the past few weeks the team is learning how to play to win and not play not to lose. For whatever reason under Trotz winning record nonetheless the team never developed a killer instinct so it never took that necessary step. This team is something else and has the opportunity to be something special. We’ll see how the season unfolds but things are definitely looking on the up. Again, all credit to Lambert to do whatever he did to ignite this team and Lou for doing his job to replace any injured players.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Horvat scoring and denying what seemed like an inevitable loss in OT is worth 68 million in my eyes

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Regarding Bisonette… these social media guys like to slam Isles fans because…

Isles fans are passionate and will give it back. Automatically, gets buzz with large fanbases in the Ranger AND now Toronto fans apparently. It’s all manufactured BS to get social media traction.

But with that said… FU Biz with your unoriginal take that Tavares should be “White Knight” celebrated.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
While I missed most of the game between the Kings and Isles last Saturday due to watching NXT Deadline, I am glad to have caught the Leafs Isles game on Monday. The Isles played with fire in the third, especially after the Leafs pulled Samsonov for their extra attacker, where their siege ultimately led to the ultimate insult as Tavares scored his 1000th NHL point. However great recovery by the Isles to salvage the second point in OT, on a Barzal cross ice pass to Horvat who ROOFED the puck over Samsonov.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I'll boo JT until my final breath as an Islanders fan, which will be a long time. Screw that guy and don't give a damn about him getting 1000 points.

He's been pedestrian on the Leafs and the biggest accomplishment that team has is getting out of the first round.

Great win tonight though, glad we got it, but really sucks to give up the lead with less than 20 seconds left. That can be back breaking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad