GDT: GDT #27 New York Islanders vs Toronto Maple Leafs | December 11th | 7:00 PM | F/4-3 OTW

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Top 10 things I have learned here in the past week

1. Trotz and his flawed system held the team back.
2. Records don't matter and winning in the playoffs is meaningless
3. A few wins in December tell me all I need to know about a team
3. Barzal is now "unleashed."
4. Not since the Dough Weight years has the team been this exciting.
5. Lambert told Barzal to be more confident. So Barzal became more confident. He said so. Duh.
6. The mentality of this team is one of a winner. (If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you).
7. Even though we blew a lead (again) last night, we didn't really blow a lead because "I like what I see now."
8. The 6 playoff series wins in 3 years under Trotz were boring.
9. Things are finally progressing the way we all hoped after Barzal's rookie season.
10. IT'S SNOW'S ROSTER ANYWAY! :)

Don't feed the troll.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here

5. Lambert told Barzal to be more confident. So Barzal became more confident. He said so. Duh.
6. The mentality of this team is one of a winner. (If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you).
7. Even though we blew a lead (again) last night, we didn't really blow a lead because "I like what I see now."
9. Things are finally progressing the way we all hoped after Barzal's rookie season.
I knew you would eventually become educated.

Reactions: Rehabguy

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Just finished watching. The Nelson line was unreal. Mayfield maybe be suffering the most from Pulock's absence. He is likely hurt and trying to soldier through but he is put in some tough matchups. I still kinda like Bolduc but he is drinking from the firehose. Two mistakes led to two goals eventually. I think he will continue to grow if time allows. Reilly sure looked like he was tripped by Bertuzzi when he got that stinger. Goal number one sneaky move by Nylander to hold Cal's stick. Could have been a penalty. Leafs were fairly dominant on the draws. OT was inevitable in this game. Neither team finishes many in regulation.

Tavares- Is it classless to boo him? I don't think so. He leveraged the Islanders to maximize his bonus money from the Leafs. He wrote the script with his public please don't trade me nonsense.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011

Good boy!!! You are paying attention. You get a gold star. Hugs and kisses

There is hope for the greasy rats after all.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Lost in yesterday's win is just how skilled a OT goal Horvat scored, and Barzal's highly skilled feather saucer pass. You can see it was a dagger to the Leafs heart, well it is questionable they if they have a heart. But you can see it written in Tavares face after that goal. Love it!

Yep looked like he was about to cry. I actually feel for the guy. I think he knows he made a bad decision and it’s finally computed. Hope the best for him in Toronto.

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
The amount of butt hurt from Leafs fans is hilarious. Love that the Isles spoiled it and his milestone achievement is in a loss, fitting his accumulation of meaningless points throughout his career.
I was at the game and it's kind of fitting that he would hit a milestone in the only building he would be booed in.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
hello my fellow Isles, it is day one after the legendary 1000 point show when the loser got what he deserved. Well done, Isles. I am feeling fine and that's all, on to the next game....

Reactions: beach

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Matt is Mr Islander. I can see front office for him. Lou loves him. I am sure he would make a good colour guy when Butch hangs it up. Pulock would be good trade bait. I would keep Pelech. I didn't mind Reilly's puck moving.

Trudeau is done. I am voting for this guy. Lots of people I know are as well.
Nope, that title belongs to someone else ;)

Martin however can be given the title “The Mayor of Long Island” and I don’t think anyone in the Islandersverse would disagree.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Lost in yesterday's win is just how skilled a OT goal Horvat scored, and Barzal's highly skilled feather saucer pass.
Yes, good call. The saucer pass was great, and for Horvat to take that pass on his forehand coming from the right side and immediately snap it off to the perfect spot with pace and all done at high speed. Really skilled play on both ends.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
On Reddit some Leafs fan posted, "Take that Isles" on Tavares' 1000pts. Makes me laugh because all we need to know (thanks to Brendan and the stats guys) is that Tavares scored 62% of those points for us at 50% the cost, lol.

Reactions: mm11

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Not sure about "weaknesses" but of course money would've had to have been allocated differently. Supposedly we were in on Panarin and other high priced FA's so the appetite to add a big contract was clearly there.

We've been desperate for more offense forever now and was the number one reason we couldn't get by TB. To somehow suggest that we were/are better off without Tavares is 100% sour grapes. Tavares-Barzal-Nelson down the middle in 2021 and 2022 is cup caliber.
Go take 15 mil off that team and get back to me

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Nope, that title belongs to someone else ;)

Martin however can be given the title “The Mayor of Long Island” and I don’t think anyone in the Islandersverse would disagree.
I would say that title would belong to Clark Gillies, yes he's no longer with us but his work on behalf of the Long Island community will be his greatest legacy.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I would say that title would belong to Clark Gillies, yes he's no longer with us but his work on behalf of the Long Island community will be his greatest legacy.

It's Bobby Ny. Never played a game for anyone else, was a member of the inaugural team in '72 and a part of all 4 cups. Plus that pretty important goal against the Flyers...

There's a reason #23 is in the rafters for a guy who is no where close to the HHOF.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
It's Bobby Ny. Never played a game for anyone else, was a member of the inaugural team in '72 and a part of all 4 cups. Plus that pretty important goal against the Flyers...

There's a reason #23 is in the rafters for a guy who is no where close to the HHOF.
I'm not talking about Bobby Nystrom, I agree with you on all points there, I'm referring to the comment about MM being the Mayor of Long Island.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2