GDT: GDT #27 New York Islanders vs Toronto Maple Leafs | December 11th | 7:00 PM | F/4-3 OTW

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
1702309070437.png

NEW YORK ISLANDERS (12-7-7) VS TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (14-6-4)
7 PM | UBS ARENA | BUY TICKETS
WATCH: MSGSN | MSG+ | ESPN+
LISTEN: 88.7FM | 103.9FM | 1050AM

As their season-long six-game homestand continues, the New York Islanders are vying for the third consecutive win as they host the Toronto Maple Leafs on Monday night.

JG Pageau scored the overtime-winner 13 seconds into the extra frame in a thrilling 3-2 comeback win for the Islanders against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday night. Anders Lee scored two goals in the third period to erase a 2-0 deficit, while Ilya Sorokin made 34 saves in a game that snapped the Kings’ historic 11-game road win streak.

Head Coach Lane Lambert was satisfied with the performance of the third period - and the result - after the Islanders earned their first victory of the season when trailing after two periods.

“We talked about playing on our toes and playing aggressive, it’s a work in progress,” Lambert said after Saturday’s win. “We’re pretty happy with the third period tonight and we’ll go from there.”

The Maple Leafs cruised past the Nashville Predators 4-0 on Saturday night on home ice. David Kampf, Auston Matthews (2G) and Noah Gregor led the way for Toronto offensively while Ilya Samsonov stopped all 18 shots he faced in the win.

Both teams are riding five-game point streaks as the Islanders (4-0-1) and Maple Leafs (2-0-3) faceoff for the first matchup of the season series. Last season, the Islanders had the edge with a record of 2-1-0 through three meetings.

1702309100292.png

ISLANDERS NOTES​

- The Islanders are on a five-game point streak (4-0-1) to mark their third five-game point streak of the season. The Islanders have picked up points in 11 of their last 12 and sport a record of 7-1-4 in that span. The Isles are tied with the Nashville Predators in the NHL for most points earned (18) since Nov. 14.

- JG Pageau recorded his third career overtime goal and his first as an Islander on Saturday night, going five-hole on Cam Talbot to bury the game-winner. The Islanders improved their overtime record to 2-5 this season.

“What a finish,” Lambert said of Pageau’s OT winner. “He really made a nice move and put it away. It was nice to see for our whole group as well, because we’ve had chances in overtime in some of the games where we lost late, where we had breakaways and hit goal posts. It was nice to see it go in tonight.”

- Robert Bortuzzo made his Islanders debut on Saturday night, recording one blocked shot, two hits and 16:03 TOI skating in a pair with Samuel Bolduc. The right-handed, 6’4 defenseman was aqcuired by Islanders on Friday in light of Ryan Pulock’s IR designation.

- With an assist on Lee’s game-tying goal, Bo Horvat extended his point streak to six games with 10 points (4G, 6A) over that span. The center has 15 assists and 24 points on the season.

- Mathew Barzal maintains the team lead in points (28) and assists (19).

- Mike Reilly has four points (1G, 3A) in his last three games.

- The Islanders are 6-3-5 on home ice this season.

MAPLE LEAFS NOTES​

- Toronto is looking for their third straight win as they face off against the Islanders on Monday in the first half of a back-to-back set.

- Goaltender Joseph Woll is out week-to-week with a lower-body injury, the team announced on Saturday. The 25-year-old netminder has eight wins through 13 starts this season along with a .916 SV% and a 2.80 GAA.

- Timothy Liljegren is out with a lower-body injury suffered in a 3-2 SO loss to the Boston Bruins on Nov. 2. Getting closer to a return, the defenseman joined his team for the first time as full participant at the morning skate on Saturday. He has one point (1A) through 10 games this season.

- Auston Matthews leads the Leafs in goals (18) in his eighth season with the team. The 26-year-old forward had a pair of goals in Saturday's 4-0 shutout win and has three multi-point games in his last four outings.

- William Nylander is the team leader in points (32) and assists (19) in his ninth season in Toronto. The 27-year-old is riding a four-game point streak with five points (1G, 4A).

- The Maple Leafs sit third in the Atlantic Division with 32 points and a record of 14-6-4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I was at one of the Toronto games when UBS opened. The leafs fans in attendance were some of the most annoying insufferable bungholes I have ever seen.

Please, islanders, deliver a huge beatdown of these leaf clowns tonight.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I was at one of the Toronto games when UBS opened. The leafs fans in attendance were some of the most annoying insufferable bungholes I have ever seen.

Please, islanders, deliver a huge beatdown of these leaf clowns tonight.
You should experience an Isles-Rags game at UBS if you want annoying and insufferable fans from the away team.

Reactions: BillD

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
You should experience an Isles-Rags game at UBS if you want annoying and insufferable fans from the away team.
Oh I have. Fortunately fellow isles fans around me put them in their place early and they behaved.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
You guys still have crazy hate for Tavares, eh?

Do you also have anger towards Isles mgmt for missing all the signs that he wasnt guaranteed to sign here? When he said..

"I just wanna see the whole thing play out" or something similar -- to me? tells me that hes not a guaranteed re-sign. He COULD sign elsewhere.. so be mad at him all you want.

Failure is on Isles mgmt for 1. believing he'd sign with the Isles and 2. not dealing him for something beforehand.

That's Bones' hot taek.

Reactions: periferal

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
So if Slowpoke Rodriguez gets 2 points for his 1000 milestone...

Will the Islanders acknowledge it with congratulations on the scoreboard? I fear yes.

Will the fans treat him as viciously as the did for his homecoming. Sadly, I fear not. But hoping.

Do you also have anger towards Isles mgmt for missing all the signs that he wasnt guaranteed to sign here? When he said..
yep and yep

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
So if Slowpoke Rodriguez gets 2 points for his 1000 milestone...

Will the Islanders acknowledge it with congratulations on the scoreboard? I fear yes.

Will the fans treat him as viciously as the did for his homecoming. Sadly, I fear not. But hoping.
e57b2391c32f181d3074965f2634f4c9.png

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Oh I have. Fortunately fellow isles fans around me put them in their place early and they behaved.
The scary part is most of them couldn’t even tell you who the starting goalie is yet they’re all “real Rangers fans”.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

"I just wanna see the whole thing play out" or something similar -- to me? tells me that hes not a guaranteed re-sign. He COULD sign elsewhere.. so be mad at him all you want.

Failure is on Isles mgmt for 1. believing he'd sign with the Isles and 2. not dealing him for something beforehand.

That's Bones' hot taek.

Can't both be true? Can't the Isles management be totally incompetent for failing to protect themselves AND Tavares be a total snake for leading on and deceiving a team that he had a disproportionate leverage over (the reasons for which can be debated at another time)?

Reactions: NYI365 and Bones45

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Tavares has got to be a glutton for punishment if he even thinks about getting his 1000th point on Long Island tonight. My advice for him: don’t.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Considering the passage of time and the fact that almost 2/3 of Tavares' 1000 points would have come while on the Isles, if I were there I'd probably be inclined to give him a smattering of applause if he got the two points. It would help if we were ahead by a few goals when it happened. ;)

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Considering the passage of time and the fact that almost 2/3 of Tavares' 1000 points would have come while on the Isles, if I were there I'd probably be inclined to give him a smattering of applause if he got the two points. It would help if we were ahead by a few goals when it happened. ;)
If I owned a pet store on Long Island I'd probably be inclined to offer any customer a buy 1 snake get 1 free special if any player was to score his 1000th point in tonight's matchup and I'd have the public announcer announce it during the game.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

That's Bones' hot taek.
To some he is their “Bailey”.

Reactions: Bones45

crasherino

May 9, 2013
That's very magnanimous of you. You clearly are a mature, thoughtful adult.

Its my least favorite characteristic of yours.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00