GDT: GDT #27 New York Islanders vs Toronto Maple Leafs | December 11th | 7:00 PM | F/4-3 OTW

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Happy to see Tavares get his 1,000th point on Long Island in a Leafs loss. It’s appropriate. His best years were here. Leafs got the sunset years. f*** them.

Team played a good game tonight (aside from the 6 on 5 at the end) vs a tough opponent. Glad they got the second point. They are on a roll now and let’s keep stacking points. Every win the bank is huge in a tight eastern conference.

Dobson is starting to look like a star. I’ve been hard on Lou but both Romanov and Horvat were worth the firsts. Good players in their primes.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Gotta say. Fitting that the former captain #91 gets his 1000 with his former teammates congratulating him on the bench. Kind of sad that what should have been a completely joyous night for him was tainted by a smattering of boos- also fitting. But in the end the story line is the same. JT gets to indulge in himself, but it's an Islander win all around in the end.

Happy to see Tavares get his 1,000th point on Long Island in a Leafs loss. It’s appropriate. His best years were here. Leafs got the sunset years. f*** them.

Team played a good game tonight (aside from the 6 on 5 at the end) vs a tough opponent. Glad they got the second point. They are on a roll now and let’s keep stacking points. Every win the bank is huge in a tight eastern conference.

Dobson is starting to look like a star. I’ve been hard on Lou but both Romanov and Horvat were worth the firsts. Good players in their primes.
Yeah kind of reminiscing him in the Islander uniform showing his best game. So both happy for him and sad for him at the same time. What a waste. Looked like he was going to cry when they lost at the end. It is what it is.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Nice to see Barzal play like he’s expected to and paid to do.
thought he and Bo were really quiet in the 2nd and 3rd but the Islanders are a completely different team when they have the lead. I know you psychopaths who watch closely have ranted all season about it - but I just don't understand how the same tenacious forecheck, backcheck, forcing the play, forcing mistakes - that's why they're so good. Why not just continue to play that way? If you have to bribe the scorekeeper to show them down 2, just do it. Lou has that power.
It's insane.

It's not like they can't do it, there's clearly a blind-spot in the coach's brain-eye-signal-processor (just made that up) - and if not for Sorokin (or Varlamov) - good GOD, I said enough!

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Gotta say. Fitting that the former captain #91 gets his 1000 with his former teammates congratulating him on the bench. Kind of sad that what should have been a completely joyous night for him was tainted by a smattering of boos- also fitting. But in the end the story line is the same. JT gets to indulge in himself, but it's an Islander win all around in the end.

Yeah kind of reminiscing him in the Islander uniform showing his best game. So both happy for him and sad for him at the same time. What a waste. Looked like he was going to cry when they lost at the end. It is what it is.

Judas made an Adult Decision and Left. No Joy for me in anything he achieves.... He is a Disjointed Robot....

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
The OT goal by the "kid" the and the one who would replace Tavares is also fitting. No way Captain Slow could have kept up with Barzal on the OT beauty! Horvat can skate and snipe. Barzal skating with Horvat is the best outcome this team could have asked for. Tavares leaving turned out to be a blessing.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Anyone still think the Horvat trade/contract are bad? He’s elite. Actually even better than I originally thought.
Not anymore. Wasn't too impressed at the end of last year but this year- wow! I didn't realize he was this good. So gotta hand it to Lou.

Horvat
Romanov
Holmstrom
Engvall
Fasching
Gauthier
Reilly
etc

Yep, Lou's lost his fastball . . . :laugh:
The old geezer still got balls.

Reactions: Barzaltrick

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Dobson has ascended to another level, he is playing at an elite level. Another 3 assist game (2nd this year) and playing solid defense. He's brimming with confidence with testicles that have descended and they scrape the floor. There looks to be more there too which is scary.

I think his ceiling is even higher!

Reactions: PWJunior

warrior60

Dec 24, 2010
Hockey Town
One thing about Pelech and Pulock going down is Dobson absolutely stepping the f*** up and anchoring this defense.
And picking up a puck moving defense man off waivers, hopefully neither one come back anytime soon or have them rotate for Bolduc.
Remember how so many kept saying we couldn't win without Pelech?

Four straight over top teams without him AND Pulock

The pessimists are stunned
They finally picked up a defense man that can skate the puck out of their own end without icing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad